Marry_Me_GT

(Banned)
United Kingdom
United Kingdom
GT5 SOUND THREAD

10rk3dh.jpg
Use this thread to discuss the sound of the vehicles in Gran Turismo 5.​

Last edited:
You have nice Nickname! Oh no Gt5p has better sound effects than GT4..Especially amuse 2000 and mitsu evo x tuned..Gt5 will be better in every aspect.. Thanks to Bluray and Cell processor.

They need to make the LMP and Group B cars sound like huge almost quadruple digit power, gas guzzling V a million engines, backfiring and popping like there's no tomorrow.

I don't know about the R8 in prologue, It just seems that the supercharger whind (or is it the gearbox?) is too loud, and the exaust sound is too low.
I think that PD should make exaust sounds more louder and the engine more silent.

Yeowzers... this interests me. Still, I can't help but imagine that Gran Turismo has such a negative stigma from so many people, often unfairly, that I have a feeling people will complain no matter what they get in GT5.

Sound in GT5 will be upgraded. I'm expecting the FGT's to share the F2007 from GT5:P's engine sound though, and the cars from GT5:P will probably have identical notes to their GT5 counterparts.

While that level of care may have been taken for that specific car, it's clear that's more of an exception than a rule. Unfortunately.

I don't pretend that I know anything about making realistic sounding cars in a videogame, but it's clear GT has plenty of room for improvement in this area.

My real life's diesel 1.9 sound gets me more excited than the ferraris in GT5P. User made pc mods sound better, PD really needs to upgrade the sounds.

You have nice Nickname! Oh no Gt5p has better sound effects than GT4..Especially amuse 2000 and mitsu evo x tuned..Gt5 will be better in every aspect.. Thanks to Bluray and Cell processor.

Also the tuned Elise. Sometimes I just sit there with the clutch in and rev it like crazy! :sly:👍

The sounds have IMHO improved drastically from GT4.
Now the V8 in the Corvette doesn't sound like my vacuum cleaner anymore. Ford GT has a nice sound, too. It's just missing the supercharger whine

But there is still room for improvement (427 Corvette C3 from GT Legends anyone ?)
That game had gread car sound !

The only thing I see missing in the "race cars" in Prologue is the transmission sounds, rip out all the sound proofing in a car and you'll hear everthing the gearbox/driveshafts/diff's are doing.

The only thing I see missing in the "race cars" in Prologue is the transmission sounds, rip out all the sound proofing in a car and you'll hear everthing the gearbox/driveshafts/diff's are doing.

Agreed. You put a full blown racing transmission with straight cut gears in a car, you should be able to hear a lot more gear whine than a stock or sport transmission. Same goes with the N/A Engine Mods. A bigger cam should give a car a more aggressive idle. I wish they would give you the option to run without a muffler/silencer to.

Okey Dokey, just noticed something when I was doing the R8 time trial at Suzuka.

I always thought the in-car sounds were a little, lets say, weak? , I have a LFE shaker under my seat which rumbles when I go over the, er, rumble strips.

Anyway, I usually race in cockpit view but I decided to give the other views a go, what a difference ! Th one which shows the front of the bonnet was by far the best, I could feel the vibrations of the engine at low revs on throttle, off throttle the vibration was alot less, so I guess PD did put this car on a Dyno.

My only gripe is the fact that you need a pretty decent sound system go get the most out of GT5P, that shouldn't be the case, especially in-car with the race cars, they should be brutal.

I think i will wait to complain or praise, PD on the exhaust sound after i play the game! I also agree for sound you shouldn't, need a 5.1 system for GT5 to sound good!

To my ears, the engine sounds are mostly great, pat on the back guys 👍 But, is it just me, or is the clear-throated sound that an exhaust should spit out completely missing? The best way I can think to describe it is like the cars are humming as opposed to singing with open airways.

