GT5 delayed. Release date now TBA

• Thread starter matthsv05
  • 555 comments
Status
Not open for further replies.
:lol: What are you talking about, man? :lol: You are in the same position as him, waiting. Have you done anything to change that? No, you are merely talking on a forum. Talking is not the same as doing. Just because you are angry at PD doesn't mean you won't wait, you will be waiting like the rest of the members that complain about Sony and PD, with no reason at all, since there wasn't a set date to begin with. Just be And he is not a fanboy at all, you should know that by now.

I never said I was not waiting like everyone else. I am here venting my frustration here and at the GT5 forums. That in itself is doing something. There is little else one can do, short of switching platforms. Venting ones frustration in public forums is the only way we have to effectively try to reach Sony and PD in this case. That is, if they care.

What are you doing about it? Enlighten me please.

Famine, I think that as a mod you ought to stand back a little. It's obviously OK making your case, but to threaten to ban someone in the middle of a discussion is bad. I don't see anything that amounts to an insult and certainly people are only giving as good as they get.

Firstly, thank you Voltaic for defending me. I think that PD should have not even told us a specific release date to hype us all up and then tell us that that date is not valid anymore. Come on, PD has now been telling us this game is in the process of being made for years now and now that has made us excited. Then they make us more excited by giving a release date. But then, they suddenly stop and say "oh I'm sorry. We're going to delay it and wreck your excitement without any apology." Now famine, wouldn't YOU be ticked off too? Especially when you are the moderator which I assume makes you a huge GT fan. (I now have a feeling that you are going to make a "smart-alec" comment on the word assume).

The point is that they haven't given a specific release date. Save for a handful of members who are actually in Japan, the release date is the same today as it was 4 years ago. TBA. Are you in Japan? Your location suggests not. The release date for you is the same now after the announcement yesterday as it was in 2006. Where's the delay?

Famine, I think that as a mod you ought to stand back a little. It's obviously OK making your case, but to threaten to ban someone in the middle of a discussion is bad. I don't see anything that amounts to an insult and certainly people are only giving as good as they get.

"Fanboy" is an insult. It is intended only as an insult. The AUP forbids this behaviour most specifically. If a member cannot abide by the AUP in a discussion about a game's release date, their membership can and will be withdrawn by any moderator. I have given all the warning required.

The point is that they haven't given a specific release date. Save for a handful of members who are actually in Japan, the release date is the same today as it was 4 years ago. TBA.

"Fanboy" is an insult. It is intended only as an insult. The AUP forbids this behaviour most specifically. If a member cannot abide by the AUP in a discussion about a game's release date, their membership can and will be withdrawn by any moderator.

Come on. It's handbags at dawn. If you think it's appropriate to ban someone for calling you a fanboy, well............

Come on. It's handbags at dawn.

I agree.

If you think it's appropriate to ban someone for calling you a fanboy, well............

It's appropriate to ban anyone for any insult levelled at any member, moderator or no. As I say, I have given all the warning I need - if the AUP cannot be followed in a thread about a release date, members should question whether it's appropriate for themselves to post at all on the site, with or without moderator-assistance.

I note, you failed to answer the question once again, instead preferring to attempt some kind of character assassination through fantasy roleplay. Is it really that tough to admit?

I don't need to repeat everything that was said these past few years by both Sony and PD. It is well know by you and everyone else who cares about GT5.

Now that is an insult. Repeat it to anyone and you're gone.

Furthermore, I'm not justifying anyone. I'm pointing out how they are not to blame for the expectation people heap upon them when they don't deliver something they've not promised. Like you have done repeatedly in this thread on the basis of no evidence for no reason.

I merely used you own words and logic. If you didn't see an insult in your words towards me, well I fail to see how I could have insulted you. Yes you are justifying Sony and PD...lavishly so and at every turn.

I don't have a release date from Sony yet... so... no.

