GTP_WRS Pit Box : Want to chat? - Need help? Post here.

• Thread starter Sjaak
  • 2,684 comments
That site is pretty interesting. Learned a couple of things already. I'll look at scaff's tune info soon.

Thanks Steven,

JWB
You're very welcome, and if you need more advice or links just say the word 👍

Just sharing. Great video! I'm glad my playseat doesn't jerk me around like this car.

It's the Ferrari 599xx & it posted the faster lap at N ring for a production car!

jwb

Last edited:
Just a heads up to everyone. I'm going LAN racing for this weekend, and am packing up the setup now. So the Week 80 WRS will not be posted until Monday, a little later than normal, but before week 79 deadline. I hope you'll all forgive me. ;)

For GTP_Tag members in WRS. or planning to join WRS. I've started a WRS room in the online chat, this room requires a password.

If you would like to join in the chat with other members you can drop me a pm, or just come along to the live chat lobby and someone will invite you in.

Phillip

Last edited:
Good to see that the WRS is still going strong. I haven't been around for a while, but I've been busy with work too much. Time for holidays :D (2 weeks to go)

Hey Bart, nice to see you around. All well on your end of the country? ;)

On a different note ...

When GT5 arrives in November the admins will have to make a decision about the new WRS qualifier for the new game. Obviously it would have to be a combo where both the track and car selected are easily available in the game, i.e. without having to make much game progress.

My idea would be to select Suzuka as the track for the new qualifier. It's a track everybody knows, not only the current members but also the large number of all those newly interested in the game. Keeping in mind that the physics engine in GT5 is largely comparable to Prologue, this would give a good base for the new divisions in GTP and WRS.

To choose a car ... well it'd be nice to pick the F430 to complete the analogy with the previous qualifier, but that car will arguably not be readily available.

Just my $0.02 :D

Copied from the leaderboard discussion thread.... i think i might of put it in the wrong one :ouch:

I was wondering what everyone thought about opening a thread for GT5 WRS. Just somewhere to get some ideas flowing, maybe discuss things that organisers have thought about already, generally get some input from the people who are using it to possibly get the best out of it. I also thought it would be a good place for people to express an interest in helping to run the WRS. I'm expecting the work load for the new GT5 edition to be absolutely massive, if people have skills maybe EDK and co could take advantage.

I was just going to make the thread but thought i'd give the chance to people who will be organising it to do so first. Personally, i'd hoped we could discuss things like this:

• GTP tags, will we be using them anymore?

Personally it will be a massive pain in the butt for people like me if we were to keep the same format. I know its been long established but I have a main profile for which most all of my games are played on. Not only that its where most of my friends are, and the thought of playing GT5 twice simultaneously is pretty daunting.

• WRS qualifier, new divisions for a new game?

It would be nice if we had a new qualifier in my opinion. There are lots of people who have improved considerably since i started playing here. Unfortunately they havent moved on up the ladder as there may be people margainly better than them, they do still deserve a promotion though, so a new division qualifier could see them in a more suitable league. Also, i think it'd be great to utilise a car and track that GTPrologue veterans, and everyone else for that matter, havent experienced before. It kind of levels the playing field leaving nothing but talent to get you to the top.

On a side note, i notice people coming into the WRS in a division they clearly dont belong in, having sand bagged the qualifier to get a result in the first few races among people they clearly have the jump on. I dont think its fair, and maybe i'd like to see something introduced where by if your first WRS entry is far beyond your qualification standing ability (:embarrassed: breathe! lol), you must go back and qualify again having your first entry dismissed or stricken. Just a thought.

So what does everybody think? Worth the discussion or leave it to the people who run the site? I'm sure they'd like to impliment all of our ideas, but there has to be some sort of compromise somewhere. They cant please everyone, so is it better not dissapoint anyone and and run the show from behind the scenes?

• gtp tags, will we be using them anymore?
personally it will be a massive pain in the butt for people like me if we were to keep the same format. I know its been long established but i have a main profile for which most all of my games are played on. Not only that its where most of my friends are, and the thought of playing gt5 twice simultaneously is pretty daunting.

