GT5P Online Update *UP*

• Thread starter alba
  • 477 comments
I really hope they don't restrict the updates to japanese IPs or something like that, if so we're ****ing screwed :|

is anybody here using their japanese account to download the update? it seems to be fine just using my AU one for me. apart from the dropouts

I really hope they don't restrict the updates to japanese IPs or something like that, if so we're ****ing screwed :|

thats impossible, the update wouldnt be available for us if that was the case.

Update Notes:

PLAYSTATION Network To receive the update, open up GT5 and follow the instructions to update.

The following features have been added:

● Online (online)
You can now race online.

● Ranking (ranking)
Online rankings are now available

● You can now save best times

● You can now download best ghost times

● Museum (Museum)
My page has added Museum Link

● Option (optional)
Steering Wheels can now be adjusted to 10 levels of strength

Screen resolution can be changed through the options screen

Network updates to UPnP fixes. (SHould be quicker?)

● Manual (Manual)
Manual is updated to include online.

on my third try now to get it, it better not gimme that damn yellow thing.

I hope so J-PaP :$

When you get the error message and just push the button it goes back to the downloading screen, it doesn't seem to pick up the download again, do we have to just restart it everytime or? :(

I guess i'll have to download it tomorrow, way too much people trying to get it i guess

one dude on GAF got the update already he's doing a video, will post a link here whenever he got that up :P

Seems mine is steady for now i'm almost at 1/4 and no error so far *knock wood* :)

Well it looks like I'll be going home in the morning after work to start the download, hopefully it'll be done when I get back from my parents house.
There should be translations by then too.

maybe this will help me. after the failure, i pressed ok, got into the game and proceded to the news section. then it prompted me for the download again. at least you can hear music and keep trying without rebooting the game.

i've tried with my japanese account, same error.

now i don't know if the game sharing was such a good idea...

did the same here, go into the game and then click on news and it will ask you to update the game and so far i had NO errors (ingame) and it's slow but steady :)

EDIT: ok ingame no errors so far, it's just progressing slow so i'll go to bed and hopefully by the time i wake up it will be all done :)
seeya people, have fun if you can race online soon! :D

did the same here, go into the game and then click on news and it will ask you to update the game and so far i had NO errors (ingame) and it's slow but steady :)

EDIT: ok ingame no errors so far, it's just progressing slow so i'll go to bed and hopefully by the time i wake up it will be all done :)
seeya people, have fun if you can race online soon! :D

I've done the same expect I selected GT-TV and it prompted me to download.

I guess I'm one of the lucky ones. Ten minutes in, 1/3 done, and no drop outs yet. Although my connection to Japan seems reasonable. *crosses fingers* :P

I plugged in a lan cable and got 20 times longer than ever before, but still that was only like 1/10 - great!

Yes PD. Resume function and queue funcionality.

I freed up some hard drive space, now it is going faster. Make sense?
got 50% now!
80%!
100%!!!!!

More info from GAF:

There are only 4 real race events;

Daytona 16 players
Suzuka 8 players
Fuji Speedway 8 players
Fuji Speedway 16 players

And 4 time trials;

Daytona
Ziger
Daytona
London

Aww! I was looking forward to the Daytona Road Course. I'm really digging that one. But, Kazunori-dono did say they were going to move in steps. So I'm assuming more content, such as the rest of the tracks and additional cars will be coming eventually.

Edit: 80% and counting...

daytona road would have been interesting to say the least. can see heaps of players flying off that first corner. its a good start none the less. im at around 95% completed now. g25 is moved infront of the tv and cannot wait.

I have had to restart the damn download 5 times so far, first time it got through about 1/3.... hope this time it makes it.

DONE! *high fives*

Whew... scared me for a moment. There's an agreement screen, and I wasn't sure if you agreed with the right or left button. Right as usual, and then it fired up GT5. I LOVE that Daiki Kasho song.

umm i have a plain black screen with some text on it and the ps3 seems to be doing nothing. ?

edit: i think i chose the left option in the user agreement. restarted and its fine now

that was weird. i went to start the dl again and it updated in less than 30 seconds.

Maybe it had downloaded, and what you saw was installation of the update?

I'm at 75%... Wish me luck! lol.
Edit:
Failed.

Second edit: at 50% suddenly the game restarted, and the update was done :P

Latest Posts

Back