GTP_WRS Week 46 : Revenge of the HYBRID

  • Thread starter Thread starter PASM
  • 201 comments
  • 17,254 views
Can someone running the FT-1 give me some pointers for the first turn? It seems like I'm always either overshooting it or slowing down too soon.

I don't have a great brake reference, it's about a car length or maybe 1 1/2 car lengths before the rumble strips on the left.

Start turning in just after the white line crossing the road and point the car at the apex.

If you hit the brake point just right you'll be braking all the way to the apex and slow to about 48-50 mph. I basically stay 100% on the brakes...not a lot of touch employed.

At the apex turn in hard. The really important thing to get about this car is you can get really aggressive on the throttle early and even with a considerable amount of steering input. I'm usually at 3/4s or more throttle right out of the apex, sometimes more if I have it lined up just right.

Give the kers a little goose on the way out. I usually stay on the kers until I shift to 3rd.
 
I don't have a great brake reference, it's about a car length or maybe 1 1/2 car lengths before the rumble strips on the left.

Start turning in just after the white line crossing the road and point the car at the apex.

If you hit the brake point just right you'll be braking all the way to the apex and slow to about 48-50 mph. I basically stay 100% on the brakes...not a lot of touch employed.

At the apex turn in hard. The really important thing to get about this car is you can get really aggressive on the throttle early and even with a considerable amount of steering input. I'm usually at 3/4s or more throttle right out of the apex, sometimes more if I have it lined up just right.

Give the kers a little goose on the way out. I usually stay on the kers until I shift to 3rd.
Great write-up, Stephen. 👍

The only thing I'd add is that slamming it down through the gears all the way to 1st as fast as possible seems to help with slowing it faster, but it also makes turn 1 a bit more difficult/unpredictable. If you're going for consistency, downshift normally.
 
Last edited:
18.100
45.050

A faster lap, but still time to be found.
 
No ??!! haha lol :lol:

I think it's a lost cause :D

Have you done a engine over hall before the car actually needs it if you have you may have fallen foul of the glitch that returns the car to factory power levels with out a oil change .
So your power levels will say 556
But you will actually have around 493 bhp and you'll never no about it
Only way to fix it is buy a new car if this ain't the problem I'm stumped why you can only get 167 at the line
 
Have you done a engine over hall before the car actually needs it if you have you may have fallen foul of the glitch that returns the car to factory power levels with out a oil change .
So your power levels will say 556
But you will actually have around 493 bhp and you'll never no about it
Only way to fix it is buy a new car if this ain't the problem I'm stumped why you can only get 167 at the line


Thanks for mentioning the power figures because I wouldn't have checked them in the OP otherwise.

I'd previously ran the car for the seasonal TT at 600PP so the car was 468bhp.

Didn't think to re-check for this TT lol :lol:

I blame the on-set of dementia :dopey:
 
First 25 kms
19.909
49.909
 
Near-tripled my input with zero gain.

The only thing you can fiddle with is the brake balance.
That and ballast. Fat it will do for you, I couldn't say.
 
Thanks to @alexamenos I've knocked a bit of time off my T1 time after only a few laps (just need to string it together with the rest of the lap), going to give it another go after work.:cheers:

I did set a new best lap though, granted the splits were slower.

20.269
51.569
 
Is there a race saterday? Cant Seem to find it. :scared:
 
I'm not sure if I should just submit. I don't think I can beat my time without some actual effort, and I'm worried that I didn't have enough battery left to get a good enough last sector. :boggled:
 
Ft-1

20.814
51.981

When we were testing there seemed to be MORE kers available.
Just pounding around...sweet car...very confidence building and well balanced for this ole fhart.
 
20.293
51.093

I now see about restarting to get a full kers.
 
One of the stingiest, it turned out. Finished, good luck and ?*? your way out of the box.

Thematic's TT board. Pale box
The seven heavyweights (too heavy bottom)
+484
+724
+731
+852
+927
+931
+954

All but the one were made in a six hour time window.

I was quite close to quitting when I remembered there were one or two seasonal events I wanted to check out. So I went to RBR, using the F40. It felt¹ weirder than anything before due to the several
hundred km of concept motoring. Had to adjust for a few moments. After enough of that so I wasn't twitching toward the "nitrous button", I did a full lap, collected, and headed back to the TT. The very first full lap (I forget if there was one retry) I got that 3rd sector down, with the rest not breaking it, either. :p

Actually, I improved in all of the sectors, although I believe just S3 was PB.

T1: 20.063
T2: 50.624

¹ It's of course possible my wheel has a problem.

e: accepted!
 
Last edited:
Second outing in the TS030 and could improve on T3 mostly

18.450
45.884

Used @Mini Stiggy his tune this time
 
My final time has been submitted, hopefully I at least get a negative handicap.

This was a very fun combo, hopefully next week is just as much fun.
 

Attachments

  • Fuji Speedway GT.jpg
    Fuji Speedway GT.jpg
    132.1 KB · Views: 16
20.029
50.016

I got to be able to do better than that
 
Last edited:
I am not sure how effective my use of the KERS was on the FT-1 & I had to quit splitting my time between the two cars and pick one. Overall, I felt I "stunk" a little less using the TS030.

TS030 Split Times

18.383
45.883
 
I'm going with the FT-1.

Split Times from Tuesday:

19.783
50.083

Been dealing with pneumonia all week but I'm looking forward to getting back to this one today.
 
FT-1
20.461
51.694

horrible hopefully I get faster
 
I'm going with the FT-1.

Split Times from Tuesday:

19.783
50.083

Been dealing with pneumonia all week but I'm looking forward to getting back to this one today.

Nasty, get well soon 👍
 
Haven't had time to get a run in this week so this is the best I've gotten so far:

19.850
50.417
 
Wow, tried for an hour today and couldn't beat my best lap due to a very good S3 from Tuesday. Probably submit tomorrow because I'm at a loss on how to improve S2.
 
TS030

18.363
45.763
 
TS030 submitted and accepted.:dopey:

18.327
45.661
 
Back