(GTOR) | [FGT] Formula GT Championship - IMMORTALPILOT and Ferrari Win the Inaugral Season!Finished 

Should the safety car rule stay?

• Total voters
well servers were playing up and a few people missing but thanks to those who stuck it out 👍

I was chuffed with my pace first and thought could battle for 4th no problem. But then running with damage, and no tyres at 200mph is just not good for the car :lol: even at 70mph the car was undriveable :(

Ah well, hopefully we get the others turn up for spa, which should be a good race

Yeah it was a great race, nice win Immortal! :cheers:

I had low expectations going into the race late and with no practice but I managed to find good pace pretty quickly. Qualified 2nd behind Immortal which I was happy with knowing that I'd have a good chance to overtake on Mulsanne. But I had a pretty good start and tried to make a move early on, and managed to get past Immortal pretty quickly. It was an insanely cool battle, well worth watching in the replay! lol we were millimetres apart side by side.

From then on I managed my pace and tried to look after my tyres, but Immortal managed to get in my slipstream again on lap 3. I let him overtake me after the 1st straight but managed to get him back on the 2nd. We were then side by side up to the heavy braking zone at the end of Mulsanne and I managed to outbrake him and pull away slightly again. With Evo also closely behind.

Unfortunately though as my tyres became worn, my rear was less stable and I touched the kerb at the first chicane which sent me into a tank slapper which I wasn't able to recover from and so I hit the wall :( Pretty gutting as I thought I had a decent chance for the win but these things happen sometimes. I'm just really happy with my pace, it was brilliant to race wheel to wheel with @IMMORTALPILOT. I think that's the first decent battle I've had with u up close mate.

After my crash though, I knew that 3rd should be safe so I tried an alternate strategy which was the 2 stop. Soft, soft, hard in the hope that immortal or evo might've messed up fuel intake. But they hadn't :P At least I ended up with fastest lap which is a bonus :lol:

Next one should be good, hopefully my new roll bar settings will help at Spa (which Arty told me after the race to use lmao), but it seemed to give me much better rear grip and traction. Which I've been struggling with so far. The TRL setup looks impressive!

After an unfortunate crash with Arty, I had to crawl to the pits with a damaged engine (240kph top speed on Mulsanne :lol: ). Then I was surprised by the pit stop menu popping up, I still had my foot on the throttle. For those who use a pad the throttle pedal is the same as pressing the X button in the menus. A GREAT idea by the way :D

So it confirmed the (crappy) default settings before I could do anything; the mechanics filled my tank to the top (thanks :banghead:) and re-fitted the same compound (icing on the cake it was the hard compound) meaning I had to stop again although I was planing to stop only once.

That forced me to take 300% more risks to catch up and I crashed and spun several time.
An absolutely AWFUL race on my side :lol:

Congratulation to Chris on being able once more to challenge Evo and Immortal. You're stunningly impressive guys 👍

Last edited:
Formula GT Championship
Round 8 // French GP

Circuit de la Sarthe 2013_9.jpg

The most unconventional track of the calendar, but the fight between Immortal, Evolution and Chris was more heated than ever ! For those who have the replay saved, just watch the first laps; Evo and Immo side by side on Mulsanne straight, the first who brake looses. Then Chris being pressured by Immortal until he made a mistake that probably costed him the win. And at mid race Evo came back on Immortal for a last man standing fight...
Crazy.

Quickest strategy was one stopper.

Circuit de la Sarthe 2013.jpg

(someone know why we can't click on the pictures anymore ?)

Circuit de la Sarthe 2013_15.jpg

Circuit de la Sarthe 2013_1.jpg

Circuit de la Sarthe 2013_2.jpg
Circuit de la Sarthe 2013_4.jpg
Circuit de la Sarthe 2013_3.jpg
Circuit de la Sarthe 2013_6.jpg
Circuit de la Sarthe 2013_7.jpg
Circuit de la Sarthe 2013_5.jpg
Circuit de la Sarthe 2013_8.jpg

Little off track excursion for StormPacer.
Circuit de la Sarthe 2013_11.jpg
Circuit de la Sarthe 2013_13.jpg
Circuit de la Sarthe 2013_10.jpg

By constantly playing at who brakes last, you end locking up your front right wheel sooner or later. :D
Circuit de la Sarthe 2013_12.jpg

Can somebody stop this man ?
:nervous:
Circuit de la Sarthe 2013_14.jpg

GT /AUS /SPA /MON /AUT /GBR /GER /FRA /BEL /ITA /JPN /USA

Last edited:
After an unfortunate crash with Arty, I had to crawl to the pits with a damaged engine (240kph top speed on Mulsanne :lol: ). Then I was surprised by the pit stop menu popping up, I still had my foot on the throttle. For those who use a pad the throttle pedal is the same as pressing the X button in the menus. A GREAT idea by the way :D

So it confirmed the (crappy) default settings before I could do anything; the mechanics filled my tank to the top (thanks :banghead:) and re-fitted the same compound (icing on the cake it was the hard compound) meaning I had to stop again although I was planing to stop only once.

That forced me to take 300% more risks to catch up and I crashed and spun several time.
An absolutely AWFUL race on my side :lol:

Congratulation to Chris on being able once more to challenge Evo and Immortal. You're stunningly impressive guys 👍

Sorry about that! I went off wide and lifted to let you pass, and then thinking 'huh where is he?' and all of a sudden your car appeared sideways in front of me like a great white shark circling his prey - but my car took a bite out of yours instead!

Sorry about that! I went off wide and lifted to let you pass, and then thinking 'huh where is he?' and all of a sudden your car appeared sideways in front of me like a great white shark circling his prey - but my car took a bite out of yours instead!

:lol:

It's not your fault, I didn't see you at first because of the dust and when I did I swiftly turned left to avoid you and touched the grass then spun...

Back