GTA V - General Thread

• Thread starter Hollidog
  • 9,032 comments
Come on guys, a days not going to make much of a difference really is it? Trust me I'm looking forward to this game as much as the next person, but in a month from now are you really gong to remember the fact you got the game a day or so later than some people?

I get what your saying, and you are probably right, but when you pay £40+ of YOUR OWN money, you should at least get your game on time. I'm not bothered about getting the game game early, (although I would gladly have that happen:P) but I should not expect to pre-order a game and receive it late, as it defeats the whole object of pre-ordering in the first place.

I'm sure I'll receive it on time, but now thanks to a pointless request from Rockstar, I may even get the game late.

I get what your saying, and you are probably right, but when you pay £40+ of YOUR OWN money, you should at least get your game on time. I'm not bothered about getting the game game early, (although I would gladly have that happen:P) but I should not expect to pre-order a game and receive it late, as it defeats the whole object of pre-ordering in the first place.

I'm sure I'll receive it on time, but now thanks to a pointless request from Rockstar, I may even get the game late.

I've preordered from GAME and I'm 100% we'll get it on release day.

I've preordered from GAME and I'm 100% we'll get it on release day.

Yep, I'm fairly confident because the Royal Mail around here tends to be O.K. But if you live in an area where the mail is poor, you may get it late.

I see you live in Birmingham, and there's a RM warehouse thingy there so you should get in on time.

That and I work for RM :P

Just 'borrow' a copy then! :P Joking aside, I've always had pre-orders delivered fuss-free through RM, typically a day before, and I live in a rural area! There seems to be a pretty unfair reputation of 'dodgy posties'.

My Game SE pre-order showed up as 'shipped' yesterday (which is curiously exactly the same as all my previous preorders still show up as) so fingers crossed for a definite Tuesday delivery.

Also, there seems to be a common theme with Amazon.co.uk, Northern Ireland, and early deliveries...

I didn't preorder. I've been thinking of Tuesday quite a bit. I'm going to get up, go buy a cigar, smoke it, then drive to the store and buy GTA V, stop and buy another cigar on the way home, and smoke that while the game is loading.
PS, I quite smoking a year ago, that's how big this game is to me.

Last edited:
XS
I didn't preorder. I've been thinking of Tuesday quite a bit. I'm going to get up, go buy a cigar, smoke it, then drive to the store and buy GTA IV, stop and buy another cigar on the way home, and smoke that while the game is loading.
PS, I quite smoking a year ago, that's how big this game is to me.

You're gonna buy IV again? Lol.

I'm watching the goodgame stream and all he is currently doing is, dieing... He died like 5 or 6 times in the last 15 minutes :lol:.

I'm watching the goodgame stream and all he is currently doing is, dieing... He died like 5 or 6 times in the last 15 minutes :lol:.
He was just playing missions earlier, so glad he's doing something else. Poor bastard died going for the Titan, though. Sooo close. :lol:

Yeah drives the car up and blerg dead before he could even step out :lol:.

Edit: Seems he likes dieing.. A few more to add to his list.. :P

Last edited:
Watching it too. Dude just drowned.

Seems a waste if true that Rockstar paid a guy to stop streaming the other day. Only a matter of hours before hundreds more vids/streams pop up and become too much effort to block.

I've also watched a lot and not had anything spolied yet.

Watching it too. Dude just drowned.

Seems a waste if true that Rockstar paid a guy to stop streaming the other day. Only a matter of hours before hundreds more vids/streams pop up and become too much effort to block.

I've also watched a lot and not had anything spolied yet.

I don't think R* paid him. I think they would have sent him a Cease and Desist notice.

Yeah the Breddpit guy doesn't seem to have much luck.. :lol:

Its still pretty damn stupid to be leaking footage on a game with an NDA. If Rockstar paid $270 million to make GTA V, you better be prepared for their lawyers.

Luckily (Unluckily) for us we have to wait for the game to arrive on release day :P.

Man, somebody is lucky. I still gotta wait for my copy to arrive! :( I'm still waiting for Gamestop to email me to get the game out soon.

I have it on the value shipping, so I hope they sent an email to me today. :nervous: or should I change the delivery and shipping? Any advice?

Last edited:
My friend download and i had a chance to watch him playing. In comparing to GTA 4:

Cars are much better do drive.

Game mechanics is slightly improved.

Shooting does not have that terrible wobble anymore so it's also improved.

Game looks BIG, it's huge. Things you can do are just mind blowing :) Can't wait for my Disc to arrive.

E28
There seems to be a pretty unfair reputation of 'dodgy posties'.

It only takes one...

Having said that, there was a complete numpty at my old sorting office. My wife tried sending postcards to Japan and they kept coming back to my address despite the Royal Mail airmail stamps.

Unfortunately I have witnessed that some RM employees seems to be lacking in the brain cell department, some of those are managers as well. :S

XS
LOL, no, V it keeps wanting to autocorrect to IV. If I recall correctly I'm the third person to do that in the past day or so lol Apple users unite!

I had this problem. Done it a few times now. I actually went into my auto correct setting and made "GTAV" autocorrect to "Grand Theft Auto V".

Back