GTPlanet vs. Mariah Carey [2022]

• Thread starter Daniel
  • 387 comments
mariah.jpg

Stay strong people, the threat is always near.

I barely survived on Saturday we went to Big Lots and they started playing the song. My son was like dad you're out their playing Mariah Carey. I started listening and I was like no I'm not because it is not the original. So we have a brief day before he realizes I'm right and I survive another day without being Carey'd

DK
I underestimated just how basic Irish radio stations can be. I'm out.
It’s your own fault for using the radio.

I heard it again today. I’m not keeping count but it seems to be playing everywhere commercial.

I’m still yet to hear Last Christmas in its original form.

I want to join in.

Thought I got betrayed by one of my favorite radio stations today, but thankfully it was just a jazz rendition of the song.

Dad was scrolling through YT shorts and I heard... I want to say it's a cover (sounded different) but I didn't hear enough to confirm for obvious reasons. Joy.

edit: just called time out and listened to the duet version. Still safe, it wasn't the original!

Last edited:
Gee, I can't take a trick at the moment.
Been cooped up at home for a few days with Covid and on my first day out the since I've been Mariah'd.

Car needed fuel and on the stroll back from the cashier blissfully unaware of any danger there it was playing over the PA cutting through the sweet smell of 98 octane.

Never.....let.....your.....guard.....down.

Out.

Been cooped up at home for a few days with Covid and on my first day out the since I've been Mariah'd.
Not only are you out of GTPs annual musical avoidance competition, you’re out of the GTP vs COVID lifelong plague avoidance competition. In one fell swoop.

Tough break.

That should take up your monthly allowance of negatives to make the rest of the month positive. 👍

Not only are you out of GTPs annual musical avoidance competition, you’re out of the GTP vs COVID lifelong plague avoidance competition
Already was out of that one unfortunately, first bout of Covid was in January.
That should take up your monthly allowance of negatives to make the rest of the month positive. 👍
Cheers mate. 👍

Last edited:
It's making its way into general culture!

Obviously the song is played in this video, but as this thread is a safe space, you can watch this video and not be classed as out.

Had a couple of close calls today. Survived Christmas party at work. Then we just went to Bath & Body works & Michaels without hearing Ms. Carey

Latest Posts

Back