GT6 Screenshots / Videos

• Thread starter BkS
  • 10,029 comments
Not posted yet?

1404869_368815343255744_1917396052_o.jpg

They have to stop with these ugly renders with too much blurry reflections, why a grey blackground if the reflections come from a random photomode location?
Anyway, this picture gives me a desire to get my hands on this Huayra, (with this carbon color?)

Glossy black is highly reflective in real life, almost mirror like. The same render without reflextion mapping would look dull or unattractive.

They have to stop with these ugly renders with too much blurry reflections, why a grey blackground if the reflections come from a random photomode location?
Anyway, this picture gives me a desire to get my hands on this Huayra, (with this carbon color?)
That is indeed the Huayra with a full carbon fiber body!

sure cause it s a picture taken on photo mode but they erase the background

Not really. Thats a reflection map, they use a picture to emulate reflections. Its basically the opposite from real time reflections and the same way reflections are archived in the early GTs up to GT5 prologue.
Why they use this for promotion pictures, I don't know. Maybe to keep the render time down?

GT3 was one of the first car / racing games I played that had reflection maps that were dynamically rendered from the game scene (up to then, they were typically pre-made and loaded per track). The effect was astonishing at the time, for example, seeing the red rumble strips reflected in the car in replays. It's broadly the same process as (properly-made, 360°) static maps, they just render the scene in six directions into a texture ("cube-map"), or some similar approach, but do it every few frames (GT3) or every frame (GT5).

In this case, using the reflection maps from a photo travel location lends a more natural sense of lighting, since they also use the map for the "ambient" lighting component (like image-based lighting, effectively). The resolution is a compromise, as it'd need more texture memory and more rendering time (either stolen from something else, or lowering the framerate) and bandwidth to increase it.

Looking on the GT website, the shots with the "real" locations look more natural to me than those with the synthetic "showroom" environment (although in both cases the actual environment has not been rendered). The latter, though, has much smoother, almost velvety reflections, avoiding the low-res issue with careful construction of the environment that the map is drawn from (that would surely look very strange if we could see it!).

(Here's a good look at how a cubemap is constructed, although it seems to be being used differently here. Namely with the intent to simplify a complexly-lit scene by taking maps from it, then deleting all the lights and just using the cubemaps to light the scene - pretty clever. They can also be used for reflections in scenery in the same way - it might be possible to do local reflections on a wet track in GT6 this way, using the car's reflection map and then rendering the car's own reflection over it.)

can't see license tests in the career screen or menu. the only part i liked of gt5, hope still in there.

It is. The different levels of career mode share the names now (example: Amateur League is now called A), and it seems every level of career mode is ended with getting a new license...

brands-gt6-ai.jpg

Kinda interested in that Oreca Audi R8 back there, curious on how it looks now. Also noticed the music text that pops up looks exactly like in GT4. Nice touch.

In other news, Miike Snow is in the soundtrack :eek: This deal just keeps getting better all the time.

Skyline representing in second place while the Dodge Viper spins off on the tough corners as the Ai liwes control.

Translating the interview:

"This is the first time that I visit Brazil
and the city of São Paulo
And one of the first things that I noticed
is that there are cars from everywhere
Europe, US, Japan
Seriously, cars from every car maker
I think that the scenary is something like to what we see on Gran Turismo
And it is not like that we have to adapt the game to Brazil
but I do think that the game will be perfect for Brazil in this regard (sounds like this in Portuguese too, little clumsy translation from the Japanese, I reckon)

When I knew that I would have the chance to work with Ayrton Senna,
I became very, very happy
At the same time, I realized that it would be very difficult
express Ayrton Senna in our game.

And the main reason to visit São Paulo was get a answer to this
I think that the answer was get to know his sister, Viviane and her daughter, Bianca
and speak to everybody at Senna's institute.

I began to feel the responsibility"

Last edited:
Translating the interview:

"This is the first time that I visit Brazil
and the city of São Paulo
And one of the first things that I noticed
is that there are cars from everywhere
Europe, US, Japan
Seriously, cars from every car maker
I think that the scenary is something like to what we see on Gran Turismo
And it is not like that we have to adapt the game to Brazil
but I do think that the game will be perfect for Brazil in this regard (sounds like this in Portuguese too, little clumsy translation from the Japanese, I reckon)

When I knew that I would have the chance to work with Ayrton Senna,
I became very, very happy
At the same time, I realized that it would be very difficult
express Ayrton Senna in our game.

And the main reason to visit São Paulo was get a answer to this
I think that the answer was get to know his sister, Viviane and her daughter, Bianca
and speak to everybody at Senna's institute.

I began to feel the responsibility"
Thanks @wowbaggerBR :cheers: Sounds like Kaz is taking how Senna is represented within the game very seriously. :bowdown:

...and therefore it looks very weird. I'm still looking for those reflected trees all around :odd:

The purpose was to show the car, not the location...

They wanted to save the reveal of the location for a later time...

If they "leak" out photos from PhotoMode... How crazy this forum would become...

So for now, you will have to do away with the gray one tone background.

"De rien ;)"

If they "leak" out photos from PhotoMode... How crazy this forum would become...

"De rien ;)"
This would be a good reason if the photos were from months and months ago when we knew none of the photo locations.

"De rien ;)"

If one looks closely, one would see the Kyoto Shoren-in Temple. Which is already in GT5.
mythbusters_busted.png

Back