GT5P Online Update *UP*

• Thread starter alba
  • 477 comments
1 major flaw in the game. drivers are already ramming into you and throwing you off the track.

both races now and both laps ive gone from last to first to be rammed by another driver and end up back at last again. they need to do something about reducing the impact on the driver whos hit

well you dont need any penalties.. i think it be just great to race against friends.. and try not to hit each other :) or play in professionals leagues :) someone that you can trust :)

i remember when me and my buddy played over his house GT4 and we did that, it was way more challenging then racing against AI and not bumping into each other, adds another level of racing

anyone know what the word is there? i'm guessing joining

the blue bar is what i meant as it goes to 95% then stops

well you dont need any penalties.. i think it be just great to race against friends.. and try not to hit each other :) or play in professionals leagues :) someone that you can trust :)

i remember when me and my buddy played over his house GT4 and we did that, it was way more challenging then racing against AI and not bumping into each other, adds another level of racing

i don't see anywhere to have races with friends though. it seems like it just searches for available races and auto joins the one with the least ping.

1 major flaw in the game. drivers are already ramming into you and throwing you off the track.

both races now and both laps ive gone from last to first to be rammed by another driver and end up back at last again. they need to do something about reducing the impact on the driver whos hit

I'm already fed up too. I was third and some idiot rams me and he ended up 2nd and I ended up 5th

Four times now I've gotten about 40% downloaded when I get an error and have to start over....it's torture. I've rebooted the PS3 the router and modem 4 times now, I don't know what else I can do.....

hey drew try downloading the update from inside the game. after the first failure, go to the news section and wait for the prompt to update again. that's the only way so far i got a stable attempt. 55% now, first time i ever got past 1%. maybe that works.

this just in from GAF:

looks like you can sort physics, tires and other stuff in the online rankings... that's awesome. that means you won't have to resort to amateur mode to be fast:)

OMG..im in love...works perfectly for me no lag at all and I'm in Canada.
I started last (7th), had one of the worst cars in the server and finished 2nd even tho I got rammed into by this skyline driver. I was the one getting the fastest lap times by far, wich was a big surprise for me. The trick is to race clean, watch your mirror for incomming idiots and avoid other cars.

I'm already fed up too. I was third and some idiot rams me and he ended up 2nd and I ended up 5th

Same here, I am disappointed at the amount of pitting and ramming I have experienced in every race I was in. I sat back and watched as 3 racers rammed one another half way around the track :grumpy:

This is really a huge problem. This time I was rammed on the side, and I got the penalty, while the dumbass raced on. At least I got to take him out big time later on. Was soooooooooo satisfying!!!

When people ram me, I just avoid them and that seems satisfying enough for me. Just the fact of getting a better place than him makes my day.

wohoo won a race. found some clean racers somehow.

yeah trick seems to be try and stay inside entering corners. you always get others who underbrake and go flying around the outside. funny to see some people's turning aswell. very much all over the place.

some dirty blocking too.

never knew this game would be so much more fun racing others. now we need invite only races to invite our friends.

i've noticed aswell i seem to race a lot better than these other drivers.

Hey so when you join a race, do you have any idea who you are racing against? Can you see the screen names of the other racers?
Thanks for the updates, bummed I am out of town and can't join in the fun...

GOOD RACE J-PAP......I was right behind you but then the guy behind me rammed into me and i lost it!!!!
Still managed to get 3rd...gratz on 1st place, I see you struggled alot at that first turn to get 1st place quick.......a race is not won on the first corner there.

yep they show a list of all the racers and what car they are driving.

it appears races have some form of catch up mode as i just did a race where i was first the whole drive through and was 1 second slower race time than the one before where i was knocked off turn 3, spun out and lost a good 5-10 seconds in the first lap and caught up to first by the end of the race.

GOOD RACE J-PAP......I was right behind you but then the guy behind me rammed into me and i lost it!!!!
Still managed to get 3rd...gratz on 1st place, I see you struggled alot at that first turn to get 1st place quick.......a race is not won on the first corner there.

yeah i took a different approach this time around where i was rougher than normal at the start just trying to open up a lead. sorry if i bumped you i wasn't looking who was there. just because i knew if i get stuck amongst the cars around where the hairpin is someone always ends up ramming me.

Lol, right now I'm on the loading screen, I'm the only one in the server, and I can't quit without restarting :P and nothing happens.

yep they show a list of all the racers and what car they are driving.

it appears races have some form of catch up mode as i just did a race where i was first the whole drive through and was 1 second slower race time than the one before where i was knocked off turn 3, spun out and lost a good 5-10 seconds in the first lap and caught up to first by the end of the race.

yeah i took a different approach this time around where i was rougher than normal at the start just trying to open up a lead. sorry if i bumped you i wasn't looking who was there. just because i knew if i get stuck amongst the cars around where the hairpin is someone always ends up ramming me.

I could've rammed you so many times tho lol, most of the race i was right on your tail. I'm actually surprised my 350z could keep up with your skyline.

I could've rammed you so many times tho lol, most of the race i was right on your tail. I'm actually surprised my 350z could keep up with your skyline.

yeah was suprised myself how fast you were catching up. one of the timesplits you shaved 2 seconds. i think there is a catchup mode in the online game from what i'm seing.

i was racing the bmw 135i before in this same class and was catching evo 10's

ok....... i have played about 4 online races now...... my impressions

forget the ai: these bloody online drivers are much much worse :) hahahaha
they just bloody try to take you out when u try to overtake them....

no manners what so ever.... if they ram you, then u end up penalised... into the grass.. and in trouble....

but if yr able to get away from them and drive well those twits wont catch you!! haha

i started one race in 8th and finished 4th.... another about 7th and every time i tried to overtake this goose he would take me out.....

hmmmm..... my last race was a cliche..... cars everwhere..... then it gave an error....

this is my first intro to online racing so i don't know if this is normal or not!

I just don't get why so many people are not clean racers...I don't see the point of actually trying to get the patch first and pay 60$ for a car sim prologue and actually not even trying to be clean!!

GAAAAAAAAAAAAAAH

This reminds me of rFactor

Never play rFactor online unless your playing with friends.

Back