GT7 September Update Predictions

This is soooo funny, I legit laughed when I saw the post on the website :lol:
Have no idea what's going on and why the support for this game is like that. Yeah, GT Sport got quite a lof of backlash in the beginning for the lack of content and you can say PD were overdoing it with the updates to make up for it, and we got kinda spoiled by that, but it's not like GT7 doesn't have issues with content. Even if it's not really bad at all with cars and tracks, there's still plenty of things to improve in that direction. Not gonna talk about events and features, since we don't know if there's any change in that yet, but I guess not much point to expect more than what we usually get. Car selling can still sneak in, I guess, but I was also pretty confident about a new track this time and it didn't end well.
Anyway, pretty excited about that Silvia!

Hahaha that is funny. Jesus PD.

I know we'll see people start saying "wait for the patch notes, the trailers only show cars/tracks" but I think we've heard that every month and every month the update is just as bad as the trailer is.

I expect the highlight of this patch to be a new California scape and if there is anything new, I'll just be pleasantly surprised.

There is far too little data to determine that there is any "cycle".
It seems pretty consistent so far.

April: new layout, no menus
May: no track, but menus
June: new track, no menus
July: no track, but menus
August: new layout, no menus
September: no track... guess we're getting new menus!
October: presumably a new track, and no menus...

Last edited:
Oh look everyone is ranting because they got hyped for stuff that was never coming.

Sure I predicted that like 2 hours ago.

And besides, why can't the social media admin be excited for the mighty recording breaking ID.R? It's a pretty special car after all.

It seems pretty consistent so far.

April: new layout, no menus
May: no track, but menus
June: new track, no menus
July: no track, but menus
August: new layout, no menus
September: no track... guess we're getting new menus!
October: presumably a new track, and no menus...
But will any of the races from the new menus (3 races per menu) pay more than 800,000 Cr. per hour, or are we doomed to grind a dry Sardegna, wet Tokyo and variable Sarthe until the heat-death of GT7?

I know we'll see people start saying "wait for the patch notes, the trailers only show cars/tracks" but I think we've heard that every month and every month the update is just as bad as the trailer is.
To be fair this response normally comes when people complain that we're not getting car selling or menus or bug fixes before the patch notes are released. And sure, they're likely to end up correct, but we don't actually know until the patch notes are released. This could be the one that gives us car selling. We can complain after the patch notes prove otherwise.

However, at this point, we know the snail's pace PD updates this game at. It doesn't matter how unfinished the singleplayer game feels to anyone, it'll never meet a decent standard at this rate.

Wait until the patchnotes people.

2 new sets of missions (8 each)
A couple of endurance races like Suzuka 1000km and Fuji 6hr, with good credit payouts. And with Maggiore Human Comedy level AI.
A new championship involving either the Red Bull cars or the F1500T with a payout of 3 million+ per hour or a championship with the GT500 Gr.2 Cars.
Selling cars
Lots of other bug fixes and quality of life improvements

Could be something like this. Worst case scenario we get half of this.

Last edited:

A couple of endurance races like Suzuka 1000km and Fuji 6hr, with good credit payouts. And with Maggiore Human Comedy level AI.
A new championship involving either the Red Bull cars or the F1500T with a payout of 3 million+ per hour or a championship with the GT500 Gr.2 Cars.
Selling cars

Worst case scenario is you get none of it, so I don't know what you're talking about.

Selling cars

I would immediately sign up for half of that, but I fear it will be much less.

Selling cars

Here we go again.

Selling cars

I need some of that hopium you're inhaling.

1664389144925.png

Sarcasm doesn't translate well to text, especially not in a forum full of wildly overblown expectations.

So far all I'm seeing is people completely thrashing on GT7's updates in both this thread and the other one that was made recently with the trailer... :lol:

My post was probably the only one with overblown expectations, and if you knew me around here (guess you didn't?) you would know how incredibly sarcastic I was being. No problem anyway...

Realistically, tomorrow we get 2 extra menus (not menu books) and 3 races that will take less than half an hour to complete... and that's all of the update done.
At least we'll have a new Time Trial tomorrow with the MP4/4 at Suzuka, and in my case, 2 million credits.

Last edited:
Realistically, I expect maybe an EV Menu Book with 3 events attached, featuring 10 lap races that pay out about 100-150k, and a 1st place AI with such insane boost that the events are only winnable with 1 or 2 exploited cars. Reward is a 6 star engine ticket because it would be funny for an EV book to give out an engine ticket.

Not sure what the other book will be. There are 3 Silvias now, so a Silvia extra menu book would make sense. I don't see them doing any events for it. Perhaps a Gr.2 event group to make up for what we lost last update with the extra menu book, but honestly that also seems unlikely.

Now that we know the cars (a big miss at the beginning of the month for me - maybe they'll shove the Silvia in Hagerty's instead of the UCD), and that there's no track (big shock considering we got new layouts last month), it's time to specify the two menu books (6 events total) and the two extra menus, and their prizes, I'm guessing are coming tomorrow:
  • Silvia extra collection menu (S13 K's...which conveniently just sold out, S14 K's and S15) - 3-star Wheel of Despair
  • Group C extra collection menu (the returning Sauber Mercedes C9 and two cars that won't be available from Hagerty's until December, which knowing my luck, will include the Mazda 787B, the one I don't have and the last one in the rotation) - 5-star Wheel of Despair
  • EV Challenge menu book, requiring a Porsche electric VGT to win...in 5 laps (and paying out the equivalent of 700,000 Cr./hour) - engine ticket (nice sense of humor, @Nebuc72)
  • Gr.2/GT500 menu book (either the larger Gr.2 or the GT500 tag will the entry requirement), requiring one of the 2016 GT500s from last month's extra menu to win in 10 laps and paying out the equivalent of 800,000 Cr./hour - parts ticket
Oh, and car selling won't be part of the update.

Last edited:
However, at this point, we know the snail's pace PD updates this game at. It doesn't matter how unfinished the singleplayer game feels to anyone, it'll never meet a decent standard at this rate.
Maybe you should lower your standards, or play a game that meets them.

Last edited:
Why should I lower my standards when they're not high to begin with? I just want a live service game that gives some stuff to do in its updates when it released with not enough to do nearly 7 months ago.
It's hard not to be disappointed when you look at the standard set by other live service games both in the racing genre, like The Crew 2 or even FH5, and in the broader medium, like basically every multiplayer FPS that's still alive today or freaking Genshin Impact.

Yeah, this is huge to be honest - the amount of times I've pulled a car out and had the wrong tires is crazy. Especially if I'm the host of the lobby, I've not got the tires I need, so have to either suck it up/use a different car or close the lobby and go and buy some. Very pleased with this!
router login

picashow

Last edited:
PD follows Nenkai tweets and doesn't release the content he anticipates just to **** with him

Last edited by a moderator:
Realistically, I expect maybe an EV Menu Book with 3 events attached, featuring 10 lap races that pay out about 100-150k, and a 1st place AI with such insane boost that the events are only winnable with 1 or 2 exploited cars. Reward is a 6 star engine ticket because it would be funny for an EV book to give out an engine ticket.

Not sure what the other book will be. There are 3 Silvias now, so a Silvia extra menu book would make sense. I don't see them doing any events for it. Perhaps a Gr.2 event group to make up for what we lost last update with the extra menu book, but honestly that also seems unlikely.
Mclaren F1 book, F1, F1GTR, F1 GTR LT, 50k for an engine ticket just for fun

Last edited:

Latest Posts

Back