GT6 FAQs

Anyone else having issues with their personal BGM?

I have a GT6 playlist on my PS3, and no matter what, it will either play the same song I selected to start the playlist, or it will play nothing (I deleted the songs from the Gallery racing playlist).

When you set up your BGM there is a small (adjustable) toggle underneath that asks if you want to shuffle or repeat the [folder] or the [song]. I'm thinking you will want to select [folder] and it will play all of the songs in the folder for you. :)

Hi. Great thread.
Do you get different rewards/cars if you get all bronze or all silver in your licence tests?
As opposed to the gold reward.

Thanks in advance.

When you set up your BGM there is a small (adjustable) toggle underneath that asks if you want to shuffle or repeat the [folder] or the [song]. I'm thinking you will want to select [folder] and it will play all of the songs in the folder for you. :)
I have shuffle on, and the repeat folder option on, yet it still plays the same song every race. The only way I can change it is either restart the race or go select another song in the options. It's infuriating.

When i have downloaded the update 1.01. and it starts installing, the install crash and i get error

some one help>>?

I have shuffle on, and the repeat folder option on, yet it still plays the same song every race. The only way I can change it is either restart the race or go select another song in the options. It's infuriating.

KM964 - I just turned my on and I have it set to personal folder for menu background only. I have not tried it for "race" BGM yet. As I have it currently set > play options > shuffle > folder .. it works perfectly. I will try to experiment with the "race" BGM later and tell you my findings. Thank you.

permanently turn replay off ??? can you?

Not that I know of, but remember guys... this game is brand new and going by PD's launch history as of late, the "game" won't be fully realized until a few months from now with all of the updates to come, etc. I mean there are still a lot of the areas of the game that are missing, but I trust that PD will patch all of this in over the coming months. The game on its face though is still very entertaining to me, even in its current bare bones state.

Hi. Great thread.
Do you get different rewards/cars if you get all bronze or all silver in your licence tests?
As opposed to the gold reward.

Thanks in advance.

Not sure. I've only gotten golds so far but not sure if there are different awards for lower class medals. I'm not sure, but my hunch tells me it's not likely.

thanks, what about getting a car for race that you need, i see it lists 3 examples of cars that qualify for that race you want to enter, is there a quicker way to go to the car to buy it other than backing out to main menu, going into dealership and looking thru the many dealers then cars?

when looking at an opponents car to maybe buy, most of the time on that thing at the end of the race i have no idea what mfgr it is it will say like HSC 04, without google wouldnt know that is honda

stockyard purpose?

Last edited:
What car did you use to finish "Historic Cup" in ib international
I find it very hard to do with the following
Ford Gt350:- Turns better than the AI but the straights of Cote D'azur are a great weakness
Stingray Race Car Concept:- Cannot turn this thing and it is useless to modify cannot compete

Any advice on Which car?

I live in South America and the online loby rooms just shows me "Central / South America Rooms" or "Show All"

I have a US PSN.

Can I set the game to show me just US/Canada loby rooms?

Last edited:
Anyone knows how to receive the free GT-R GT3 promised by Sony via e-mail for GTAcademy participants? The mail said it would be available as soon as one got the game. I'm still waiting though...

I have a question about the career mode.. I'm still with Gran Turismo 5 and trying to reach level 40 with all golds in all events so I can satisfy my personal goal of completion for that game.

My question about Gran Turismo 6 is about the career mode. What is different about GT6's career mode from GT5...

No level system, stars replaced them. Shortened endurance races. 16 competitors in the later races. One make races. Mission races (like GT4).

So you are saying that the long (2,4,6,9 and 24 hour) races are gone?
I'm not sure how I feel about that... On one hand those 2 and 4 hour races are fairly extreme on the other hand those long races which would get tense towards the end were quite satisfying to finish.. Currently preparing for the Tsukuba 1000km.

Question of my own- I know with this being a new gamethey left stuff out. But have you heardbif they are going to bring back disable ccollision? Used this a lot in lobbies for no draft b4 tuning. Thanks

sorry if been asked, but can you get the anniversary cars in a DLC for normal game? or just the the anniversary game

Back