GT6 Screenshots / Videos

• Thread starter BkS
  • 10,029 comments
Kaz specifically said in a GTPlanet interview that there would be no multi-class racing.
WRONG! He said, multiclass is possible in GT6 online however, there will be no way to reward more than 1 winner. So if there are 3 classes on a race, there is still only 1 winner altogether.

Uh, this is a trailer created by PD. This is basically a CG video using the game engine with predefined animations, not actual gameplay. What it suggests is PD hired some good animators to generate hype in a public trailer.
Maybe, to the first part. FALSE!, to the second part :D. PD's staff do their own trailers and I'm not entirely sure for who, but they do it in other situations too, not just for their games (not game developers though).

They don't tend to hand animate these things, either (except for things like the cameras, or time of day; possibly some photo travel scenes). It's usually the game's systems on display - I'm reminded of the the jitter in the steering seen in the 458 trailer, which is an artefact of the AI's control algorithm, and can be seen in the game also.

WRONG! He said, multiclass is possible in GT6 online however, there will be no way to reward more than 1 winner. So if there are 3 classes on a race, there is still only 1 winner altogether.
I thought he said there would be multiclass racing.

They're wrong. It wasn't Kaz... :D
https://www.google.com/search?q=taku imasaki multiclass&oq=taku imasaki multiclass&aqs=chrome..69i57.18945j0j7&sourceid=chrome&espv=210&es_sm=93&ie=UTF-8

http://simhqmotorsports.com/feature-e3-2013-recap-part-i-gran-turismo-6/
Taku Imasaki
On the subject of multiplayer, Chunx mentioned that one inhibitor to sim racing groups hosting online events on consoles was the lack of options in setting up races. Taku told us that this is being addressed in GT6, where it will be easier to set up hosting races with more host options, allowing hosts to customize races to suit their needs. We asked about Multi-Class racing, and were told that while there will be multi-class racing in GT6, there won’t be a way for the game itself to conduct multi-class race scoring (i.e. class winners).

Why won't there be scoring PD? its very simple thing simple to program... I bet it wouldn't even take 1 hour for a senior programmer to complete. :ouch:

All they would have to do is. Ask the car, "which regulations do you fit in better." - Class

Before my time with GT I joined with GT3, but I didn't think much about it until GT5, because I was too young still. :P lol I was into racing and PC games, but my 1st console was a N64. :) Those cars that I used to drive from games are still my favorites... 1990-1998 Supercars :)

My favorite intro is the one for GT3, how it starts as gasoline flowing thru the engine, then it shows the '97 Supra. :P So cool. GT3 was one of the first modern games IMO. The way it was created is how we are still creating games and animation. Although its difficult for me to imagine development before 2000/2001. PCs just didn't have enough power to do things the easy way we can now.

Last edited:
Why won't there be scoring PD? its very simple thing simple to program... I bet it wouldn't even take 1 hour for a senior programmer to complete. :ouch:
Clearly, that isn't the case in this situation.
If 1 hour was all it took, they'd have done it.

If you would've threw in the 1 minute mark of this video at the end of your video it would've been perfect.

Gah! I knew I missed something!
Should I remake the video? :P

In all honesty, I cut a lot out at first, then decided to change the track to a longer version, which again wasn't enough, so I remade the end of the track (increased by 32s or something), which then was 10s too long... I could have put that bit in as well! :guilty:

Gah! I knew I missed something!
Should I remake the video? :P

In all honesty, I cut a lot out at first, then decided to change the track to a longer version, which again wasn't enough, so I remade the end of the track (increased by 32s or something), which then was 10s too long... I could have put that bit in as well! :guilty:

What Program are you using? After looking at the video again I probably would put it at the intro and put the moon and lunar buggy parts together towards the end.Also for coping with time you could slightly speed up some parts (wont really be able to tell because the clips are so short), again that depends on the program you are using.Or just mix in another GT intro song.I wouldn't say remake it because its already good imo.But if you want to, go ahead :cheers:

What Program are you using? After looking at the video again I probably would put it at the intro and put the moon and lunar buggy parts together towards the end.Also for coping with time you could slightly speed up some parts (wont really be able to tell because the clips are so short), again that depends on the program you are using.Or just mix in another GT intro song.I wouldn't say remake it because its already good imo.But if you want to, go ahead :cheers:
My first time with Vegas, and believe it or not I have slowed and sped up a good 60% of the clips in there :P
Thank you. I think what I will do is a PS3 GT video montage, so with GT5 and GT6 videos... but I'll do that nearer to when GT7 is announced. I'll be sure to try and add the sun there!

Or maybe, depending on if people like the video and the way the replays are in GT6, I may make a habit of making videos!

LOL, just kidding with you two
Haha, gotcha.

I was just looking over my own video again just now, I noticed something that maybe people have missed. On the NASCAR clips near the end of the track, there seems to be a pace car of some sort flash by the start finish line, followed by a load of NASCAR cars. Or at the very least a car that had pretty bright lights as opposed to the dark shadows of the stock cars?

You mean the yellow car in front? Seems weird that a pace car would be going so fast but you're right, it didn't really look like the other cars. When I paused it almost looked like a Hudson hornet ^^

You mean the yellow car in front? Seems weird that a pace car would be going so fast but you're right, it didn't really look like the other cars. When I paused it almost looked like a Hudson hornet ^^

I'm not sure what colour it was, but it was definately not a NASCAR car, because for starters it had very bright lights glowing on it. I also noticed that at 3:01 on my video, I think it's the same car, but at the back of the pack, with lights off?

I think this camaro looks very good.

i1owDkdbk4pkvW.jpg

i1uw2I4HBUJl2Ec.jpg

Also, YES! I still can't get over the fact that PD modeled the Boss 302 mustang as well.
i1kUkrX8U4pUvG.jpg

i1aShK7onYdGXcc.jpg

Back