GT6 Drift scene, what do you expect?

Discussion in 'GT6 Drifting' started by SmokedBump, May 15, 2013.

1. Youngun

Youngun

Kaz acknowledges Drifting is a big sport now but as to bringing it big time to GT, don't see alot happening. Future maybe, with dedicated drift courses (maybe using an app or similar) every gymkhana but thats either a dirt exclusive or to far for GT.

As for GT6, smoke better, few more circuits viable for tandem and comps plus some great new cars. Even the new physics and handling will change everything for the better. I would love tire smoke colours but alas, never happen.

Davoxx likes this.
  2. Crook

Crook

Track editor should help us get Ebisu etc into the game... if it's as thorough as we want it to be.

Davoxx likes this.
  3. wiithepeople

wiithepeople

I know one thing for sure: If the ZZ-S or Garaiya returns to GT6, I'll be back to business. As for tracks that look good for drifting, I'm gonna spend a lot of time on the Matterhorn.

4. SKOT_FREE

SKOT_FREE

I would love a Street intersection to do some Street Drifting. Preferably in an industrial area in Japan.

As for the argument about speed not being important in drifting, I couldn't disagree more. The ability to control your car at high speed while drifting shows mastery of control. In Battle drift, you do have to take into account the the differences in cars such as Weight, Horsepower, top speeds etc. for example: No way should a Skyline not be able to keep up with a Hachi Roku nor should The Same Hachi Roku be able to get up on the door of a Skyline unless A) the 86 driver is a Master, or B) the skyline driver just plain sucks.

5. Kylie Marie

Kylie Marie

Drift Pack which would include stuff like
    Van Gidden Jr. Mustang
    Dai Yoshi Hara S13
    Falken Driftcars
    drift tracks yall know what I mean ?

6. BayouSimDrifter

BayouSimDrifter

Nah i don't know what you mean......

CallmeDan likes this.
  7. LiVeFAST

LiVeFAST

ay be nice

8. BayouSimDrifter

BayouSimDrifter

Lol I am being nice

9. Streeto

Streeto

[​IMG]

Custom878, FRoSTeD, JR86 and 3 others like this.
  10. anthaliscious

anthaliscious

It would be cool if the AI's could drift:lol:

GTGranpa, MadFlavour and LiVeFAST like this.
  11. ShortAznGuy

ShortAznGuy

Horse Thief Mile all day

LiVeFAST and Stavingo like this.
  12. Whitestar

Whitestar Premium

Does anyone know/think that drifting will be a bit easier in GT6 than in GT5? I got the hang of it in the end, but it took a looong time to learn using a 900 degrees wheel. I have a friend who is a competition drifter in real life, and he thought it was hard to drift in GT5. He's hoping it will be easier in GT6. What do I mean by easier? Easier to keep the car sideways and not run out of speed maybe. And easier to handle counter steers I guess. Not sure how realistic the handling in GT5 is when the car is going sideways.

GTGranpa likes this.
  13. Stavingo

Stavingo

Eh it didn't feel that bad in GT5, but improved physics will make drifting more interesting in GT6 and probably better.

NoizeboyMugen and onelovee like this.
  14. Bee_DiZzLE

Bee_DiZzLE

I hope they add this in a future DLC pack. I still can't believe Kaz didn't include it as one of the variants of willow springs raceway.

15. ShortAznGuy

ShortAznGuy

my heart.... it hurts
    my eyes.... they're wet

Streeto and Stavingo like this.
  16. Stavingo

Stavingo

Only if it's free.

CallmeDan likes this.
  17. Crisp

Crisp Premium

Personally I am not expecting a ton of "drift" only challenges or anything but I hope the lobbies allow for the same good ol' drift meets as they used to in GT5. Also, I'm really looking forward to drifting the '04 GTO around and maybe some S14 action.

18. Polarfox

Polarfox

Why does it seem to me that people only want the "famous" FD drivers cars? Anyway, would love to get some lock kits, Wisefab, PeeBee Motorsport, Marini Motorsports new lock kit (More angle than wisefab :O) (Sure there are more brands, but those i remember atm)
    Drifting with 30 degree lock just isnt enough.

19. Festa2

Festa2

i agree definitely need more lock. everything else is adjustable so why not the steering lock. increasing steering lock is most important for big angle and speed and is normally one or the first things to do when setting up a drift car

20. Dan

Dan Premium

"I've got a fever, and the only cure is more lock."

21. MadFlavour

MadFlavour (Banned)

Experiment conducted, the drift scene is full of drama.

22. Stavingo

Stavingo

Drift forum: Home of seriously serious business

23. Davoxx

Davoxx

We need :

-course maker
    -body kits
    -wheels spacers
    -able to enlarge tyres and wheels as in forza

In fact it's not so hard for PD, but i'm sure they will never do it unfortunately :banghead: !!!!

Course maker, Body kits, wheels spacers and able to enlarge tires so wheels might be for sure also appreciated by all the GT community not only drifters !

24. MadFlavour

MadFlavour (Banned)

Body kits I'm not really bothered about, course maker is supposed to be coming "soon". Spacers, again not interested in them either and I think the current tyre and rim options are fine. Introduction of steering lock kits and possibly manufacturer engine swaps would be a plus. E.G 2ZJ in a GT86

GTGranpa likes this.
  25. Davoxx

Davoxx

Tires option aren't fine IMO. Old cars looks ridiculous with bicycle tires !! Spacers and able to enlarge tires are both really important for the performance and style point of views ! Swap is awesome but this option will never never appear in GT6 because Kaz is a purist and he is against this kind of things.

Last edited: May 19, 2014
    NoizeboyMugen, Streeto and GTGranpa like this.
  26. MadFlavour

MadFlavour (Banned)

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Pretty similar in my opinion, unless we go into cars that are VERY old such as the 300SL. Which I wouldn't use for either racing or drifting.

GTGranpa and Davoxx like this.
  27. Davoxx

Davoxx

I'm speaking about this

This what we are able to do in GT6 now :
    [​IMG]

And this is what everybody would love to do :

[​IMG]

Look at the wheels Offset of this 86' compare to the Takumi one , look awesome and more other performance are increased !

They are essential modification in my opinion !!!

28. Streeto

Streeto

Wheel offset adjustment would really not be a hard thing to implement into the game, and it would be a viable tuning option for everybody, racers, drifters, or just your usual stance fans.

A lot of cars would benefit performance wise and cosmetically from wider stance.

The way that the rims change size but the tires keep their diameter is stupid, most cars could do with lower profile tires in my opinion.

I'm absolutely positive we won't see such modifications in this generation though, or perhaps never.

Last edited: May 19, 2014