GT5 delayed. Release date now TBA

• Thread starter matthsv05
  • 555 comments
Status
Not open for further replies.
No, Sony and PD have never been honest about the GT5's real status. Regardless, they are making a mess of their crown jewel and handling it like amateurs, showing little respect for its customers and fans.

Exactly my feeling! :indiff:

I can understand some hiding of most of the game content, but can't understand mistranslations and misinterpretations beginning with ugly mud of locations/tracks thing and ending with this delay with no obvious reason. Say reasonable word once, PD!

Voltaic ,
I dont think by this stage of the production, advertising , demo's at shows and increase publicity from everyone it will be December ,but if it is I will PM you with a humble message saying I was wrong

Worthy1066, I never said it will or would be December. I was/am "speculating" since they can pull any date out of the hat and claim it as the original release date for NA and the EU.

Since you mention it again however, it is possible they hyped GT5 to increase their PS3 sales for the current fiscal year. Having already reached their goal for the 2009 fiscal year, they may try to milk GT5 as long as they can into the new fiscal year. This is just another possibility.

I honestly don't know what or whom to believe anymore. Everything PD and Sony have said has not materialized yet. All I know is that I am a huge fan and would rightfully expect to be playing the damn game by now, if not very soon. It is looking like the "now" and the "soon" are a pipe dream for us all. Until GT5 hits the shelves somewhere in the world, GT5 is vaporware.

Just a few Questions .................

Have we ever been told the NA / EU release date for GT5 ?...............No
Is this current delay affecting the date we have been told ?..............No (see question 1)
Has the recent delay in Japan changed anything relating to NA / EU ?.No (see question 1/2)
Three points, all correct. What we currently know is tha Sony have confirmed that this delay is not impacting the EU and US releases. For all we know they may now be planning a simultaneous global launch or a global launch within a week or two of the first release.

We only know that the Japanese version of the games launch has been delayed and that the plans for the European and American versions are curently unaffected. He even went on to say that we'll hear details about both soon.

I presume an update on the Japanese launch will come at the same time because right now I'm presuming it will release worldwide in a short space of time.

Worthy1066, I never said it will or would be December. I was/am "speculating" since they can pull any date out of the hat and claim it as the original release date for NA and the EU.

Since you mention it again however, it is possible they hyped GT5 to increase their PS3 sales for the current fiscal year. Having already reached their goal for the 2009 fiscal year, they may try to milk GT5 as long as they can into the new fiscal year. This is just another possibility.

I honestly don't know what or whom to believe anymore. Everything PD and Sony have said has not materialized yet. All I know is that I am a huge fan and would rightfully expect to be playing the damn game by now, if not very soon. It is looking like the "now" and the "soon" are a pipe dream for us all. Until GT5 hits the shelves somewhere in the world, GT5 is vaporware.

I too have been a devoted fan since GT1 ,it's always been the norm inthe GT family of games to display a sense of detachment from the fans while creating these games, It has and always will be Kaz's child, there will always be a parental stance to Kaz's attitude towards Gran Turismo and he protects it with a passion as is evident with the reaction when asked about DLC .He feels like if the game has dlc it isnt finished ,and it annoy's him(personal feeling , hasnt been said by Kaz).This recent delay does seem like it is out of his hands and to does seem Like a Sony decision if thats the case there not going to leave this puppy off the shelves for long .

I hope it comes out soon because the GT TT is going to expire in a month and a half and I am NOT going to live without GT now that I have sold my PS2.

Oh, that doesn't really mean anything though unless they know the exact release date already in which case, good.

I hope it comes out soon because the GT TT is going to expire in a month and a half and I am NOT going to live without GT now that I have sold my PS2.

Isn't the TT still playable just your times wont go onto the leaderboards anymore?

Alright, now you are truly being a troll. Released in 2006? Seriously? Just a year after GT4? :lol:

Just read the CES 2010 Kaz interview and he quote's Kazunori Yamauchi:" It's almost done. We're at the final stages, just brushing up the finishing touches and raising the quality of everything right now."

that's before todays statement ,so now I do think it's Sony

What GT got delayed? Why I'm not surprised...

What's really bad is PD/Sony always leave us in the dark, I mean "production issues" , seriously?

People are assuming "production issue" refers to PD changing something, it may not necessarily mean anything to do with the development side, it may mean to do with "production", as in, the manufacture of the disks and manuals. Perhaps the wrong version of the game has been sent to the factories?
If that is the case, then it won't be a huge delay considering we're in January and I'm guessing they were only just starting the production run. At least not as big as say, having a major overhaul of a part of the game like some are assuming.

Motor Trend: How far along is GT5 from completion?

Kazunori Yamauchi: It's almost done. We're at the final stages, just brushing up the finishing touches and raising the quality of everything right now.

There'll be 950 cars, 20 locations and 70 layouts. So it'll be packed.

Its definitely Sony, why would kaz not mention anything for years only to give a date and delay it.

