Land_Rover_Range_Rover_Evoque_Coupe_Dynamic_13_02.jpg

Land_Rover_Range_Rover_Evoque_Coupe_Dynamic_13_73Front.jpg

Chevrolet_Nova_SS_70_73Front.jpg

Chevrolet_Nova_SS_70_73Rear.jpg

Pozzi_MotorSports_Camaro_RS_73Front.jpg

Pozzi_MotorSports_Camaro_RS_73Rear.jpg

Ford_GT40_Mark_I_66_73Rear.jpg

Ford_GT40_Mark_I_66_73Front.jpg

I think the Evoque is a good looking car, I didn't at first I thought somebody had rolled their Range Rover and crushed the back. I'm glad it's in the game so I can use it on the rare occasion I'm not in the Abarth Punto.

Amazing details. 👍

When I look to the next gen racing games, the car models of GT6 are not far behind, only the power of the next gen make the difference.

If they decide to bring only 500 cars to GT7, this would be amazing. I wonder what fantastic car graphics we will see then if PD decides to split their rescources better.

*Pre orders GT6*

re-Evoque it's a good looking car but I think there's only 2 other SUVs so kind of pointless.

If you see it like this, about 300 cars in GT5 are pointless. For example the concept cars, show cars or lets say the Audi RS6. No E63 Wagon, no M5 Wagon as opponents.

I love the evoque and if PD would only bring up Mercedes ML, BMW X5 etc., this would be an interesting class. I hope PD will bring for the future other classes like the luxury class Mercedes S Class, Audi A8, BMW 7series.

But if they do, they have to put in a few opponents in the same class, so I understand your point, but Evoque is nice to have.

I believe Kaz said the premiums are "future proof", so lets say the 400 from gt5 and gt6 are moved onto gt7, they carefully pick 150 standards to upgrade, and introduce another 150 new cars to the series. 700 cars Sounds damn good on 30 tracks

I actually look forward to driving it and I guess you could technically race the Evoque against the concept suvs.

EDIT: GT7 actually sounds like a lot of fun when I think of it that way. Having GT5's & 6's premium cars plus whatever new cars PD puts in GT7. That sounds great.

I believe Kaz said the premiums are "future proof", so lets say the 400 from gt5 and gt6 are moved onto gt7, they carefully pick 150 standards to upgrade, and introduce another 150 new cars to the series. 700 cars Sounds damn good on 30 tracks
Those cars are indeed beautifully done. They should look incredible in motion on GT7. And don't forget Kaz promised 1 track per month so even if GT7 drops in the highly unlikely 2015 Holiday Season, that would be 24 new tracks.

B.K
Amazing details. 👍

When I look to the next gen racing games, the car models of GT6 are not far behind, only the power of the next gen make the difference.

If they decide to bring only 500 cars to GT7, this would be amazing. I wonder what fantastic car graphics we will see then if PD decides to split their rescources better.

If you see it like this, about 300 cars in GT5 are pointless. For example the concept cars, show cars or lets say the Audi RS6. No E63 Wagon, no M5 Wagon as opponents.

I love the evoque and if PD would only bring up Mercedes ML, BMW X5 etc., this would be an interesting class. I hope PD will bring for the future other classes like the luxury class Mercedes S Class, Audi A8, BMW 7series.

But if they do, they have to put in a few opponents in the same class, so I understand your point, but Evoque is nice to have.

The Wagons and/or concepts are still capable track cars that can be used in A-spec events, Maybe the SUVs can be added along side the trucks to form a new series of Trucks and SUVs but I still question It's inclusion.

Those cars are indeed beautifully done. They should look incredible in motion on GT7. And don't forget Kaz promised 1 track per month so even if GT7 drops in the highly unlikely 2015 Holiday Season, that would be 24 new tracks.
I would be SHOCKED if that DLC goes on for more then a year.
I just remembered though, I'm expecting 50 DLC cars for gt6, so really 750 cars on gt7 sounds flippin fantastic

24 tracks plus the 38 tracks we have now. Holy cow, that's 64 tracks in all! I don't even know what to do with that many tracks.

I would be SHOCKED if that DLC goes on for more then a year.
I just remembered though, I'm expecting 50 DLC cars for gt6, so really 750 cars on gt7 sounds flippin fantastic
DLC will go on as long as it's a profitable way for PD to utilize resources. That could be 6 months or 2 years, time will tell obviously. But yeah, more cars, more tracks, hopefully some real world tracks in the DLC. GT7 will have a fantastic car and track list!:cheers:

Don't forget they'll have to add new tracks to GT7 as well. If all the promises are kept we could be well over 70 by the time GT7 drops:bowdown:

:embarrassed: Okay, my hype mode is probably going to be on for a while just thinking about that. Racing games/sims are just going to get better from this point huh?

I wonder win the realism will finally peak.

The Evoque is not a full-size SUV. If anything it competes nicely with the glut of hatchbacks we've received.

