GT6 Drift scene, what do you expect?

• Thread starter SmokedBump
  • 147 comments
I wish you can set the smoke to like low, medium, a lot of smoke. Since tandeming with 4 people is really hard because of the smoke.

lol. I know what you mean. But nothing beats the feeling of coming out a drift perfectly fine when you couldn't see a thing.
Even if you don't, and crash, at least it's just a game and you don't need to pay for repairs :sly:

Even if they introduced the system from GRID I'd be happy, have your points come from how close you get to clipping points (In GRID's case, marked with large red poles)

Simply adding this, with the possibility to hold 'drift trials' in online rooms would already be a marked improvement.

I think calculating points based on tandem drifting would be a bit much, the netcode would need to be rather robust for that to work and.. I honestly don't think PD is quite up to it yet.

Lastly, but most obviously I'd imagine - Ability to swap engines and remove body parts such as wings. :D

Even if they introduced the system from GRID I'd be happy, have your points come from how close you get to clipping points (In GRID's case, marked with large red poles)

Simply adding this, with the possibility to hold 'drift trials' in online rooms would already be a marked improvement.

I think calculating points based on tandem drifting would be a bit much, the netcode would need to be rather robust for that to work and.. I honestly don't think PD is quite up to it yet.

Lastly, but most obviously I'd imagine - Ability to swap engines and remove body parts such as wings. :D

Agreed, clipping points would make things more interesting.

Also, the slides at the GT6 presentation showing wheels and wings are pretty damn nice 👍

All I want is Ebisu.

More popular drift cars and popular drift dressup and tuning options would be really awesome as well, but if they just throw Ebisu in there I will be 100% satisfied. Even if it was just the main layout, though I obviously would love to see the entire complex.

TakeshiSkunk
All I want is Ebisu.

More popular drift cars and popular drift dressup and tuning options would be really awesome as well, but if they just throw Ebisu in there I will be 100% satisfied. Even if it was just the main layout, though I obviously would love to see the entire complex.

Agreed

I see all these topics, but none about the Drifting scene. Where is everyone? :lol: What tracks are we excited to drift? Cars you wanna drift? So on and so forth! :gtpflag:

Well kaz did drive dais s13 so the drifting should be alot netter in gt6
...and for cars immgonma say s14 or s15 around apricott hill

Streets of Willow ( If all WS circuits make it)

Spa & Daytona night locations.

Art MorrisonC60, BMW Z4, Bathurst Mazda RX7.

If the new track maker lives up to its hype, I'll be making recreations of popular Japanese mountain runs that people drift in real life.

My first drift slag will be a 180sx, or something similiar.

The new real world tracks will be interesting to drift too!

GT5 drifting has got to a point where every section on every track has been drifted so much the tarmac is pealing off... which is why I don't get online anymore.

Not long to wait now though!

Well kaz did drive dais s13 so the drifting should be alot netter in gt6
...and for cars immgonma say s14 or s15 around apricott hill
Do you think about what you're going to type or do you just randomly hit keys on the keyboard?

Do you think about what you're going to type or do you just randomly hit keys on the keyboard?

Harsh... you're meant to be a moderator, not a bully who takes the 🤬 out of people for making a couple innocent mistakes.

So is it 4 or 5 mistakes before you can throw unhelpful insults at people?

:)

Back on topic, I'm anxious to find out how the new physics will affect drift tandems, especially with a variety of different cars involved.

So is it 4 or 5 mistakes before you can throw unhelpful insults at people?
If it had been the first time we've had words with him, I wouldn't have been "harsh" and/or "unhelpful." 💡

Not much of a drifter myself, but I think I could get into it if I was able to create some tracks to learn on. The types of tracks I've seen on TV a couple of times, shorter, tighter, with mostly back to back corners and few straights of any length. For a rookie like me I'd also like it a little wider than your average track, pretty flat, no curbs to upset the car...etc. Experienced drifters can drift anything, anywhere, not so easy for a rookie like me:lol:

I expect the drifting will be the same as GT5, I saw the latest GT6 drift video and I was disappointed to see the same problems were still there from GT5 drifting, smoke coming from front tyres and major understeer.

I hope I will be proven wrong, as I have yet to see any evidence of the new tyre model.

I expect to be drifting Volvo 240s, Miatas and LFAs all over the place without Jaggie smoke.

We'll finally be able to see the track in front of us instead of a cloud of smoke.

At least I think so.

A true drift limbo system would be AMAZING!
Maybe a lane-drift challenge for custom tarmac tracks that judge you based on how well you stay in your lane...
An empty track that lets you place cones freely, imagine the possibilities!
Engine swaps

Ebisu Circuit!

I doubt any of this will actually make it in the game, but you can always dream...:grumpy:

This GT Arena looks to be a wonderful drift track:

i1wCEdV2fWpqt.jpg

Back