People are assuming "production issue" refers to PD changing something, it may not necessarily mean anything to do with the development side, it may mean to do with "production", as in, the manufacture of the disks and manuals. Perhaps the wrong version of the game has been sent to the factories?
If that is the case, then it won't be a huge delay considering we're in January and I'm guessing they were only just starting the production run. At least not as big as say, having a major overhaul of a part of the game like some are assuming.

Yes I too think it sounds like something wrong with the disks or something similar, but why not just tell what's happening? That would be smart IMO

Telling us it's almost ready and can be released anytime last year, and now delaying it's release is being deceitful and their credibility is going down the tubes.

Just my thoughts.

I'll just wait for another DLC from NFS:Shift and maybe Dirt2, they probably have one before this comes out :(

A:
Don't cry, I'm only being real. GT5 was suppose to be released with the launch of the PS3.

B:

Link 1:

"Possible Rumor: Vision Gran Turismo (GT5) PS3 launch title?"

"GameSpot reports that a recent update on release schedule section of Sony’s (playstation.jp) website suggests that next installment of Gran Truismo might be a possible PS3 launch title. However, no confirmed date has been set on the website."

Link 2: (since link B is not working, this is a Google cache of the page):

"Polyphony's CEO has announced that Gran Turismo HD will only be available as a downloadable demo from the Playstation store and will not be hitting retail as a full product. Rock on GT5!"

...continues...

"No date has been fixed for GT5, although Yamaouchi says there may be further concept demos in the future. "

__

B does not validate A.

Just so you're clear on the AUP:

"You will not post any material that is knowingly false, misleading, or inaccurate."

A:

B:

Link 1:

"Possible Rumor: Vision Gran Turismo (GT5) PS3 launch title?"

"GameSpot reports that a recent update on release schedule section of Sony’s (playstation.jp) website suggests that next installment of Gran Truismo might be a possible PS3 launch title. However, no confirmed date has been set on the website."

Link 2: (since link B is not working, this is a Google cache of the page):

"Polyphony's CEO has announced that Gran Turismo HD will only be available as a downloadable demo from the Playstation store and will not be hitting retail as a full product. Rock on GT5!"

...continues...

"No date has been fixed for GT5, although Yamaouchi says there may be further concept demos in the future. "

__

B does not validate A.

Just so you're clear on the AUP:

"You will not post any material that is knowingly false, misleading, or inaccurate."

Even if it was a rumor that GT5 will be a PS3 launch title, it is only rational to think that even if it's not the case it will at the most come out within a year, year and a half MAX. I have stumbled on a quite a few people who said they bought the PS3 in 2006 expecting to play this game soon.

If it were a problem like that, you wouldn't hear about in a press release. You wouldn't hear about it at all. Problems do indeed happen in that part of the process, but it'd never, ever warrant a press release. Certainly not with "indefinite" chucked in there.

It reeks of a marketing/financial decision tbh. You don't play all your cards at once, and with FFXIII set to be released in March, and with sustained and pretty good unit sales for the last several months for Sony, they'll want to split the aim of the PS3 sales in to two categories. Those who will buy it for FFXIII and those who will buy it for GT5, you release them the same time, and your console sales will not be as good as they could be.

Also worth noting how close between the box-art being delivered and this delay being announced. Still, it's not going to be much more than a month or two.

Even if it was a rumor that GT5 will be a PS3 launch title, it is only rational to think that even if it's not the case it will at the most come out within a year, year and a half MAX. I have stumbled on a quite a few people who said they bought the PS3 in 2006 expecting to play this game soon.
No, if I create a rumour that Forza 4 will be out next month and the media pick up on it and yet all we get next month is a Forza 3 update is it a: Turn 10's fault that the media spread the rumour and b: now that there is a rumour about Forza 4 are Turn 10 under any obligation to shift Forza 4's developmet schedule and the games targets so that it releases more in line with a rumour that had nothing to do with them?

For your information, Vision GT was not GT5, vision GT was a non-cannon GT game that was planned that later became GT:HD Classic. It was based on GT4 but it would make use of the PS3's computing power and have higher res textures, much larger grids and more trackside animation etc. It was to be a test bed for mico-transactions, but the gaming public were against it and GT:HD Classic was dropped. GT:HD Premium on the other hand was a demo that was going to be bundled with GT:HD Classis and then through DLC it would have evolved into what we eventually got with GT5:P. When GT:HD Classic was dropped we got a GT:HD demo and then GT5:P came after. Neither Sony nor PD ever once said GT5 was going to come out early in the PS3's life, the earliest release date we've ever been given is March 2010.

You know what, maybe this game hasn't been in development for as long as I think, but I'm probably going to crack and buy forza or shift now :-|

You know what, maybe this game hasn't been in development for as long as I think, but I'm probably going to crack and buy forza or shift now :-|

Shift is horrible in my opinion. it has a few glitches.

Don't cry, I'm only being real. GT5 was suppose to be released with the launch of the PS3.

I'm sorry, but did you just attempt to join logic and conjecture at the hip?

Stumbling upon people??? You made quite a strong statement about when GT5 was supposed to materialize, and this is how you defend it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest Posts

Back