GT7 September Update Predictions

Here goes my prediction on the cars:

We're getting the silhouettes on September 24th
The trailer will be released on September 28th
The update itself will be released on September 29th

The most likely structure of car selection consists of a pre-1970 car, a post 2010 car, and a car right in between (1971-2009). It's very unlikely we'll get 2 or all the cars with a really small gap between its model years. Kaz often wants to show variety with the pack, and that includes the year. One of the three should always be a race car, as every single content update had a race car featured.

Of course, all these cars are from the "uppercase" part of the datamined list, which is proving to be more likely to appear, at least at this point.

Chevrolet Corvette Convertible (C1) '58 (CORVETTE_C1_58) - The pre-1970 model. Almost every update had a vintage/classic car.

Lancia Delta S4 Rally Car '86 (DELTA_S4_RALLY_86) - The 1971-2009 model that, in this case, also counts as the legendary race car of the pack. Curiously, we're running out of race cars from that uppercase section of the list.

Lexus LFA '10 (LFA_10) - The post 2010 model. This is the fan-favorite of the update, for obvious reasons.

Last edited:
Really hoping the AZ-1 gets released, since that model has a phat Mazdaspeed model which will most likely be the first or second aero option. 👀👀👀👀👀👀👀👀
If you'd recall, the Autozam in GT5 and GT6 had plenty of customisation options, including a Mazdaspeed-style wing. So those parts are likely to return.

1663674952823.png

Why can't we get a new daily race every day? Why do we have to wait for a week?
I think that for the way the Sport mode races are structured, it is better to have this weekly update. You qualify, you get more experience taking certain corners with that specific car, you race, you get more experience racing with others, you try again to improve your qualifying lap time so that you climb your grid position, change car to see which one suits you best to get the fastest lap time, an so on. All of this takes time. Days. If you change the race after one day, then there's no progression whatsoever. You are not fully concentrated on that track.

However, it is true that having only 3 races is very boring: A is for the slow cars, B is for the performant Gr.3 or GR4, C is basically a mini-endurance formula (not for everybody). They just copy-pasted the very limited GT Sport. I thought they would add a lot more races to choose from.

I think that for the way the Sport mode races are structured, it is better to have this weekly update. You qualify, you get more experience taking certain corners with that specific car, you race, you get more experience racing with others, you try again to improve your qualifying lap time so that you climb your grid position, change car to see which one suits you best to get the fastest lap time, an so on. All of this takes time. Days. If you change the race after one day, then there's no progression whatsoever. You are not fully concentrated on that track.

However, it is true that having only 3 races is very boring: A is for the slow cars, B is for the performant Gr.3 or GR4, C is basically a mini-endurance formula (not for everybody). They just copy-pasted the very limited GT Sport. I thought they would add a lot more races to choose from.
The point was why are they called daily races.

NRA
Last ditch prediction for next weeks' Update 1.22

1. Racing:
Honda Castrol MUGEN NSX '00 [First GT500 update] --or-- AMG Mercedes 190E 2.5-16 Evo. II '92 [First DTM update]

2. Modern Production:
Bugatti Chiron '16 [First French vehicle update] --or-- Ferrari 812 Superfast '19

3. Vintage/Classic/Retro:
HONDA (SEMA GT Awards Winner 2017: Phil Robles') 1992 Civic EX --or-- MAZDA 90's vehicle

Circuit Update: Autumn Ring --or-- Sportsland Sugo [First ASIA circuit/variant update]
This is my favorite prediction and it follows the layout of the updates so far, hopefully this one is the most likely.

The point was why are they called daily races.
Because apparently they were daily when GTS came out and then PD started updating them weekly and never changed the name.
They weren't changed daily until two weeks after launch. The first two sets lasted a week each - although the first one was closer to ten days given it was available before launch too.
It changed back to weekly updates in July 2018.

As for the name... it's just because there's organised races every day.

I still lean towards Apricot Hill or Mid-Field Raceway as immediate potential additions, they along with High Speed Ring were the most up to date Original circuits for Gran Turismo so they already are more or less are set for the HSR treatment in having barely much work beyond giving that touch up for last and current gen consoles (Maybe at most some environmental changes to better place them in the real world, which would again make for an interesting guessing game of where they would be placed).

Last edited:
I still lean towards Apricot Hill or Mid-Field Raceway as immediate potential additions, they along with High Speed Ring were the most up to date Original circuits for Gran Turismo so they already are more or less are set for the HSR treatment in having barely much work beyond giving that touch up for last and current gen consoles (Maybe at most some environmental changes to better place them in the real world, which would again make for an interesting guessing game of where they would be placed).
PD works in mysterious ways. Although I completely agree that Apricot Hill and Midfield Raceway doesn't need a huge rework (and PD kinda teased Apricot before GT 7 launch), I wouldn't be surprised if they give us a completely redone Grand Valley Speedway first.

Last edited:
Why can't we just get a new car every week? Why do we have to have monthly content updates?
Weekly? there's no monetary incentive to be that nice. The foundation for monthly was set with GT sport, and that's what they'll try to stick to, for continuity sake if anything. Maybe if this were a PC exclusive title it could be different... but then you're dreaming

Last edited:
Weekly? there's no monetary incentive to be that nice. The foundation for monthly was set with GT sport, and that's what they'll try to stick to, for continuity sake if anything. Maybe if this were a PC exclusive title it could be different... but then you're dreaming
Well three cars per month, plus a circuit or events, are like once a week DLC.

September update prediction:

• Cut prize money in half for events
  • Delete Tokyo track
  • Delete top 3 most sold cars
  • Streamline sport mode to 3 events only per week (no lobby)
  • Increase damage
  • Slow AI for custom races
Car prices at the dealer have now increased to include freight and delivery as well as dealer markups, rustproofing, security etching, to closer reflect reality. Also, there is a random chance the car will disappear from your garage to reflect the current rising rates of car theft.

The “PD could have chosen any other cars but these three“ gtplanet Members’ complaint prediction:

• Mazda Roadster RF
  • Toyota Alphard
  • Mitsubishi Starion

or
  • Volvo V40
  • Toyota Alphard
  • Mazda Roadster RS

or
  • Corvette C1
  • RX-7 Type R
  • Audi TTS

or if current trends are what we’re seeing from recent DLC: