GT5P Drift Videos (For those who make one-off videos)

Good vids guys. I been a bit absent myself lately so i decided to make a lil freestyle fun for the gang 👍 Enjoy!

BUMP

Here's a video that Hardparked made with me in it. I'm bmxguy14 in the blue F430, Hardparked is recording in a M3/NSX, jacobest6 is in the blue 350Z, and LR-L2L-iSlide is in the brown viper. I think it came out pretty good. :D

Hi guys. Some really great videos in here. Lots of skill on show I like it. Was disappointed to see the lack of activity in the section in general though. Hopefully there'll be more action come GT5.

I say hopefully because I'm a total drift noob! I just recently discovered a passion for going sideways when I came across a nice combo in the WRS. It had me hooked! Have a look and read on:

I'm not even sure thats drifting to be honest. Maybe just skidding, with style :lol: I really got into it though, until I could do lap after lap sideways and clean. And it took me so many attempts to master the Ken Block style trick at the end! Happy with it though :D

I have to admit to trying the 350z around the track while i was on form too. It didnt go well! :ouch: It was like trying to learn all over again! I'm no expert but it seems like throttle control is the biggest difference. You can be a bit more brutal with the AWD. I'm definately going to stick with it. The WRX laps were really satisfying and i've always admired drifting.

I just wondered if you guys had any tips for transitioning from AWD to RWD. I guess I could pick a car where I can change the torque distribution and slowly take power from the front wheels. I wonder if there's anything else to take into consideration though. Oh yeah by the way, the subaru in the video was totally stock, with N3/N1. Might give you a bit more insight.

Also, any critique you can give me on the video would be cool too. Its my very first attempt coupled with my very first drift combo. I'm quite proud of it :) But welcome advice to improve 👍

Well Captain Roh, let me see if I can help.

First of all, ditch the 4WD and never go back. Once you get good at FR drifting, you will never want to drift a 4WD car again. Stay in the 350z, and put it on N3s. You should be able to keep the suspension stock for a track like London. Go at the corner a little slower than you would usually, and quickly flick the car in the opposite direction of the corner to get it drifting. This maneuver is called a "feint." Give it a little gas, and just try to hold on at that point. :lol: Try to be smooth with the gas and steering, and eventually you will start to be able to hold a drift. It's gonna be frustrating and seem impossible at first, but it feels great once you get it right.

Your video looks good, were you using a wheel?

Oh, and for the 350z, set the turning angle to 50. You're gonna want to do this for every car, because it helps you counter steer faster and lets you have more angle.

good job with the suby

Your video looks good, were you using a wheel?

Thank you guys :) And yes, I use a driving force GT.

Well Captain Roh, let me see if I can help.

First of all, ditch the 4WD and never go back. Once you get good at FR drifting, you will never want to drift a 4WD car again. Stay in the 350z, and put it on N3s. You should be able to keep the suspension stock for a track like London. Go at the corner a little slower than you would usually, and quickly flick the car in the opposite direction of the corner to get it drifting. This maneuver is called a "feint." Give it a little gas, and just try to hold on at that point. :lol: Try to be smooth with the gas and steering, and eventually you will start to be able to hold a drift. It's gonna be frustrating and seem impossible at first, but it feels great once you get it right.

Oh, and for the 350z, set the turning angle to 50. You're gonna want to do this for every car, because it helps you counter steer faster and lets you have more angle.

I actually took a 350z out again. I decided it was too difficult to try and learn at london though, so I took it to the fuji drift trial. I figured with all the run off areas and long curves it would be easier to start getting a feel for it. Started very badly though, just couldnt do it! :lol: I ended up looking at my car setup and slowly tuned it to my liking. Basically, I put it on N1s, dropped the suspension as low is it would go, and put my turning angle to 50. Thats it. I have made some progress, however I find it really hard to keep up my speed. I guess if I had slightly grippier tyres, N3s like you suggested, i would get more traction in the drift and thus more speed. Turn one is going fine, i like that turn and I'm getting alright at it. The second turn is slightly more difficult, having to take as much speed from turn one as possible. The long right hander after that is so difficult though! If i take too much speed, i fly off onto the run off, and if i slow down, i cant make it all the way round the turn. Frustrating! :irked:

I think i'll take the Z back to london soon. I have a better understanding of how to drift a FR now, and all the corners in london would probably make for good practice.

Thanks for the help Talon. If i improve enough I'll post another video and show you my progress ;)

No problem. Another thing you might try is going to Eiger. It is almost all low speed corners, and there are walls to keep you on the track.

Just so you know, Fuji took me FOREVER to get good at, so don't feel discouraged as that probably isn't the best track to start at. You'll just keep getting better with practice. 👍

If you want, we can have a drift session online and maybe I can help you more that way. What do you think?

Looks good Franky. What did you use to take the video? The quality is awesome.

Here's one of me and my friend slideSQUAD-supra (in the video he is MORAN-AUTO-supra). I know the quality is terrible, but the drifting is good. :D I'm driving as bmxguy14.

IDK what capture card he used. He asked me if I could do some replays of me drifting, then I sent around 10 or so files to him over MSN and he did the editing and such. The video he made shows only a small part of the actually replays I sent. Like for instance the white Viper at the end he didnt show it, but I followed the AI car all the way up the D1 section. Then the BMW you see for a second was actually a whole replay of me drifting it. I wish I had a capture card so I could show the other replays I did.:grumpy:

Back