GTP_WRS (GT5) Week 90 : Super (GT) Suzuka

• Thread starter EDK
  • 144 comments
I've got a question. I found a video, pretty good one too I might add, of someone hotlapping this very car on this track in arcade mode. Am I allowed to post the link here as a type of aid to help others with their driving line, shift points, etc who may be having problems. I found it to be pretty helpful to me and maybe it could help someone else also.

I've got a question. I found a video, pretty good one too I might add, of someone hotlapping this very car on this track in arcade mode. Am I allowed to post the link here as a type of aid to help others with their driving line, shift points, etc who may be having problems. I found it to be pretty helpful to me and maybe it could help someone else also.

It's fine, but I'd rather not see it take away from the central discussion of our competition. i.e., a lot of speculation about the tires and aids the driver in a video might be running, and then insinuation about whattime is possible, or whether or not that time is possible, skirt the edge of our rules.

Honestly, anyone that knows how to use Google and wants to see it is going to find it at this point. So it might just be best to leave it at that.

Slower at the split but much faster at the line...that's about all you need to know about my T3. Still plenty of time for me to find.

EDK
It's fine, but I'd rather not see it take away from the central discussion of our competition. i.e., a lot of speculation about the tires and aids the driver in a video might be running, and then insinuation about whattime is possible, or whether or not that time is possible, skirt the edge of our rules.

Honestly, anyone that knows how to use Google and wants to see it is going to find it at this point. So it might just be best to leave it at that.

Alright, no problem then, I won't post the link.

Arrggggghhh!! Power outage in my city left me with no electricity and 32C temperature for 36 incredibly hot hours.
No GT5,no TV which was great, talking to the wife at candlelight, very much 18th century lifestyle
Will try my best to post some semi-decent sector times this weekend

New splits.
Only 30 minutes in the seat before my back gave me problems. Maybe I can get more time in before the deadline.

Starting to get a rhythm but still need to find too much time in sector 1

Last edited:
I am still .2XX short of my PB in T1 so I will keep trying, I also got on the gas too quick coming out of the chicane in T3 :( there is still .3XX out there for me. Little one woke up from her nap so it was time to put the wheel away this afternoon.

This was B/B 1/7 ABS 10

Al

Had a mid .5 at second sector but missed every corner possible in the last.

Afther last weeks warm up, I will now start for real :) It is a track wich I havn't run during my 7 month stay in the WRS, not in TT not in race. Need to learn a lot here...

Found a lot improvment in first sector, now I need to figure out T2.

Last edited:
Awesome, just figured out all this time that I've had the brake balence backwards, lol. (9/1) You guys should try it, makes for a pretty fustrating session, good for the blood pressure, lol. I don't usually adjust the brake balance on the fly like that so I guess thats where I got mixed up. So, I guess I'm good to go now!

Alright, now that I have gotten the brake balance straightened out, lol, here are my splits so far. Lots of time left out their on the track, but taking a break to watch the NASCAR Nationwide race.

Have had better 2nd sectors, but this ones the best overall so far.

I am back at it after a short brake, as i was with out a sim rig for almost a month. I sold my old set up and did an upgrade. \Now I just have too get used too the new wheel and pedal set.

First run back from Holidays, bit rusty :(

Good to see you back, Stef will love the competition 👍

I am back at it after a short brake, as i was with out a sim rig for almost a month. I sold my old set up and did an upgrade. \Now I just have too get used too the new wheel and pedal set.

That goes for you aswell, good to see you back 👍

New splits :

Last edited:
Sorry, but just have to rant for a minute, lol. I've been at it for the last hour or so with no improvement. I've been up by as much as .600 on my ghost but always seem to lose it by the end of the lap. I have hit certain turns perfectly but can't seem to duplicate it or string them all together and its really pissing me off. I know the perfect line and I'm almost there, so close but yet so far away. I can feel the greatness wanting to burst forth, but for whatever reason, it hides away by laps end. I tell you, I am right on the edge of greatness here, lol. Just one flick of the wheel, one dab of the brake away of busting out into greatness, lol. Alright, I'm done.

Seriously tho, if I can just settle down and put a decent lap together, I might come out with a pretty good lap. If anyone has any tips, it would be appreciated. I seem to start losing all my time after the 2nd right hander after all the ess turns. I can see its going to be a long night into the morning hours.

Hope you enjoyed my attempt at humor in my opening statement, lol. Just needed to let off some steam and take a break for a minute. Girlfriend is out of town again so its pretty lonely here, just needed someone to talk to, lol. Alright, off I go for another session, wish me luck, lol.

Mitch.

Happens to me too Mitch. Ran my best first sector, but then left some in sector 2. But I managed to stay 0.125 in front of my ghost.... think this will be it for me...

Last edited:
Yah its thoses last cople of corners that get me I get a good run I am ahead of my ghost by a second or so and I slow down too much for fear of blowing it:rolleyes:

Haven't had any more time with this combo. Most likely won't submit unless I do get more time because 5 laps isn't enough of an effort from me.

Back