In GT5P you can copy the game data to a new account.
It would be a great surprise if it is not possible in GT5.
The main reason for using the GTP_tag is that everybody using the tag agreed to the Online Racing Rules.
The tag stands for clean and honourable racers which shows in for example off-line competitions like the WRS.

• WRS qualifier, new divisions for a new game?
It would be nice if we had a new qualifier in my opinion. There are lots of people who have improved considerably since i started playing here. Unfortunately they havent moved on up the ladder as there may be people margainly better than them, they do still deserve a promotion though, so a new division qualifier could see them in a more suitable league. Also, i think it'd be great to utilise a car and track that GTPrologue veterans, and everyone else for that matter, havent experienced before. It kind of levels the playing field leaving nothing but talent to get you to the top.

Yes,there will be a new qualifier and yes,with a new car and track.
It is tradition that with every new edition of GT we create a new qualifier.
Also for the reasons you gave yourself.👍

sofar:
GT3-Midfield - Mit. rally car
GT4-Infinion - BWM M3
GT5P-Suzuka - Ferrari 430 (before update spec III)
GT5P-Suzuka East - Nissan Skyline Coupe (thanks Maz)
GT5P-Fuji - RX-7

Still no concrete plans though for a new GT5 qualifier till we actually can play the game and feel the physics and handling.

On a side note, i notice people coming into the WRS in a division they clearly dont belong in, having sand bagged the qualifier to get a result in the first few races among people they clearly have the jump on. I dont think its fair, and maybe i'd like to see something introduced where by if your first WRS entry is far beyond your qualification standing ability (:embarrassed: breathe! lol), you must go back and qualify again having your first entry dismissed or stricken. Just a thought

If people sandbagged to get a good result or just have been lazy to run enough qualifier laps,yes ,your thought is a good one.👍
One to use when creating the new qualifier.

Last edited:
sofar:
GT3-Midfield - Mit. rally car
GT4-Infinion - BWM M3
GT5P-Suzuka - Ferrari 430 (before update)
GT5P-Fuji - RX-7

Don't forget the incredibly short-lived spec III qualifier, the Nissan Skyline coupe - Suzuka East before it was changed to RX7 at Fuji, that Nissan is what I, DHolland and Mad94D qualified for the registry with :) 👍

All the best
Maz

snippety!

Thanks for the response and information there sjaak. I still wonder if it would be a good idea to have a thread for everyones input. Although I do agree that until we know slightly more about the finished product it would probably be wiser to wait.

I'm hoping for the WRS' sake that GT5 game saves arent write protected though. There will be a lot of new members come the release of the game and i'll go out on a limb and say not all of them will want to have two separate accounts. If I remember right though, i think the possibility of making teams/clans in GT5 was mentioned as being possible, solving the problem right there if thats the case.

Nice to hear we'll be getting a brand new track for the qualifier, seriously cant wait for that. And also that you're open to suggetion, which is good for everyone involved.

Thanks for all the great work. And to everyone else involved for that matter.
I'm sure GT5 WRS will be a great success! 👍

oh!! one more thing... I'm not able to post or quote in the most recent WRS archive entry. Is that normal? I didnt know if they were there just to look at and not touch. I mean write in! :lol: Not a massive problem, i just wanted to say thanks to the guys who commented on my video.

If you're reading.... Thankyou 👍

Thanks for all the great work. And to everyone else involved for that matter.
I'm sure GT5 WRS will be a great success! 👍

I'll second that!! 👍

oh!! one more thing... I'm not able to post or quote in the most recent WRS archive entry. Is that normal? I didnt know if they were there just to look at and not touch. I mean write in! :lol: Not a massive problem, i just wanted to say thanks to the guys who commented on my video.

If you're reading.... Thankyou 👍

As far as the archives, they are somewhat, locked.
Only looky, no touch!

