Philippines
Parañaque, PH
FD3S_Mat
None
Based on "Hot Version - Touge Showdown"

Basic things you need to know:

The showdown will have five classifications. The following classes are:

Touge 200
This class will feature cars with horspower values up to 200HP, and has a 2.0 engine size limit. This class uses Sports Hard Tires.
Touge 300
This class will feature cars with horspower values up to 300HP, and has a 3.0 engine size limit. This class uses Sports Hard Tires.
Touge 400
This class will feature cars with horspower value up to 400HP, and has a 3.5 engine size limit. This class uses Sports Hard Tires
Touge 500
This class will feature cars with horspower value up to 500HP, and has a 4.0 engine size limit. This class uses Sports Hard Tires

CR. Limit for buying cars.
There will be no CR limit for upgrades. However, base cars must cost less than 120,000 CR.

Don't know how much your car costs? Visit mygranturismo.net and type in your car's name in the search bar. It will lead you to a page containing data on that specific car.

List of Chassis modification allowed
Weight Reduction Stage 2
Carbon hood
Window Weight Reduction
Chassis Reinforcement

Ballast
Only up to 5% of total car weight
Example: 960(Weight) x 5%(0.05) = 48kg MAX

Power Limiter
Any less than 95% Power Limiter use is prohibited.

Transmission
Any transmission part is allowed.

Every other tuning part is allowed, such as Flywheel, Engine Stages, etc...

List of Aids allowed
ABS only.

Street cars only!

List of banned cars

This list is incomplete at the moment. If you think the car you're using has too much of an advantage, then it is highly recommended not to enter it.
- Autobacs Garaiya '03
- Caterham 7 Fireblade '02
- Concept cars
- Hybrid/Hacked cars
- Karts
- Lotus Elise (Standard/Premium) T200, T300*
- Opel Speedster T200, T300*
- Racecars/Rally cars (NASCAR, D1GP, LMP, SUPER GT, etc...)
- Race modified cars (RM, TC models, basically.)
- Supercars/Hypercars (Veyron, Enzo, S7, etc...)
- Tank car
- Tommy Kaira ZZ-S T200, T300*
- Tommy Kaira ZZ-II
- Tuner cars (Such as Mine's, RE Amemiya, etc...)​

How do I sign up?
Simple. When an announcement for signing up is made, you may sign up in this thread, or you can sign up via PM.

I've signed up and I've already made a car ready for the competition. Now what?
You have the options to either:

Send each one of the testers a friend request on PSN, and set your car on share.

OR

Post your setup here, on this thread.

You will not send your car to any of the testers.

For those who wish to share their car
When sharing the car, do not unshare until all testings have been confirmed.

For those who wish to post their setup
We will not be held responsible if the posted setup is either of the following:

- Inaccurate
- Missing data

Once your car has been posted/shared, DO NOT make any changes to it.

Friend Requests are the responsibilities of the entrants. The testers will not be held responsible for any mishaps the entrant may cause, such as not placing the car on share, late submission, failure to obtain the track, and any further relevant situations.

Testers/Staff (GTP Username/PSN Username)

Mat123/MatMed123 (DS3 Controller) - Founder/Head Manager

Slender_Man/GTP_ShadowEyes (DS3 Controller) - Tester

robrabbitman/bloodsugarrush (DS3 Controller) - Tester

Hei/JC18137 (DS3 Controller) - Tester

SolidSnake7735/SolidSnake7735 (DFGT) - Tester

The track
This is where the competition takes place.

Mt. Akina - SolidSnake7735

How to obtain the track
Send a Friend Request to MatMed123 on PSN, saying you want the track, to gain access to it. Once the Friend Request has been accepted, that person will be deleted within a day. They will be held responsible for sending friend requests. Failure to obtain the track will not be held against me. Each person may have another chance to add my account, if they have failed to obtain the track. If they fail once again, all chances are gone. Blank messages will be ignored. Friend requests will be accepted on weekends, most of the time.

