GT5P Online Update *UP*

• Thread starter alba
  • 477 comments
I'm racing online as cleanly and as fairly as possible.If someone intentionally takes me out I just put it down to bad luck getting in a race with clowns.

The sooner PD includes private lobbys the better.

I'm racing online as cleanly and as fairly as possible.If someone intentionally takes me out I just put it down to bad luck getting in a race with clowns.

The sooner PD includes private lobbys the better.

yeh then all of us can race on few servers without ramming each other off

That's what I'm waiting for, the sooner the better. please please please!

January 11 is pretty far away ;(

:P

Well I can tell you, my evasive driving skills are getting alot better lol.
I agree with RC45s comments.
Most times I have been taken out cannot be put down to lag, nobody has that amount of lag, it also doesnt explain how if im racing at Daytona when overtaking down the straights people swerve into you so you dont take there precious place.
I actually find the most annoying thing when i have a good clean race only to get right to the before the finish for the 'clean' driver to realise that ive drafted behind him right till the end, and then he takes me out in sight of the finish!!! I mean come on we raced good right uptil the end, and you just simply lost mate.

Anyway guys hope to see you online, I havent come across any GTPlanet members I recognise yet :(

Downloading that update took me about 15 times so if people are still having trouble , hang in there , it's worth it.

Although of course I am having the same problem all of you are. The other people were crashing into me like there's no tomorrow. Although it is fun to make the person trying to run into you look like a fool 👍.

I always try to have clean races , although I can't wait for PD to make an update where we can choose friends to race with (add me by the way jcart15)

And I do notice it's mostly the people with the Japanese names crashing more , I was in a race where all of the people had Japanese names , I was first and they were 10+ seconds behind me , thank goodness I started 1st ! Although I have had many others bump into me with english names.

There was this one race , where it was pretty much between me and some guy named www___maki____com (something like that). It was intense :sly: The first time he beat me by less than half a second. I won the next race against him but only because I accidentally bumped into him after he made an unexpected move :indiff: I hate when that happens

There was this one race , where it was pretty much between me and some guy named www___maki____com (something like that). It was intense :sly: The first time he beat me by less than half a second. I won the next race against him but only because I accidentally bumped into him after he made an unexpected move :indiff: I hate when that happens

i noticed that too. racing 2, 3 or even 4times in a row with the same people, if you keep going to the lobby after the finished race. i've said it before. if we (GTP mambers that want good races) try to go online at basically the same time, we might end up in the same race. i think it's worth it. we can create a thread, set up a time and see what happens. i raced 4 consecutive times with a guy named sharpaquos, just because we were entering the lobby at the same time:tup:

oh, and by the way, commenting on the last part. i hate when i look bad for taking out players. you know, in a real race, when you trail a car, you expect the driver to follow a line and drive properly. then in the game sometimes people brake too often or start going sideways for no reason. then you end up bumping them without even having time to think about it.

just found the first GTP member in a race. KSayou in a 16 player lotus elise race. i started last (14th) and he started in 12th. then i remember seeing him getting hit in the chicane and later on retiring. damn cheaters... they ruin a lot of races. next lap one idiot put me in the sand trap, which is very hard to get out with the elise...

Is anyone have a problem finding the patch this morning? it's looks like servers are down.

Guide of GT5 prologue ' update (2)

2007 December 27th

December 27th (the wood) ' the グランツーリスモ 5 prologue ' 2nd update was executed.

The modification with the latest update is as follows.

- Online (online)
You improved the communication processing in the time of matching.

< Notice >
When it does not update, it becomes impossible to utilize online service. Concerning the contents of online service, please refer to "the guide insideperiodic maintenance " these news.

In addition, please pay attention to the point below according to the state of the customer when starting the update.

When (1) it is not yet sign in, or this software not yet starting in PLAYSTATION &#65390; Network,

* Sign in doing in PLAYSTATION &#65390;, Network ' the &#12464;&#12521;&#12531;&#12484;&#12540;&#12522;&#12473;&#12514; 5 prologue ' starting, when it receives, or it does sign in according to need for in the game, the message which urges update is indicated. Following to the indication of the picture, please do update.

* Even with when past update is not applied, doing one time update, it just receives it becomes up-to-date state.

When (2) in PLAYSTATION &#65390; Network this software it is in the midst of playing with the sign in being completed,

* From before the starting the update betting on after the starting, when Online (the online) or Ranking (ranking) it has utilized continuously, communication error occurs, My Page (the my page) returns when sign out it is done. For the second time when Online (the online) or Ranking (ranking) it tries probably to enter, because the message which urges update after the sign in is indicated, following to the indication of the picture, please do update.

* Because Online (the online) or Ranking (ranking) other than when it is in the midst of playing, when for the first time Online (the online) or Ranking (ranking) it tries probably to enter after the starting the update the message which urges update is indicated in when starting the update, following to the indication of the picture, please do update.

http://www.gran-turismo.com/jp/gt5p/news/d1655.html

It seems to me catchup has been increased since the new update, sadly.

It seems to me catchup has been increased since the new update, sadly.

The modification with the latest update is as follows.

- Online (online)
You improved the communication processing in the time of matching.

The end :) I don't think there's more to it

I have seen some weird catching today unlike the last few days, I bet they done more than just that. Not saying they did, just seems that way from my online racing today.

it wouldnt suprise me if theres more in this update than we think. sony does it in firmware updates all the time and we've already seen updates in graphics without there even being n "update" downloaded

Just taken part in a race that had zero lag and bumping. :) It was however a small grid of 5 drivers and I took 1st place. 👍

It's just a shame the other 4 drivers decided to quit the race before we left the starting grid. :sly:

Ive finally got the first update but cant play online because I don't have a higher class of car than like swift level! arg!! Ive only been playing it abit! You can't even win races with that car...going to keep getting 4th then sell it and buy something better!

Robin

I just got the 2nd update and yes it is a definite improvement for online, all my races have been smooth sailing connection wise, and i have joined every race i attempted.
What i mean by that is that when entering a race when it connects i have had no 'dropouts' (sofar fingers crossed).
Still getting lots of wankers though!

Offtopic: whats the go with naming people on here that are reckless drivers, can we do that on this forum, or is it not allowed? Im starting to keep a list thats all.

Yeah go the integra! I started with the Alfa 147, but you need the Integra to do C8 so you have to buy it anyway.

I just got the 2nd update and yes it is a definite improvement for online, all my races have been smooth sailing connection wise, and i have joined every race i attempted.
What i mean by that is that when entering a race when it connects i have had no 'dropouts' (sofar fingers crossed).
Still getting lots of wankers though!

Offtopic: whats the go with naming people on here that are reckless drivers, can we do that on this forum, or is it not allowed? Im starting to keep a list thats all.

Really? All right, I'm going to turn it on right now.

Got a quick question,

I deleted my GT5P gamesave (not the game data) to start again and I could have sworn that all the GT-TV stuff included on the disc has vanished! Before I had like 5 things that were there (green light) and now there is only the intro vid and the GT documentary

I am imagining this? What GT-TV stuff comes with the game (disc version)?

Robin

lol wut? second patch?
I'm on it! :D

That means they could add private lobbies before the 11th, good!

Back