A SUV is a SUV, fullsize or not. The Evoque cant compete with hatchbacks or Cross-hatchbacks, these are totally different cars. SUVs like Evoque, Audi Q5, BMW X3, Mercedes ML, are in the same class. And Audi Q7, BMW X5, Mercedes GL, Land Rover are in SUV class too, but they just are larger.

If this is the case, I could live with that. I just hope they make a cut regarding the standard cars. You cant carry on everything, like the tracks for example. If we still would have all the GT3/Gt4 tracks, we wouldn't maybe have Le Mans, Spa etc. At some point they gotta move on and always remember all cars we got now maybe look great, but all of them need to be improved, remodeled or however for the PS4. So this is a lot of work. I would prefer they to concentrate on newer cars rahter than making some standard oldtimer concept cars premium. But maybe this isn the right thread to discuss it.

The Wagons and/or concepts are still capable track cars that can be used in A-spec events, Maybe the SUVs can be added along side the trucks to form a new series of Trucks and SUVs but I still question It's inclusion.

I don't see why it's ok using wagons and concept cars to race against totally different cars, but not if you race a SUV like the Evoque?

If you can tune it up, of course you can race with it like you do with wagons etc. I dont see the problem. You also don't have a concept car series or show car series or something like that, nontheless all these cars are in. Obviously you cant create a class for every kind of car in GT, then we would have 50 classes.

I believe Kaz said the premiums are "future proof"

Since every "premium" car in GT5 has a even-higher detail version that's used in photomode, I imagine these will get used in upcoming games.

B.K
A SUV is a SUV, fullsize or not. The Evoque cant compete with hatchbacks or Cross-hatchbacks, these are totally different cars. SUVs like Evoque, Audi Q5, BMW X3, Mercedes ML, are in the same class. And Audi Q7, BMW X5, Mercedes GL, Land Rover are in SUV class too, but they just are larger.

The Evoque is a coupe. The Evoque is a go-anywhere 4x4. The Evoque is a practical hatchback. And about the size differences, sorry, but have you actually seen one? They really aren't that big. Its real SUV competitors are a whole size down, with things like the Audi Q3, Mercedes GLK, and BMW X1.

Last edited:
@B.K How many concept cars do we have? I was also not very welcoming of the concept cars. I'm arguing that aside from maybe the Sunday cup and beginner events, how can the Evoque be of any use.

24 tracks plus the 38 tracks we have now. Holy cow, that's 64 tracks in all! I don't even know what to do with that many tracks.

It is likely that many of these monthly circuits are presets from course maker.

Yamauchi himself has said that in past interviews.

GTP: Will players have more control over the tracks they can create in GT6, compared to GT5?

“Yes. In regards to the course maker, it is cutting it really close as to whether or not it will make it in time for day one or not for GT6. It’s definitely going to be there, but whether or not it will be available from day one I’m just not really sure right now.

“We might start off by providing tracks that we’ve made to the users first – and then the editing user interface might come a little bit after that.”

https://www.gtplanet.net/kazunori-yamauchi-tamir-moscovici-interview-jff-2013/

B.K
Amazing details. 👍

if PD would only bring up Mercedes ML, BMW X5 etc., this would be an interesting class. I hope PD will bring for the future other classes like the luxury class Mercedes S Class, Audi A8, BMW 7series.

Thats exactly my thinking over past decade. So much time they spend to make one car from one class and then you have to race against totally different cars. Because it has no other natural opponent in the game.

See for instance a Le Mans class in GT5

Haha..I think you're right. Why wouldn't it be on top of the bar, where the hashmarks are, like very other gauge in the history of the world?:confused::confused: And while I'm at it, it's pretty poor design not to use the space to the right and leave it empty. Why not use the whole space and make the gauge bigger and easier to read?

I played it extensively at Eurogamer, and you'd have to be very critical to find any fault in the HUD whilst playing it. Assuming you have a HD TV of at least 20", all the information's very clear and easy to glance at.

Yeah, at the bottom of the left front, you can see a faint line that is possibly the splitter. But it may just be the regular Huayra because in this pic, the same line us right there, it just doesn't go the full width of the car.
If I recall correctly, they are flaps that create downforce, similar to the ones on the back of the car.

Why are we getting the Evoque, what A-spec event could it be used for anyway?

You can use it in the Compact & Modern race series. Yes, it is stated as a compact on the Gran Turismo site. Quote:
Compact & Modern
No need to be bigger than necessary.
An agile car for the minimalist, packing impressive performance and passion in a small body.

Examples of compact and modern cars:
  • Alfa Romeo MiTo 1.4 T Sport '09
  • Abarth 500 '09
  • Ford Focus ST '13
  • Renault Sport Mégane R.S. Trophy '11
  • Land Rover Range Rover Evoque Coupe Dynamic '13

You can use it in the Compact & Modern race series. Yes, it is stated as a compact on the Gran Turismo site. Quote:

Examples of compact and modern cars:
  • Alfa Romeo MiTo 1.4 T Sport '09
  • Abarth 500 '09
  • Ford Focus ST '13
  • Renault Sport Mégane R.S. Trophy '11
  • Land Rover Range Rover Evoque Coupe Dynamic '13

Nice find, can it keep up with them though?

Back