GT4 playable online via Xlink!

Giancarlo
What does that have to do with anything?

a lot. because GT4 online may suffer the same fate that GT3 "B-Spec" suffered... wich is, it may get scrapped alltogether in favour of other titles (mainly GT5).
PD might find that wasting resources on a game that is identical to GT4 in evryway (except online support) may not sell very well (and why would it? most people don't even play online, so who's gonna pay for the same game except for online players?). so.. why sell it?
this is why i REALLY wanted online in GT4 and not some stupid addon pack or new game.

Hi! This is my first post...just wondering, do i need an ip address to use Xlink? Cause I have a 10mb/10mb connection but no ip...maybe i can play but not host?

Gardus
Hi! This is my first post...just wondering, do i need an ip address to use Xlink? Cause I have a 10mb/10mb connection but no ip...maybe i can play but not host?

ok, what you mean is, you're behind a router or firewall, yes you can play or host anyway, as long as you have the ports for xlink open on your PC. (meaning, you have to configure your router and / or firewall for xlink)

gt4 is gonna make xlink huge. i found it about 3 days ago, then i came back to this forum to tell everyone,lol looks like someone got the news out already. i was about ready to trash my team untill i herd about it so, im happy as hell to see how big this is turning out to be adn that people hard work puttin together teams isnt for no reason

also dont forget to look around weplayhere.net . thats the official ladders for xlink kia

I'm in Italy and I have a fastweb account. It's a optic fibre connection, basically it's structured like a huge LAN, so I don't have a static IP address (it's complicated...) I have no limit with ports, but at the same time I can't give to anyone my ip so they can connect to me. So how can I host? I'm interested cause in case I can host everyody with fastweb could do so and we can have multiplayer with no problem of bandwidth and virtually no latency, just the way on a real LAN with half duplex cables.

Gardus
I'm in Italy and I have a fastweb account. It's a optic fibre connection, basically it's structured like a huge LAN, so I don't have a static IP address (it's complicated...) I have no limit with ports, but at the same time I can't give to anyone my ip so they can connect to me. So how can I host? I'm interested cause in case I can host everyody with fastweb could do so and we can have multiplayer with no problem of bandwidth and virtually no latency, just the way on a real LAN with half duplex cables.

if all ports are open then you're all set. you don't need to know your IP, xlink takes care of evrything.

Garrett
gt4 is gonna make xlink huge. i found it about 3 days ago, then i came back to this forum to tell everyone,lol looks like someone got the news out already. i was about ready to trash my team untill i herd about it so, im happy as hell to see how big this is turning out to be adn that people hard work puttin together teams isnt for no reason

also dont forget to look around weplayhere.net . thats the official ladders for xlink kia

My....my...my This is going to get interesting. Teams....Ranking....I've experienced this stuff a coulple of years ago in NFS Land (before Underground).

Clans are great and if you're a member of a fast clan - Your Name Tag w/Clan prefix will even carry some clout when racing others (hopefully before & after the race). :) But seriously, not all clans were about winning, there's the whole driving experience, comrodory, etc.

I've seen great diversity amongst the clans (this is a good thing), some were hardcore with requirements for participation (driving skills, etc.), others were more laid back.

Personally I choose to remain independent - although I did join 7DS (Seven Deadly Sins) for a brief period.

All this talk brings back fond memories. And seeing how GT4 is sooo much better - and has a rediculously huge following :) All I can say is HOLD ON cause it's going to be a WILD RIDE :cool:

Gardus
OK....so...just the time to get my copy and be ready for an italian racing team coming out from nowhere and kicking a** :-D

actually, the only people you're gonna be able to get your ass kicked or kick their ass are italians. and to make matters worse only people with your same ISP if reports are any indications... it seems the LAN network code isn't lag tolerant at all.

SaintKamus
actually, the only people you're gonna be able to get your ass kicked or kick their ass are italians. and to make matters worse only people with your same ISP if reports are any indications... it seems the LAN network code isn't lag tolerant at all.

Well...maybe some yellow little Japanese ass...just kidding!!

hey, are you guys using the lan connection to gt4 or the network connection ? i don't actually have the game so maybe i am saying the wrong thing, but in the translation page, they have LAN and NETWORK Connection options menus. it shows that you can connect to xlink via the network options field and it recognizes xlink within gt4. do we already know this ? is this how you guys are connecting ? are there 2 ways to connect ? or am i just telling you things you already know.. :D sorry if i am ! i haven't gotten my gt4 yet, so i haven't been able to explore yet. later-

Does anybody in UK have the original japanese GT4 or is still waiting for their delivery and is planning to play online?

i should be getting my original copy within a couple of days and would love to race someone in UK

my Xtag is abman if anybody wishes to add me to their contacts.

i dont have a clue what the Japanese are saying in the chat, is there anyway to download fonts for xlink kai?

abman
Does anybody in UK have the original japanese GT4 or is still waiting for their delivery and is planning to play online?

i should be getting my original copy within a couple of days and would love to race someone in UK

my Xtag is abman if anybody wishes to add me to their contacts.

i dont have a clue what the Japanese are saying in the chat, is there anyway to download fonts for xlink kai?

Excellent question, Is there a way/Software which will allow all the different languages to communicate Online in GT4? That would be wonderful!

HYBRIDLVR
Excellent question, Is there a way/Software which will allow all the different languages to communicate Online in GT4? That would be wonderful!

it's all up to PD. if they made significant changes to the car / track list or names (this is the one that worries me) then it probably won't be compatible... i hope they will be, but i'm not holding my breath.

Sorry that wasn't the question i was asking, although i know your answering HYBRIDLVR's question, i just didnt want the question i had to get forgotten about.

I can read the japanese menu's in games. Buttttttttttt, when chatting on xlink kai, everybody knows that when japanese/chinese type, all funny text comes up, as if kai doesnt support the fonts. my question is. Is there a font or any other method that can be applied so that the japanese/chinese in kai chat can appear properly in its original language, rather than the keyboard jargon that we see before us?

actually, looking back at what i said, i sound pretty rude....

apologies if anybody thought i sounded rude to this response!

complete accident :dunce:

:D you're a good guy abman. i think it has to do with the scripts you have installed on your computer. might need to install japanese language support for your entire system in order to view the japanese type that streams in on the kai chat. later

If you want to see Japanese writing, make sure you have Japanese text support for your PC - the best way to do this is visit a Japanese website and Internet Explorer will ask if you want to install Japanese text support (it'll ask for CDs etc).

abman
Japanese text supports my internet explorer, but not the chat in kai.

Abman don't sweat it, In a month it will all be figured out, Most of the Online players won't be japanese anyway, They make the game no doubt, We make it better!!!

Hello,
I had the chance to test online with VV using the Kai software.
It's working, but too slow, about half-speed and after one lap, it disconnects
:guilty:
It's a shame. I think we should all upgrade to fiber optic in our houses :dopey:
(my connection is around 1300/212 with a 80 ms ping, really not enough).

:grumpy:

wow that is not good, that it's so slow. my connection speed is about 2200/130. i gather the upload speed is more important than the download speed, and my upload speed is slower than yours. i hope i am able to play online !! but if not... :(

Back