GT6 Drift scene, what do you expect?

• Thread starter SmokedBump
  • 147 comments
Kaz acknowledges Drifting is a big sport now but as to bringing it big time to GT, don't see alot happening. Future maybe, with dedicated drift courses (maybe using an app or similar) every gymkhana but thats either a dirt exclusive or to far for GT.

As for GT6, smoke better, few more circuits viable for tandem and comps plus some great new cars. Even the new physics and handling will change everything for the better. I would love tire smoke colours but alas, never happen.

I know one thing for sure: If the ZZ-S or Garaiya returns to GT6, I'll be back to business. As for tracks that look good for drifting, I'm gonna spend a lot of time on the Matterhorn.

I would love a Street intersection to do some Street Drifting. Preferably in an industrial area in Japan.

As for the argument about speed not being important in drifting, I couldn't disagree more. The ability to control your car at high speed while drifting shows mastery of control. In Battle drift, you do have to take into account the the differences in cars such as Weight, Horsepower, top speeds etc. for example: No way should a Skyline not be able to keep up with a Hachi Roku nor should The Same Hachi Roku be able to get up on the door of a Skyline unless A) the 86 driver is a Master, or B) the skyline driver just plain sucks.

Drift Pack which would include stuff like
Van Gidden Jr. Mustang
Dai Yoshi Hara S13
Falken Driftcars
drift tracks yall know what I mean ?

Drift Pack which would include stuff like
Van Gidden Jr. Mustang
Dai Yoshi Hara S13
Falken Driftcars
drift tracks yall know what I mean ?

Are-you-serious.jpg

Does anyone know/think that drifting will be a bit easier in GT6 than in GT5? I got the hang of it in the end, but it took a looong time to learn using a 900 degrees wheel. I have a friend who is a competition drifter in real life, and he thought it was hard to drift in GT5. He's hoping it will be easier in GT6. What do I mean by easier? Easier to keep the car sideways and not run out of speed maybe. And easier to handle counter steers I guess. Not sure how realistic the handling in GT5 is when the car is going sideways.

Does anyone know/think that drifting will be a bit easier in GT6 than in GT5? I got the hang of it in the end, but it took a looong time to learn using a 900 degrees wheel. I have a friend who is a competition drifter in real life, and he thought it was hard to drift in GT5. He's hoping it will be easier in GT6. What do I mean by easier? Easier to keep the car sideways and not run out of speed maybe. And easier to handle counter steers I guess. Not sure how realistic the handling in GT5 is when the car is going sideways.

Eh it didn't feel that bad in GT5, but improved physics will make drifting more interesting in GT6 and probably better.

Personally I am not expecting a ton of "drift" only challenges or anything but I hope the lobbies allow for the same good ol' drift meets as they used to in GT5. Also, I'm really looking forward to drifting the '04 GTO around and maybe some S14 action.

Why does it seem to me that people only want the "famous" FD drivers cars? Anyway, would love to get some lock kits, Wisefab, PeeBee Motorsport, Marini Motorsports new lock kit (More angle than wisefab :embarrassed:) (Sure there are more brands, but those i remember atm)
Drifting with 30 degree lock just isnt enough.

i agree definitely need more lock. everything else is adjustable so why not the steering lock. increasing steering lock is most important for big angle and speed and is normally one or the first things to do when setting up a drift car

We need :

-course maker
-body kits
-wheels spacers
-able to enlarge tyres and wheels as in forza

In fact it's not so hard for PD, but i'm sure they will never do it unfortunately :banghead: !!!!

Course maker, Body kits, wheels spacers and able to enlarge tires so wheels might be for sure also appreciated by all the GT community not only drifters !

Body kits I'm not really bothered about, course maker is supposed to be coming "soon". Spacers, again not interested in them either and I think the current tyre and rim options are fine. Introduction of steering lock kits and possibly manufacturer engine swaps would be a plus. E.G 2ZJ in a GT86

Body kits I'm not really bothered about, course maker is supposed to be coming "soon". Spacers, again not interested in them either and I think the current tyre and rim options are fine. Introduction of steering lock kits and possibly manufacturer engine swaps would be a plus. E.G 2ZJ in a GT86
Tires option aren't fine IMO. Old cars looks ridiculous with bicycle tires !! Spacers and able to enlarge tires are both really important for the performance and style point of views ! Swap is awesome but this option will never never appear in GT6 because Kaz is a purist and he is against this kind of things.

Last edited:
Wheel offset adjustment would really not be a hard thing to implement into the game, and it would be a viable tuning option for everybody, racers, drifters, or just your usual stance fans.

A lot of cars would benefit performance wise and cosmetically from wider stance.

The way that the rims change size but the tires keep their diameter is stupid, most cars could do with lower profile tires in my opinion.

I'm absolutely positive we won't see such modifications in this generation though, or perhaps never.

Last edited:

Latest Posts

Back