Having said that, I am really happy with improvements made so far. On the whole, the cars are much nicer to listen to than GT4, and it's a big step in the right direction.

I have a surround sound system and I can't believe I missed this in GT5 Prologue (probably because it came out while I was relocating from NM to AZ). The other day I changed the sound options to "large surround sound" or something like that and now when I get the car airborne, I can hear and feel a loud thud from my powered subwoofer. Also, I noticed the sound is much more dynamic on my center, front and rear speakers.

I think one of the reasons the sound isn't great is because consoles as far as i know don't have a dedicated soundcard, it's more akin to you onboard motherboard sound on a cheap PC. Unlike playing back recorded sound, in games the sound has to be processed just like graphics, not just streamed, this will take quite a lot of processing power, hence why on pc games you have a choice to set the quality of audio, and even the number of effects sometimes.

I think GT5P has better sounds than GT4. But I think we have to wait for the Mazda 787B ngine sound to see if is better. Is allready very good in the game but it can ve improved.
Why did I said 787b? Because I think its the best in GT4.

The F2007 has a good engine sound too, I make a video of that car you can listen how good it is. Not very good but better than any other F1 FIA games.

[YOUTUBEhd]ue6zwcFs8zw[/YOUTUBEhd]

Last edited:
This is what I'm talking about, ok maybe we would all go deaf driving this particular car, but you get the idea............

As for the F1 car I agree it's not bad, anyone remember the F1CE game? Had the most annoying downshifts ever, and Ferrari challenge and Supercar Challenge have the most annoying upshifts in a game ever, sounds like the clutch cable is make of old nicker elastic and the clutch is made of jelly.......

This is what I'm talking about, ok maybe we would all go deaf driving this particular car, but you get the idea............

As for the F1 car I agree it's not bad, anyone remember the F1CE game? Had the most annoying downshifts ever, and Ferrari challenge and Supercar Challenge have the most annoying upshifts in a game ever, sounds like the clutch cable is make of old nicker elastic and the clutch is made of jelly.......

I absolutely agree with that, in fact, I can't play for along time that game because of the engine sound. Its very important for me to listen a good engine sound, on Trofeo Pirelli its not really bad, but the sound of the gearbox its so unrealistic. When I sawfor the firt time a video of Supercar Challenge i knew that was a game from System3 listening to the upshifts.

I think GT5P has better sounds than GT4. But I think we have to wait for the Mazda 787B ngine sound to see if is better. Is allready very good in the game but it can ve improved.
Why did I said 787b? Because I think its the best in GT4.

The F2007 has a good engine sound too, I make a video of that car you can listen how good it is. Not very good but better than any other F1 FIA games.

[YOUTUBEhd]ue6zwcFs8zw[/YOUTUBEhd]
music synphony

Fact: take off the gt5p sign, And every body and i mean every body would think that is real life.

And as for sounds, i love the sounds in GT5p it's a night and day thing from gt4. Shifting sound animation is much quick and stays in the high RPM unlike gt4 where the ford gt went 7000rpm to 4000rpm in 4th 3 gear... in GT5p it stays higher. Also i think GT5p was the first game to have the tone deaf Stupid Flappy paddle gear box. (GTR etc)...That said,I'm just glad 4 bangers sound like 4 bangers, v6 sound like V6, and V8s sound like V8s... except the tuned V8s and the Jaguar XK in high rpms... And that finally V12 sound like Symphony/violence But also, theres so much little detail you hear in the cockpits while stopped or at low RPMS Especialy with a 7.1 setup, it will blow you away...literally and metaphorically

Also...they got the 599 so right, But got the F430 so wrong? how? does that car have a racing stage 3 exhaust/intake on it or something?

i mean, Not that i would not love for a real F430 to sound like that, Since it actually does sound more like a ferrari, where as the real f430 sounds like a high pitched stroked honda s2000 with an Tanabe muffler, hks air intake. and a F1 style gear box.

almost the same.

Last edited:
Back