GTP_WRS Pit Box : Want to chat? - Need help? Post here.

• Thread starter Sjaak
  • 2,684 comments
I can get into that since the USA consists of a lot of Hispanics aswell.

Edit. At a tanktop I saw my first montero

Hi, new player here. I have a question regarding the week 80 event. I saw at tuning that no power increase/weight decrease is allowed. What I was wondering though, are we allowed to change the setup?(Suspension, ride height, gear ratio, etc.)

Hi, new player here. I have a question regarding the week 80 event. I saw at tuning that no power increase/weight decrease is allowed. What I was wondering though, are we allowed to change the setup?(Suspension, ride height, gear ratio, etc.)

No, we aren’t. For future reference, no tuning allowed refers to changing the car’s settings (suspension, gears, et cetera), the no power or weight changes part is meant as separate. :)

This will go over like a lead balloon but here goes. :rolleyes:

In my opinion the WRS is to lenient with track limits. What should be a straight forward TT has become a contest of track usage. Those who can cut the closest to the limits then require countless HD close-up photos from many angles to determine legality.

The white line normally defines the track edge no matter what is on the other side. One set of tires must always be on the black stuff. As a track official for many years, this was how track limits worked.

Again, just my opinion. Not trying to start something or offend those of you who work so hard to make this all happen. :bowdown:

:cheers:

In my opinion the WRS is to lenient with track limits. What should be a straight forward TT has become a contest of track usage. Those who can cut the closest to the limits then require countless HD close-up photos from many angles to determine legality.

The white line normally defines the track edge no matter what is on the other side. One set of tires must always be on the black stuff. As a track official for many years, this was how track limits worked.

Again, just my opinion. Not trying to start something or offend those of you who work so hard to make this all happen. :bowdown:

Believe me, we don't like it more than you do. That said, there's always going to be racers that push to the limits and they have every right to do so, and that's not going to change by making the white line track limit.

The "White Line" thing is actually a very F1/European view of track limits, and even in those cases, there are exceptions.

I race in real life, I race on here, and I watch many global series, including -
  • F1
  • WEC
  • Blacpain (EU and US)
  • IndyCar
  • IMSA
  • Australian Supercars
  • BTCC

One fact that's consistently true both for us and in real life racing - Wherever you set the boundary, drivers will push it to the absolute edge. After all, isn't that what racing is about?

Because the game does not have especially stringent boundary rules, if we set tougher boundaries, it becomes more difficult to get a clean lap, and in turn frustrates participants and lowers participation.

That's not what we are here for. We set boundaries that we think are practical and realistic for each specific event, and enforce them fairly.

I do agree that it's frustrating to see drivers push the boundaries we do set to the absolute limit, but boundary rules by their nature are black and white. And racers, by their nature, will push it to the limit.

EDK
The "White Line" thing is actually a very F1/European view of track limits, and even in those cases, there are exceptions.

I race in real life, I race on here, and I watch many global series, including -
  • F1
  • WEC
  • Blacpain (EU and US)
  • IndyCar
  • IMSA
  • Australian Supercars
  • BTCC

One fact that's consistently true both for us and in real life racing - Wherever you set the boundary, drivers will push it to the absolute edge. After all, isn't that what racing is about?

Because the game does not have especially stringent boundary rules, if we set tougher boundaries, it becomes more difficult to get a clean lap, and in turn frustrates participants and lowers participation.

That's not what we are here for. We set boundaries that we think are practical and realistic for each specific event, and enforce them fairly.

I do agree that it's frustrating to see drivers push the boundaries we do set to the absolute limit, but boundary rules by their nature are black and white. And racers, by their nature, will push it to the limit.

A best practice i use is if i'm not sure the lap is clean or i know someone will have a hard time confirming it's clean i don't submit that lap.

A best practice i use is if i'm not sure the lap is clean or i know someone will have a hard time confirming it's clean i don't submit that lap.
Right, and that's what we suggest.

But we don't hand out red flags for "That one was really close".

If a particular driver makes a consistent habit of submitting extremely close laps, we will address. But there's not actually a rule against it.

For a long time I have waited for the next great, fun, realistic, Endurance series. Well it never showed up, so we did it ourselves. It is the result of a collaboration of drivers of all ability levels to challenge the Alien and please the Gentleman driver. We have picked two very popular car classes, the 2016 GT500s (Group 2)and the GT3 ( Group 3). We have scheduled it to draw from all over the world, Sunday afternoons at 1330 Central US. Read the introduction below and post here if you are interested

https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/threads/the-endurance-world-tour.388889/

Well I'm back from my first league racing experience - i got into tier 1 for ILR S5 and ended up racing a really fast guy ( FIA top split driver ) Jamie995.

I had the one lap pace ( 6 poles out of the 7 races i entered ) but he kept beating me in the races through better race pace, tyre wear and or lack of silly errors.

But as the season went on i closed the gap in race speed to the point where we were finishing within 2 seconds of eachother ( sometimes 30 seconds clear of p3) and finally claimed my first win in the last round. But man i had to push flat out mistake free for 25 laps of suzuka - there was genuine sweaty palms at the end :lol:

Definitely learned a lot about racing under pressure ( one shot races unlike the weekly's ) and car setup ( which will hopefully help in the new time trial sport mode ) and overall feel a better driver, and proved some things to myself.

I will not miss the grind of having to do a new setup each week though :scared: looking forward to getting back into some WRS events - missed taking part these last months :indiff:

Hope to see you guys again soon ( after a weeks break anyway lol )

Those who know me will know, I am probably the happiest person in the US to be out of California for the pat (4!) years now.

That said, it does have its perks. I attended ~10 Monterey Historics (or whatever you want to call it) and DROVE on Laguna Seca ~15 times, both while and after living there.

Jordan Taylor is one of my favorite race drivers and stories. I used to watch him tear it up in the old Continental Tires Sports Car Challenge (now Michelin series, go Kaz).

I'm not normally a fan of head tracking cameras, but this is one of the better on board vids I have seen with it.

I watched the whole thing on TV with full surround with my friend who is visiting last night.

Jordan has a preview vid as well, and says during that "This thing has wheel spin in 3rd gear, turn 1 is actually a corner in this car".

For those who don't know, turn 1 is the kink under the bridge at Start/Finish. :scared:

EDK
Those who know me will know, I am probably the happiest person in the US to be out of California for the pat (4!) years now.

That said, it does have its perks. I attended ~10 Monterey Historics (or whatever you want to call it) and DROVE on Laguna Seca ~15 times, both while and after living there.

Jordan Taylor is one of my favorite race drivers and stories. I used to watch him tear it up in the old Continental Tires Sports Car Challenge (now Michelin series, go Kaz).

I'm not normally a fan of head tracking cameras, but this is one of the better on board vids I have seen with it.

I watched the whole thing on TV with full surround with my friend who is visiting last night.

Jordan has a preview vid as well, and says during that "This thing has wheel spin in 3rd gear, turn 1 is actually a corner in this car".

For those who don't know, turn 1 is the kink under the bridge at Start/Finish. :scared:

You forgot to mention the 24 hours of Countersteer :lol:

So last weekend we got married.:sly:
Let's see how this will pan out... Hhaha
Just joking. I'm super happy!
IMG-20191202-WA0007.jpg

P.s. The wedding car was her dad's Citroën ds. Which died on us at the parking of the photo location. Turns out me and French cars don't really work together. Who would've thought. Anyway we got picked up and the car was picked after the wedding. End good all good

Latest Posts

Back