Cars are judged based on overall feel, combined with speed. It must have a perfect mix.

What happens during a competition

- Testers test the car
- Testers give reviews on the car
- Finalists will be placed to battle against other cars
- Last car standing will battle against the last season's defending champion

Winner will have a chance to battle the "Touge Monster". If it wins, the title then gets handed to the winner.

SEASON 2

VOLUME 5. TOUGE 300
VOLUME 6. TOUGE MAX

SEASON 3

VOLUME 7. TOUGE 200
(300 posted later)

TOUGE MONSTERS
These cars are the current winners from previous competitions. This list will change depending on the results of each class.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/matmedrano/8215366599/

200 CLASS
CURRENT TOUGE MONSTER:
Slender_Man's Toyota MR-S

300 CLASS
CURRENT TOUGE MONSTER:
Slender_Man's Subaru Impreza

MAX CLASS
CURRENT TOUGE MONSTER:
Slender_Man's Nissan GT-R R35

Threads you should check out:
Legend of the Streets: Initial D GT5 Touge
FWD:
1. krenkme: Shared
2. Hei
3. Rotary Junkie: Shared
4. extreme car

RWD:
1. Korza
2. robrabbitman: Shared
3. Ridox2JZGTE: Posted
4. trackripper123 Posted

AWD:
1. Slender_Man: Posted
2. Onboy123
3. DCybertron: Posted
4. fbccars924: Posted
5. TakumiFuji01: Posted
6. DriftAssasin: Posted
7. OtakuTaikun: Shared

Mid/Rear Engine
1. SolidSnake7735: Posted
2. 787bcgr: Shared

Last edited:
Hmm…We've had something like this in the past in the tuning forum…was alright but we all remember it being an absolute pain trying to get things organised. :lol: Good luck with this though, sounds interesting.

And just another point…you'd get so much more of a focused audience (i.e tuners) if you put this thread (or at least an invitation/request for some tuners to help) in the tuning forum.

Thanks Onboy, I have everything under control, as of right now. I'll transfer the thread. :)

Last edited:
Are all tuning parts allowed or is there restrictions on what parts may be used?

Are all tuning parts allowed or is there restrictions on what parts may be used?

All parts are allowed except engine tuning stage 1, 2, 3. Same goes for weight reduction.

Whoops! Forgot to add that to the OP. lol

All parts are allowed except engine tuning stage 1, 2, 3. Same goes for weight reduction.

Whoops! Forgot to add that to the OP. lol
May I ask why no engine tuning? Many prefer the smoother power delivery of a ported, polished and balanced, naturally asperated engine over the torquey power you get with turbos and superchargers.

Also on a related note, I take it no power limiter use is allowed, so someone doesn't try using a detuned GT-R or the like?

May I ask why no engine tuning? Many prefer the smoother power delivery of a ported, polished and balanced, naturally asperated engine over the torquey power you get with turbos and superchargers.

Also on a related note, I take it no power limiter use is allowed, so someone doesn't try using a detuned GT-R or the like?

Oh, man. I was wrong. Alrighty then, I'll allow it.

Nope, sorry. You can only use the power limiter if your car exceeds limitations by a bit. Say for example, If you were to enter a GT-R, lower it's power, and enter it in a completely different class, it wouldn't be quite fair IMO.

Terribly sorry if I'm confusing you. My headache is really bugging me. :ouch:

Thanks for helping me out though.

Remember guys, this isn't the final outcome yet. I'm just trying to see how it goes. Thanks for your cooperation.

:crazy:

Even I myself am confused. I need some rest. lol

Last edited:
Well, isn't most of the cars on Hot Version usually have tuned engines? Like Tsuchiya's Blacktop 4AGE with TODA Cams(272/288), Spoon EG6 w/B18C(Stock Balanced) and etc? Probably Engine Tuning should be un-limited in my opinion depending how much it's producing. Even though I don't have a PS3 and haven't played GT5 for sometime, I'm a LotS driver. Just want to check out your style, don't take it the wrong way, though. Seems good, overall.

