GT5P update coming August 1st!!

• Thread starter TheMoose
  • 459 comments
Mines going in fine.....put the daggers away boys, 1/3 of the way through in about 5 mins and still going if a little slower than at first. Thats with a 10meg conection in the UK....Has ANYONE downloaded this yet?....nope hang on it's slowing to a crawl just shy of the e in access, maybe the e is demanding a toll?
By the look of the HHD light theres nothing or very little coming in Nooooooooo

Last edited:
143 members viewing so is anyone any closer to the finish, ive been under the letter E in the word access for the past 10 minutes

i wish i was that far along.......... i'll still be going on tuesday at this rate....

I have tried three times to update, but it fails at about two percent...
Any ideas why this is happening?

, hows about us in nz????:) slackest b/band in the world. :grumpy:Just got to the first 'c' in 'access':):)

compare that with me just getting to the H in HDD......... quit your whining Forrest!!!

I have tried three times to update, but it fails at about two percent...
Any ideas why this is happening?

it's called major major server load......

Changes to a portion of the updateAug 01, 2008

This is to notify that there has been a change to the contents of the "Gran Turismo 5 Prologue" update planned for Friday, August 1st.

The "Advanced Download Option" service added to [Network] under the Option menu will become available in line with a future "Playstation 3" System Software update

Until the relevant update comes into effect, the setting is disabled, and will be OFF even if it is set to ON or OFF in this menu. Because of this, please note that there will be a discrepancy with the related entry in the Manual.

We will make another announcement once the service start date has been determined. Thank you for your understanding.

* All information listed in this website is for Japan. For information outside Japan, please refer to the website of your region.

It is going really really slow. Anyone know how big this update is? I have a 20Mbit connection and it is barely moving. But still no errors. I have around 35% done

Anyone know how big this update is? I have a 20Mbit connection and it is barely moving.
If you have all the previous updates installed, I think it's about 250 MB. Your line speed is not the problem anyway, it's their servers. Taking into account that a gazillion people are trying to download the update right now, it was obvious that it wouldn't work seamlessly.

Last edited:
Man, the update was @ 40 % and error appeared on my screen :ouch:, took me 25 minutes. I think I'm going to wait till later today. Hopefully it will be better then.

Back