GT6 Drift scene, what do you expect?

• Thread starter SmokedBump
  • 147 comments
They should implement a playlist option for lobbies!

So it would auto switch to preselected tracks after every "x" minutes... or start races before switching for a replay tandem!

This GT Arena looks to be a wonderful drift track:

i1wCEdV2fWpqt.jpg
It seems small in this shot, maybe it will be a good track for low power cars like AE86's/Miatas, similar to Kart Space.

Such a huge arena, but not a single spectator... scary!
They showed up, but decided to leave when they realized the seats were just painted on concrete.

It seems small in this shot, maybe it will be a good track for low power cars like AE86's/Miatas, similar to Kart Space.

It's actually pretty large, don't be mistaken. Lots more space than Kart Space as far as I could see from the new GT6 intro.
Edit: Added video

Last edited:
Willow is going to be used a lot. I would imagine someone is going to try to glitch out of the map to get to The Balcony and Horsethief Mile as well.

Hopefully the tires respond more realistically also, fingers crossed.

Also isn't there something with the course maker which allows you to create a course through GPS data? If so, maybe someone will go to Ebisu soon.

Willow is going to be used a lot. I would imagine someone is going to try to glitch out of the map to get to The Balcony and Horsethief Mile as well.

Even though it will be used a lot, I don't mind because the track is a lot more complex than Suzuka East or Tsukuba so it won't be as boring

I don't know, sounds like a good idea. Until you consider the mechanics in Gran Turismo's points, of course. If it gets revamped for the better, that would be great.

Even if it was reworked, I would much rather drift for fun, preferably in a long drift train. ;)

Even if it was reworked, I would much rather drift for fun, preferably in a long drift train. ;)

True, I've just had much fun in GRID's drifting. It had a great points system. There were a lot of us who would drift in trains and tandem and such.

Points? What? Hope you're joking... :lol:

I just re-read the article, it's said "Drift Trials". I'm not sure if it's with points or not but it sure does sound like it, especially with GT5's seasonals being labeled "drift trials", with points.

Gran Turismo Website
(near the middle)

If they completely rehauled the points system and made it better, I'd be for it. If it's still the same as GT5, we don't need it!

I am expecting an awful lot of disappointment. From what i have seen looks like PD have completely ignored what people have been screaming out for (yet again).

No points system will ever replace human judges when it comes to competitive drifting, I remember a drift series trying it a few years back (think it was in Italy or Spain) but they scrapped it based on driver feedback.

Not counting Red bull drift shifters of course which was timed, and judged on driver accuracy measured by sensors.

Still a competitive event, with competitive drivers, in competitive cars drifting, albeit not on a proper track.

Everything has to start somewhere. Personally i welcome sensors and automated judging takes away any favoritism/loyalties any judges have. Look at U.K drifting for example, if you are not affiliated somehow with Driftworks or Japspeed, you get nowhere.

No points system will ever replace human judges when it comes to competitive drifting, I remember a drift series trying it a few years back (think it was in Italy or Spain) but they scrapped it based on driver feedback.

What game has used judges for scoring over points? Even the official D1GP games used points.

Still a competitive event, with competitive drivers, in competitive cars drifting, albeit not on a proper track.

Everything has to start somewhere. Personally i welcome sensors and automated judging takes away any favoritism/loyalties any judges have. Look at U.K drifting for example, if you are not affiliated somehow with Driftworks or Japspeed, you get nowhere.
Is that a joke? DW haven't won anything for years- Phil was out of competition for at least 2 years and prior to that had only won one competition.

The only team that gets favoured is Japspeed, and that's because their owner is a judge in the BDC.

Yes, but I have no clue what it is. :dopey: Another drift competition I assume.

Yeah, quite famous with the drift community on GTP.

There's a panel of judges that judge to real life standards, with rounds on different tracks each week in a "season" which might consist of 7 rounds on 7 tracks with qualifying for each etc.

As close as you will get to a real life comp, on a game, pretty much.

I really hope but dont expect that they will have a proper clutch and/or manual transmission simulation. Most veterans in the series could agree with me there. :lol:

True :lol:. Wish the clutch would be better but I know it won't.

real clutch, Ebisu or any other real japanese track, engine swaps, offset/steering angle adjustment and some other stuff of this kind...

but for real, i don't expect nothing from PD anymore regarding drifting...i'll enjoy the game as it will be: fun with friends

Back