GTAV - General Off Road Discussion | LS 4x4 Crew

• Thread starter CodeRedR51
  • 3,098 comments
Status
Not open for further replies.
I've been doing a bit of solo wheeling lately, here's my current go-to 4x4:
image-jpg.211601

Ok, the only 'Big' Mesa I've seen are the Merryweather ones, but they ALL have full outer roll bars, when, where, and how ?? PLEASE !!! :dopey:
I have a couple of MWs already with full roll cages but now I want one of these.

Ok, the only 'Big' Mesa I've seen are the Merryweather ones, but they ALL have full outer roll bars, when, where, and how ?? PLEASE !!! :dopey:
I have a couple of MWs already with full roll cages but now I want one of these.
A "save editor" was used to remove the roll bars, but it was a fellow crew member that gave it to me. After editing, the old SP to MP glitch was used, and then a dupe glitch to give it to me. That was quite some time ago, there have been many patches since. I'm not currently aware of any safe duping methods, but I'll keep an eye out.

A "save editor" was used to remove the roll bars, but it was a fellow crew member that gave it to me. After editing, the old SP to MP glitch was used, and then a dupe glitch to give it to me. That was quite some time ago, there have been many patches since. I'm not currently aware of any safe duping methods, but I'll keep an eye out.
Ahh.
Well I have access to one of the 'editors' not sure if it still works after the latest patch, also not sure if it works for online characters. Thanks, I'll try later.

If you get a friend to order mercenaries after you in Online then they come in the Mesa

This is how I got mine. The ways of getting them through missions is patched and gone, as far as I know this is the only way left.

This is how I got mine. The ways of getting them through missions is patched and gone, as far as I know this is the only way left.
Can still store vehicles from missions. The process is just different now.

Take vehicle back to freemode.
Drive to mission marker.
Get out of vehicle in mission marker.
Quit deathmatch/race/whatever you stepped into.
Upon returning to freemode, the vehicle will spawn close to you.

Once you do that, in that order, you can take it to your garage or LSC and it will be available for storing/insuring.

Edit: Helped a friend with this yesterday after he took a Western Daemon from a gang attack.

Anyone have experience with PC modding? I'm making a list of the 4x4 stuff I would like to change/improve in the PC version when it's released and am not sure if some of it would be possible. Also, if anyone has anything to add to this list, any ideas would be great.

This is what I have so far:

• Improve 4x4 system (power to all four wheels)
  • Improve traction of off road tires
  • Move reverse gear to separate button so brake button is for brakes only
  • Disable headlight/spotlight auto shut off (push the button - they stay on until you turn them off)
  • Manual transmission? (possible to map gear changes to up/down buttons?)

Depending on how Rockstar handles their game files, it should just be a matter of changing values in a game file. Not very hard to do. I don't know about custom control input though.

The Duneloader still isn't a 4x4 like it should be, although I can't see if there is a diff on the front with that giant skidplate blocking the view.

Depending on how Rockstar handles their game files, it should just be a matter of changing values in a game file. Not very hard to do. I don't know about custom control input though.

The Duneloader still isn't a 4x4 like it should be, although I can't see if there is a diff on the front with that giant skidplate blocking the view.
Yeah that would be the first order of business, to fix all the vehicles that should be 4WD.

Another is to add/build our own 4x4 trails, but that's mainly textures and should be fairly easy.

No differential on the front of the Duneloader but I don't think it should matter. The vehicle it's sourced from was a 4x4.

Whay exactly is the Duneloader? Is it a Jeep?

Edit

I was way off... it's a Dodge Power Wagon/ Studebaker US6.

Originally, I thought it was a Kaiser Jeep M715 - which would be the Canis Bodhi :dopey:.

Last edited:
My lame powered laptop barely runs it at about 15fps. Don't like the camera angles either. I'll have to give it another try and pause the time so it doesn't end up at night.

Awful camera angles is one thing that turns a lot of people away.

Agree, supposed to be fixed soon. I did learn to cope with it. Just got bored playing alone.

Anyone willing to join me? If so PM and we can meet up.

Hello! Completely new here, website and all.

I would love to join, but would anyone be interested in doing a boys weekend sometime? All it consists of is taking a 4x4 out to the wilderness for a couple in-game days. I like to bring my Sandking with a quad in the back, which I may think about borrowing off someone so it doesn't disappear :P

I have a hot rod too, if anyone wants to do highway cruising.

PSN: Yockola
Social Club: Yockola

Last edited:
Can someone tell me if the links for the maps in the OP still work for you? Can't tell if they are broken or if my crappy netbook just won't load them.

My iphone is unable to load them, but I'm not sure if that's really saying much. :crazy:

So let me ask you this, are they too large or just right to find what you need? If they were say, half the current size, would they still be readable?

Edit: Also, I may close this thread down shortly and start a new one. Kind of a "fresh start". May happen tonight.

Might be worth splitting up the image into sections if it's possible, that way it still keeps the details needed, but doesn't have the unused areas like the city of Los Santos. Plus, it makes it easier to load for those with lower ram/internet speeds.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back