GT6 Screenshots / Videos

• Thread starter BkS
  • 10,029 comments
Yup. From what I've seen 5 has mostly the same short 'dynamic' shots of cars zipping by, and silly shots where the camera pans around the car from a ridiculously close distance while clipping through other cars that the previous games had, whereas GT has more realistic tv style angles where we actually get a good look at the cars moving around the track and battling with each other.

Much more satisfying to watch. Anyway let's not have a GT v Forza debate in this thread, I shouldn't have mentioned that.

I did not see enough of it (forza 5) but I do love the GT replay angles 👍

Weather on Monza without the Rettifilo chicane. 👍
Weather/time change on La Sarthe without chicanes. 👍
No weather/time change on short versions of Motegi. 👎
No weather on Suzuka East. 👎
No short versions of Ascari (yet).
Weather/time change on all 5 Nurb variations. 👍
No Suzuka West 👎

Is anyone still interested in the 2005 version of La Sarthe? 5 versions of the track...

Has anyone noticed on that video from Munich that at 13:13 on the other screen on the right, it's snowing?
It seems to me like a weird graphic effect (maybe for the 1st place).

Last edited:
One thing that still troubles me from the Munich videos is the drop in frame rate. I would believe it to be Kaz's main priority now, but a question for anyone who can answer... Would installing the game on an SSHD improve this issue or is it solely based on the PS3's processor? Might help me decide whether to get in on disc or via PSN.

Some standards:

iRRa9kMvD4FFt.jpg

Of course you can't tell much from blurry video, but that Jag is quite clear.

One thing that still troubles me from the Munich videos is the drop in frame rate. I would believe it to be Kaz's main priority now, but a question for anyone who can answer... Would installing the game on an SSHD improve this issue or is it solely based on the PS3's processor? Might help me decide whether to get in on disc or via PSN.
The dropped frames arent from the game but from the video itself, the whole video is partially laggy (unless my iphone 5 plays that video wrong)!

Some standards:

iRRa9kMvD4FFt.jpg

Of course you can't tell much from blurry video, but that Jag is quite clear.

Yes, it definitly looks like the standards (or most of them) arent upgradet by looking at the jaguars light. But for me that isnt really a big issue as you dont notice details like that during driving.

Doubt it. I think they will be all the same as in GT5, except some that was make into premiums and are not marked by "6" on official car list.

I agree that you can't judge by these screens... except Jag. In video you can clearly see it and it is exactly the same Jag as in GT5 for sure. Just saying. Personally I prefer to have all those untouched standards than not having them at all.

PD did improve standard cars in GT5 through updates.

Does anyone have a quick comparison of that for me? A noticable improvement because I must've missed it back in the day when it happened. In case this is off-topic you can also PM me if you like. Would be greatly appreciated!

On another note:

For me, Gran Turismo 6 keeps getting better and better with every screenshot and every video that's being posted. With GT5 it was different, it kept going the other way, every screenshot had me worried more that it might not be of the high standard I was used to with the GT series. With GT6, it seems that everything that gets released makes it look better and even more importantly, more complete (I know some updates will come later, but I feel that GT6 is as much complete as launch as it has to. Releasing these updates just adds to the replayability of the thing. Perhaps I'm ridiculously optimistic about things, perhaps I'm a dreamer (quote John Lennon here for me, will ya?:P), but I believe in the product I will get).

@Jordan : Thank you for posting your impressions and the video of Brands Hatch. They truly made my day by showing the promise of GT6! That Brands Hatch video looked extremely impressive, I was even most impressed by the A.I. it showed. Massive improvement if you ask me! I like it that your opinion comes from an honest person having enjoyed many a racing game. I believe your opinion more than any reviewer in the world, especially since your going in positive and not cynical, a trait very rare among reviewers these days. You pointed out the flaws yet convinced me that GT is going to be awesome again, especially the fun part you described. This forum is great, with great people, but coming here everyday can put a stop on your enthousiasm sometimes. You restored that enthousiasm, and I think you did that for a whole lot of people! So thanks, keep it up, and keep it coming!:gtpflag:

You're all talking and judging about standards...
But did you even realise the quality of the premiums in those same "screenshots"?
We can not take any final conclusion about the quality of the standards until we see them ourselves. :)

It's obvious that GT5 standards will carry on. But I hope some "automatic clean up" when using photomode features.

Last edited:
Low poly-counts and pixelated textures are easily visible on these pictures.
Even if they're slightly improved compared to GT5, they still look like PS2 cars.
Nothing surprising though and still better than without 'em.

Here's a replay of mine from Brands Hatch:

I must apologize for the vibration in the camera, caused by the subwoofer speaker that's built into those red racing seats onto which the camera was mounted. I couldn't see that until I had loaded the video onto my computer. :irked: But you'll get an idea of what it looks like.

The AI looks feisty. Thank god. It looks as if, if I were driving a car just slightly worse than the rest of the field, I'd have a fun race.

Picture quality .... :rolleyes: (it isn't against you, abraxas)

If someone had told me that cars of video posted by Jordan were all premium, I'd have thought.
Anyway, you should not expect much .... Standard will be better finished but it does not go any further. Personally, I am satisfied with it :)

Back