I didn't say "more eager than anyone else". Just "one of the more eager". I've spent enough on various copies of GT games alone to buy two PS3s, without mention of the cost of the consoles. Or the LANs :D

Indeed. I too have my own speculation about the release of the game - but it's my own speculation and if I'm wrong it'll be my fault because Sony and PD have not yet said when they intend to release it.

Cheers mate, I really am happy for you.

But then, they suddenly stop and say "oh I'm sorry. We're going to delay it and wreck your excitement without any apology."

"We wait for their release to everyone in this film that we apologize apologize for any inconvenience."

Come again?

GT
I feel as if some are defending PD and Sony, but lets face it; they kinda dropped the ball on this one.

Sure, there was no set release date, agreed, but when KY says the game could be released at any time you'd -- perhaps stupidly -- think it wouldn't be half a year or more towards release, right?

The fact that a lot of fans are disappointed is because it's been almost 6 years since the latest full game and three years into the life-cycle of the ps3. Don't you think it is logical for some fans to feel kinda disappointed?

And Famine, I can see your point entirely, but you also have to acknowledge that waiting for GT5 is becoming slightly absurd to say the least.

I have no rush concerning GT5 and I'll wait, but I can definitely see why some are reacting the way they are, and most of their sentiments are justified.

Alot of people seem to forget the second half of his quote.

"“I want to release it as fast as I can, but GT5 for us, when you talk about its status, it’s at a point we can release it any time we want, but we can always keep working on it. It’s very important for us to make sure everything is done perfectly and everything is done in detail.”

That last part is very important and always seems to get forgotten.

I agree.

It's appropriate to ban anyone for any insult levelled at any member, moderator or no. As I say, I have given all the warning I need - if the AUP cannot be followed in a thread about a release date, members should question whether it's appropriate for themselves to post at all on the site, with or without moderator-assistance.

I thought Yorkshire Folk had thicker skin than that.

What are you doing about it? Enlighten me please.

Answer me this: am I posting comments about how PD and KY are evil?

And just to answer your question: I'm doing nothing, because I don't care about PD and KY "delaying" GT5. Complaining in a forum is equal to nothing, by the way. If you want to be heard, do something more important.

sure, I can see that, but any artist will say that, that doesn't mean that they will actually work on it for ever does it ;) They will surely not always keep working on it right :)

What, because you have stupidly unrealistic expectations that they have never fuelled? Sounds like your problem to me.[/QUOTE]

Hu? I insulted you by calling you a fanboy? You have to be kidding me right?

I don't need to repeat everything that was said these past few years by both Sony and PD. It is well know by you and everyone else who cares about GT5.

If you wish to substantiate your argument that you have been lied to and misled by Sony, you need to provide evidence of their concrete announcement of a release date for GT5.

I've never seen this happen. Your call.

I merely used you own words and logic. If you didn't see an insult in your words towards me, well I fail to see how I could have insulted you. Yes you are justifying Sony and PD...lavishly so and at every turn.

No, I'm not. I'm pointing out the ludicrousness of trying to blame somebody else for expectations you have of them without any basis to expect them. You are refusing to answer the simple question posed to you because you know the answer will incriminate you.

You directly levelled to accusation of "fanboy" at me. That is an insult. Your lack of contrition is noted.

Hu? I insulted you by calling you a fanboy?

Yes you did.

You have to be kidding me right?

No, I'm not.

I thought Yorkshire Folk had thicker skin than that.

Thick skin is irrelevant. My personal preferences are irrelevant. The AUP forbids insulting other members. This is relevant.

Edit: To save Voltaic from his likely fate, and in the light that, in over 500 posts no new information has arisen (as pointed out eloquently by Captain Roh below), padlock it is.

GT5 in Japan no longer has a release date of 31st March 2010. It is now, like everywhere else, "TBA". You heard it here first, folks.

YAWN!

Could someone tell me the last page that a post was made of any relevance, I can't be bothered to look through anymore.

Voltaic, take it easy man, I can see why you're defensive right now and you have a point, but let's try not to make this worse, there is no need for you to get banned or anything like that.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back