NOTE: Seems like the post above me notice about the Engine swapping and etc. D:

The only cars that should have probably TCS I know so far are the Skylines due to the ATTESSA System which the MCR & Mine's still obtain.

Last edited:
Just what I was looking for! Thanks a ton TakumiFuji! Limiting engine tuning based on how much it's producing seems like a great idea!

I can't believe I didn't think about it!

BTW, is Hot Version still alive?

Just what I was looking for! Thanks a ton TakumiFuji! Limiting engine tuning based on how much it's producing seems like a great idea!

I can't believe I didn't think about it!

BTW, is Hot Version still alive?

It sure is! Well..only Hot Version Japan since International Version from GTChannel/Zig Zag Asia closed down around 2008 I think and Best Motoring Japan closed in 2011. So...Hot Version Japan is still alive!

http://www.youtube.com/user/TakumiFuji01/videos

Got few Hot Version videos!

Alright guys! One tune has been submitted! Just waiting for more!

Reminder! For those who plan on submitting their entries, please tell me as soon as possible, also, please send the tune to me via Private Message. Thanks!

Last edited:
Eh, you just PM him the tune, that's it I think.

That's what I figured. It's an easy-to-obtain premium anyway.

Edit: How about a transmission restriction? It wouldn't make a whole lot of sense to say, swap a 6 speed into an EK9 because it simply can't be done without an expensive sequential swap.

Last edited:
Might have something real old skool in a couple of days. Won't be a winner in terms of speed most likely, but should prove to be a fun and very different drive from the expected entries.:crazy::D

That's what I figured. It's an easy-to-obtain premium anyway.

Edit: How about a transmission restriction? It wouldn't make a whole lot of sense to say, swap a 6 speed into an EK9 because it simply can't be done without an expensive sequential swap.

If the car is a 5-speed, buy the 5 speed close ratio. Same goes for 6-speed. FC transmission is allowed too, that is, if it still stays as it originally was. Thanks for informing me!

Last edited:
Might have something real old skool in a couple of days. Won't be a winner in terms of speed most likely, but should prove to be a fun and very different drive from the expected entries.:crazy::D

Haha! Can't wait!

EDIT: Double post. Sorry.

Eh? So no one took weight off their cars in the actual show? Hmm…interesting approach to getting better handling. :lol:

Eh? So no one took weight off their cars in the actual show? Hmm…interesting approach to getting better handling. :lol:

Yeah, lol. Mostly they would just put carbon hoods, and remove the roof. (Like what they did with an MR-S.)

If the car is a 5-speed, buy the 5 speed close ratio. Same goes for 6-speed. FC transmission is allowed too, that is, if it still stays as it originally was. Thanks for informing me!
So you either go with a stock transmission, close ratio one or a FC that you can't actually tune?

Yeah, lol. Mostly they would just put carbon hoods, and remove the roof. (Like what they did with an MR-S.)

So what about the Amuse S2000 R1? :P Anyway…I'll try and make an entry…online or offline tune? (i.e where are you testing it?)

So what about the Amuse S2000 R1? :P Anyway…I'll try and make an entry…online or offline tune? (i.e where are you testing it?)

Usually online. But that would be a real pain. Especially since the pit area of Eiger Nordwand is quite long. It would take some time.

EDIT: "****!!! Forgot to multiquote! Again! :ouch: :lol:

FC stands for fully customizable. lol
Yea, but from what you said, it seems that we can use it, but we can't adjust the ratios?
Usually online. But that would be a real pain. Especially since the pit area of Eiger Nordwand is quite long. It would take some time.

EDIT: "****!!! Forgot to multiquote! Again! :ouch: :lol:

Standing start from a race?

Yea, but from what you said, it seems that we can use it, but we can't adjust the ratios?

Standing start from a race?

Nope. Rolling start. :)

Oh, yeah, you can adjust the gear ratios. But I recommend the close ratio transmission, since the track doesn't depend too much on speed.

Back