GT6 Easter Eggs and interesting finds

• Thread starter Roflwaffle
  • 1,280 comments
I was kind of dissapointed with the lake at Midfield. When I first drove past it, I thought that maybe, just maybe, that the Loch Ness Monster (or whatever is the actual name for it), would be sitting right there and perhaps, a glimpse of Trial Mountain would be visible. Now that, would've been a cool easter egg. But sadly, after scanning every inch, nothing was found.

Ferrari P4 Easter Egg:

On the gameplay, there is a spare tire:
C360_2015-03-31-15-42-56-656.jpg

On the Garage, photo travel, and GtAuto, its missing:
C360_2015-03-31-15-44-22-630.jpg

Last edited:
Pretty neat I say considering there were many cars from that era which specifically had room for at least a spare tire (The Ford GT40 being one of those cars)

How well does that Power to weight serve you when you have a tire down and you are faaaar from the pits? ;)

There's a starting grid for bikes on Apricot Hill. No other original circuit has one, so is it another reason to back up the possible inclusion of bikes for the next GT?

There's a starting grid for bikes on Apricot Hill. No other original circuit has one, so is it another reason to back up the possible inclusion of bikes for the next GT?
I think @syntex123 found bike starting grids on Matterhorn.

Tourist Trophy 2 Confirmed! With Matterhorn and Apricot Hill!

im gonna say it... its pretty trippy that CVT cars can drive with full HP the whole time (as in they stay at ideal revs from 60-200 km/h). CVT cars include:
The 2012 vitz
the 2010 demio
every single hybrid except the pure hybrids (miev, leaf, tesla)

im gonna say it... its pretty trippy that CVT cars can drive with full HP the whole time (as in they stay at ideal revs from 60-200 km/h). CVT cars include:
The 2012 vitz
the 2010 demio
every single hybrid except the pure hybrids (miev, leaf, tesla)

They are very fast at accelerating against other cars of the same PP, though I find their top speed to be lacking. On a tighter and/or hilly track they are super competitive. Two other CVT cars are the Honda Jazz and Mitsubishi i-Concept.

I wouldn't consider any of this to be an easter egg, though, it's just the nature of a CVT drivetrain.

I have another one. I knew about the plane flying over at Autumn ring in GT5 as it is here in GT6...

Autumn Ring_5
by speedracer8218, on Flickr

But didnt know there were birds flying over...

Autumn Ring_3

And as I zoomed in they look like cranes? :eek:

Autumn Ring_4

I was going to mention the birds at Autumn Ring when I began to read this thread. You beat me to it.
Also, the blimp on TM.

Or Porsche banner in La Sarthe, and yet no actually-licensed Porsche!

That sign is letting you know you are heading to the Porsche Curves, (turns). Well, that's what I tell myself as a reminder to keep your speed up for maximum down force.

Not sure if its been mentioned, but at night on Daytona road coarse you sometimes see very thin quick streaks of light in front of your car...

It's seems to be an effect like you get when you see bugs reflecting from your headlights. It's well done actually and quite realistic, as they go in random directions and sometimes quite close together...

Or its a brilliant bug! (No pun intended)

The bugs in Florida are horrendous.
Case in point: the love bugs are so bad that the swarms show up on radar.

That looks like the key to my S
This key is modeled in the game

ktm-x-bow-key-engine-start-stop-button-and-hazard-lights-button-photo-315573-s-1280x782.jpg

Hey, That looks like the key to my S4! But my car doesn't have that neat key holder... That's it, I'm calling the dealership, this is BS!

Last edited by a moderator:
Maybe this is an Easter Egg, or maybe a glitch...
I bought an Audi R8 LMP, the gas powered one, (forget the diesel, I hate the diesels) from years ago and there was no headlight indicator on the HUD, no big deal as I was racing during the day. Then I had a night race with a RUF GTR and I had no headlights at all. It makes for a real bitch around Apricot without headlights once you are in the lead.

That must be a glitch. Could a car do the 24h of Le Mans without headlights and also it must be so annoying doing a race with lots of time change with that thing.:P Well at least there isn't a proper 24h event as in GT5. :D

yeah. Not deadly, but have an annoying habit of biting you. And the bites are itchy.

I know, I'm from the tropics, Florida.

That must be a glitch. Could a car do the 24h of Le Mans without headlights and also it must be so annoying doing a race with lots of time change with that thing.:P Well at least there isn't a proper 24h event as in GT5. :D

I think it was a glitch, some lines of code didn't get picked up, or something like that.
I'm glad you brought up the 24 hour races, I'm about to rant so, I hope you are sitting down. I raced for 24 hours years ago just so I can get the Speed 8. It was a real bitch, I planned for days ahead, put in a request for three days off of work and I earned that damn car. It's a great car, but now every clown with CR2,000,000 can just buy it.

3 Days of work bloody hell!!! Wow! Well at least it playing GT5 not going on some boring business trip or something like that.:)

Anyone noticed that that Camaro Z28 Coupe '97 has no exhaust pipes?

I'm being optimistic here assuming you were setting up a turn to pass a '97 Z28 and noticed that, right?
No? Well, I hope you out run the Amber Alert signs.

Who, drives those things... Really?

3 Days of work bloody hell!!! Wow! Well at least it playing GT5 not going on some boring business trip or something like that.:)

I think it was GT4??? I can't remember. I've been playing from the start. That said, The physics model has me guessing at every new conception. And with that said, with all of the up dates it just keeps getting better and better with GT6, (I time trial a 98 M3 around the cones).

I think it was GT4??? I can't remember. I've been playing from the start. That said, The physics model has me guessing at every new conception. And with that said, with all of the up dates it just keeps getting better and better with GT6, (I time trial a 98 M3 around the cones).

Yep every time you see an update the game gets a little better, even if it's only a little hotfix, the game improves. But me alongside many others are eagerly awaiting a Spec 2.0. Course Creator and Livery Maker.

And with that '98 M3 cone time trial. That seems awesome I've got to try it out!

Not sure if this counts, but when you have a rear wing on a BMW 120i
Said wing will have struts supporting it on the window.

Well, Okay, I'm game. Why would you put wing on an 120i?
The folks at PD classify the Wagon as a Hatchback. Where else would you put a wing on a hatch? The bumper?
No, you're right, you should put it on the trailer hitch when you're not camping.

Back