GTP_WRS Pit Box : Want to chat? - Need help? Post here.

• Thread starter Sjaak
  • 2,684 comments
11172016_porsche911_980x660_v2.jpg

another new GT3 car.....
i wonder how badly the idiots at Le Mans can BOP it out of next year's race

65 mustang brochure 1.JPG

This is the brochure that I used in 1965....note the 2plus2 and the convertible without the fake air scoop. This was called a C Stripe and looked much better.
if I posted this before write it off to GRS....

https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/threads/wrs-vln-endurance-and-parity-racing.339327/

racing today at 1300 central ( zulu minus 8). see LAST posts on above thread. We will be racing every Sunday at the Nordschiefe simulating the Rings VLN series. Racing will be a mixture of 30 minute boost races and 90 minute endurance races. Today will be 30 minute races as we fine tune boost and fuel settings and show all how pace car works

(Quote from elsewhere)
I only just discovered that the warning the console sometimes gives when copying foreign saves (replays!) isn't without consequence: not usable as a ghost.
Well, I had the idea that it may be only partially so. Indeed, tried Free Run (from garage, offline) and was able to load in a replay at ARR. It's curious, I'm guessing seasonal events would NOT accept a name discrepancy? Otherwise it doesn't make all that much sense.

I seem to know - not in on these things - seasonal events don't accept replays that aren't from... seasonals. To recap, the arcade tt is stricter than 'free r' but less so than seasonals, as 'free r' replays are accepted. I don't know whether the last example also has to be an own replay.

The best no brainer setup for making money IMHO is Le Mans 24 min. use tomahawk srt. buy racing softs and intermediates. start on inters. Select BSBOB on middle setting. Hit start. Go do something else for 30 min. Rinse and repeat....lol.At 200 % it nets over 500k and is automatic. The start on inters gives you a monstrous lead (44 sec). The ai puts you back on inters on the first stop but don't worry as all the other AI cars have pitted twice to your once

The good thing about that is that you only need to restart every 24 minutes. When i need to make money fast i get a fully tuned pagani to run the like the wind race at the big oval. with bonus it should get around 190 k every 4ish minutes.

IMG_3263.JPG

an easy one.... who, what car,when, and where. His first F1 race was in british GP in the car below ( different number though...this one belonged to James) I was there telling anyone who would listen that he was GREAT, as I had watched him race in the US in Formula Atlantic. He finished down the order after a spin or two but his car control was just staggering.
IMG_3256.JPG

That's Sam Bird. I even talked to him briefly at the Nürburgring 6 hour. Told him to go beat those sandbagging Ford GTs.

Ferrari 250 GT and designer I think it is Pinin farina

correct. The badge on the side is Pininfarina. Like the one on my 1969 Fiat 124 Spyder in front of rear wheel. Actually Pinninfarina made the 124 under its own name the last couple of years for the European market as the Pininfarina Spider Azzura (1983-1985).
1969_Fiat_124_Spider_For_Sale_Front_resize.jpg

here are the most common pininfarina logos
pininfarina.png

pininfarina large.jpg

Time to time I have black screen during race. sometimes it lasts part of a second, sometimes 1-2 seconds or more. its very frustrating while online racing. Sometimes I have mesage on TV - video format is not suporting (I must turn off TV, then turn it on and thats OK). Thougt my 8 years old TV is dying, but at this weekend I had long lasted black screen few times (sound sometimes on and sometimes off) and the wheel (T300) calibrates when black screen starts (G27 never did that). I must restart PS3 to resolve that problem.
What do you think, guys, maybe it is not TV, but PS3 dying (this wheel calibrating confused me).

While I posted this on the event thread I thought some of you might want to join us on Sundays. It seems that the minute we say BOOST many of you start running for the doors. Note the guys who raced and had great fun while improving their skills.
Thanks to @PASM , @suprajef , @GTP_Patrick1 , @roamer2629 , @Ph1sher , @Whitetail , and @Napalm_LT for some serious fun. If I forgot you....sorry. We used the BMW M3 '07 and the BRZed GT300. At times it got too quiet....lol....and Patrick....nice job Bud ....many laps with Very Fast guys harassing your ass! And a big OOPS for my over enthusiastic pass attempt at Aremburg....my bad.

https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/threads/wrs-vln-endurance-and-parity-racing.339327/

Time to time I have black screen during race. sometimes it lasts part of a second, sometimes 1-2 seconds or more. its very frustrating while online racing. Sometimes I have mesage on TV - video format is not suporting (I must turn off TV, then turn it on and thats OK). Thougt my 8 years old TV is dying, but at this weekend I had long lasted black screen few times (sound sometimes on and sometimes off) and the wheel (T300) calibrates when black screen starts (G27 never did that). I must restart PS3 to resolve that problem.
What do you think, guys, maybe it is not TV, but PS3 dying (this wheel calibrating confused me).
It does sound like PS3 to me, with the wheel calibration thing.

I have had my USB ports on my PS3 all stop working at once, basically the wheel and mic while in an online race lobby. Had to reboot.

Do you use HDMI, or Component? Might make sense to make sure the cables are in good shape.

I also thought HDMI cbžale could be a problem and bought a new one, problem didnt disapear. I also think that it is a PS3. hope it will last until GTS released.

I also thought HDMI cbžale could be a problem and bought a new one, problem didnt disapear. I also think that it is a PS3. hope it will last until GTS released.
Is it a fat or a slim?

The old fatties can still go for decent money on Ebay. I sold mine years ago and what I got for it and a few games I never played anymore basically paid for the Slim.

I was looking forward to the next combo. But then the tv in my man cave died on me ... so no WRS for me till after my holiday. Later!
EDIT new samsung coming in when I get back at 7.2 :lol:

Last edited:
(mispost now becomes an actual post)
After a lot of replays, I only now noticed that there's a difference between replay display and ghost calculated splits of laps that have a consecutive number other than 1. In one example the difference was 10 ms: the replay showed 10 ms quicker splits. I tried on another track, and the replay showed just 2 ms quicker splits than what you get from adding a new split and difference to ghost together.

So that's inconclusive, I don't know what kind of deviation to predict ie. why they are different amounts, but I expect it to be no greater than 17 ms (about 1 video frame).

Last edited:
Back