GTPlanet Celebrates 20 Years Online!

Congrats on 20 years! GTP was one of the first forums I grew up on, and by far the most organized and disciplined for its time, in the infancy of online discussion communities. I really feel that there was enough interesting things and topics to enjoy here that kept me out of trouble during my formative years. Thank you and here’s to 20 more. :cheers:

We are being spoiled.

• 20 years
  • GTP 16th version
  • old smileys are coming back

GTP was the very first forum I joined after lurking for a while.

20 years ago today...

I joined GTPlanet as Mr persistence, how time flies... Met some great people over the years via this forum and got in trouble so many times the naughty corner is named after me :lol: Thanks for the memories Jordan you created a lifetime obsession with this place :cheers:

Last edited:
20 whole entire actual years.

How many still-functioning websites even get to claim that one, never mind those that are still growing and still right at the top of their particular sphere?
Raises Hand

I have also ran a successful gaming website since 2001 and know first hand how difficult it is to maintain a site for this period of time.

Jordan has done a fantastic job to keep a site going this long and deal with all the headaches of changing technology, forced changes to website infrastructure and everything else that goes along with managing a busy site. I am sure that like me he has had more than a few very late, very sleepless nights fighting with various tech problems.

It's worth it though to see a community grow around a website, and when you get big there are publishers perks, like free travels around the world.

I'd like to extend a virtual handshake to Jordan, and congratulate him on an amazing achievement. Long may it continue.

Raises Hand

I have also ran a successful gaming website since 2001 and know first hand how difficult it is to maintain a site for this period of time.

Jordan has done a fantastic job to keep a site going this long and deal with all the headaches of changing technology, forced changes to website infrastructure and everything else that goes along with managing a busy site. I am sure that like me he has had more than a few very late, very sleepless nights fighting with various tech problems.

It's worth it though to see a community grow around a website, and when you get big there are publishers perks, like free travels around the world.

I'd like to extend a virtual handshake to Jordan, and congratulate him on an amazing achievement. Long may it continue.
Thank you for the kind words, @R0CKY44!

I have indeed had many of those nights... it kind of feels like being "on call" for 22 straight years now. :lol: It's a good problem to have, though, and I'm grateful to have such a vibrant community to be responsible for.

Likewise, huge congratulations on your own success! I'd be interested in learning more about your background (either here in the thread or via PM) if you're up to share.

Thank you for the kind words, @R0CKY44!

Likewise, huge congratulations on your own success! I'd be interested in learning more about your background (either here in the thread or via PM) if you're up to share.

I’ll avoid hijacking this thread to promote my own site so I’ll drop you a PM if the board will let me and I’ll share my story. I’m sure we’ve got lots in common!.

Yep, the board didn't like my PM for some reason, even when I stripped out the links. I'll try another avenue.

Last edited:
Back