:lol:
Good job on posting in the appropriate thread. I'm sure your efforts will be noted and your reprimand will be reserved for another day. :P

That said, thanks for the warm welcome. :)
I'd been looking forward to getting back into GT with gt5p... Looks like it will be more of the same experience I had for all those years (a great and highly rewarding experience).

A few questions I have that I can't seem to find the answers to yet... (and I hope this is the right place to post them)

Firstly, if one only posts the split times in the thread (i.e. T1, T2), how does Fetchbot determine the final (total) lap time? Or does it not do the final

Secondly, if I am using a steering wheel that is not a G25, G27 or DFGT, how will Fetchbot recognise that I'm using a wheel? I currently have a Logitech Formula Force EX, basically an old DFGT without the 900deg ability (I know, I know, I should upgrade, all in good time).

Sorry if these have been asked before but having looked around for quite a while, either I'm blind, slow, or both!

TIA

A few questions I have that I can't seem to find the answers to yet... (and I hope this is the right place to post them)

Firstly, if one only posts the split times in the thread (i.e. T1, T2), how does Fetchbot determine the final (total) lap time? Or does it not do the final

Secondly, if I am using a steering wheel that is not a G25, G27 or DFGT, how will Fetchbot recognise that I'm using a wheel? I currently have a Logitech Formula Force EX, basically an old DFGT without the 900deg ability (I know, I know, I should upgrade, all in good time).

Sorry if these have been asked before but having looked around for quite a while, either I'm blind, slow, or both!

TIA

Hi Renesis.

I see you joined back in 2005 so you know the form, first off the leaderboard this week will only pick you your splits that you input (some weeks its laptime or both)

Read the full OP that EDK has posted, you'll see that you submit your full lap time to Admin at the end of this weeks WRS (week 95) keep your best lap replay incase your one of the top 3 in your Division.

Fetchbot may well pick up your ffex, if not just write Wheel or put as DFGT/G25/G27 all that is needed is wheel or pad as far as I know.

Hope that covered everything.

Phillip.

Just wondering what peoples gaming setups consist of. I've got logitech g25 mounted on a wheelstandpro. I play sitting on my couch, with a couple of cushions to provide back support! Set about 6ft back from a 40" Samsung 1080p, and sound is supplied through a onkyo 5.1 setup with the av receiver being a Tx-sr577.

I got PVC drainage pipes connected as my cockpit structure/frame, where i put a BMW E30 '84-'01 3 series driver seat (retrieved from salvage yard), Set up my DFGT on-board.

Viewing a 50inch plasma from samsung (720p)
Listening through an Onkio receiver that sends noise through the 7 speakers built in the house/wall..

you can see a picture of it in my profile.

Would like to find out if its possible to change my psn id that I'm currently using to race, will I loose any points to date if I change my psn id and would I have to redo the quali?

Would like to find out if its possible to change my psn id that I'm currently using to race, will I loose any points to date if I change my psn id and would I have to redo the quali?

You won't need to re-do the quali as long as you don't delete your current GTPlanet user ID and create a new one. If you change your PSN ID in your User Control panel and inform EDK or Sjaak of the change, that'll be sufficient 👍

All the best
Maz

You won't need to re-do the quali as long as you don't delete your current GTPlanet user ID and create a new one. If you change your PSN ID in your User Control panel and inform EDK or Sjaak of the change, that'll be sufficient 👍

All the best
Maz

Hallo everyone!
I am really a newcomer and I would like that someone help me.If I understood correctly I need to drive at my home offline Fuji F track with this car mazda RX7 and to submit my time so admins could considered am I good enough to become a part of the team?Real need that someone clearify me these things!I really have a lot of time and like to compete.Not a bad driver hope so!

DEA
Hallo everyone!
I am really a newcomer and I would like that someone help me.If I understood correctly I need to drive at my home offline Fuji F track with this car mazda RX7 and to submit my time so admins could considered am I good enough to become a part of the team?Real need that someone clearify me these things!I really have a lot of time and like to compete.Not a bad driver hope so!

Hi DEA.

Yes that is correct. Run some laps and submit your best lap to see where you get placed 👍

Back