GTR 3 confirmed, coming to consoles and PC next year

• Thread starter Silvio
  • 15 comments
I'll be the first bird singing about it.

Let's hope it is as good as AC and pCars and/or maybe even better. Looking forward to this race game.

Last edited:
Let's hope its pad controls actually resemble someone who knows how to drive a car and not the mess that AC ships in. I've had a gut full trying to get that game to work on Xbox and it's just not even worth it any more.

My concern for this, and the reason to not be singing about it, is that its currently pretty much vapour-ware.
Add in the fact that this is not the first time we have been at this stage with a GTR3 announcement (2011 was the last time) and I'm going to wait to see something more robust than screen shots before getting excited.

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2017-02-02-gtr-3-confirmed-coming-to-consoles-and-pc-next-year

No word about it ???? If it"s Gran turismo the birds would singing about it.

Problem is when it comes to this title, everyone is more or less in the "I'll believe it when I see it" camp because of a similar hyped up announcement only for not much of anything to come of it. Normally the wise thing to do is take things with grain of salt buuut when its this all over again, its much more accepted to bring the entire 26 Oz container of Morton.

Details still scarce on this title?

Never played previous titles could
someone bring me up to speed with physics, possibly what to expect etc?
I'm a huge AC fan and would hope it could be similar?

Last edited:
Was checking their fb page, at least there's updates from last march, as if all is bizz as usual.
I wonder what's up, with acc out with gt cars, maybe they re-focused on something a little different.
Im hoping for more historic gt maybe, if it ever comes out and is good.

Came back here. Do you think this project is dead or just being refocused/remade or something? My thoughts is they may change focus to release this game on Next Gen Consoles to be first with "realistic" driving sim on PS5/XSX.

Came back here. Do you think this project is dead or just being refocused/remade or something? My thoughts is they may change focus to release this game on Next Gen Consoles to be first with "realistic" driving sim on PS5/XSX.

I reckon dead. Can't belive we would just gear nothing for years and it still be alive.

But don't expect a realistic driving sim if it does come.

From an interview in 2018:
"We see GTR3 as kind of the gateway. If people play it and love it, the next step would be RaceRoom. R3E is a solid simulation product, that’s not what GTR3 is going to be perceived as. It might fit the bill for some people, but it’s not going to be perceived as a ‘simulation’ title."

I reckon dead. Can't belive we would just gear nothing for years and it still be alive.

But don't expect a realistic driving sim if it does come.

From an interview in 2018:
"We see GTR3 as kind of the gateway. If people play it and love it, the next step would be RaceRoom. R3E is a solid simulation product, that’s not what GTR3 is going to be perceived as. It might fit the bill for some people, but it’s not going to be perceived as a ‘simulation’ title."

I hoped it will be something like "more realistic GRID" but with pit-stops etc. I hope it will release one day.

I hoped it will be something like "more realistic GRID" but with pit-stops etc. I hope it will release one day.

Mind you, ACC is very much the spiritual successor to GTR2 when you think about it, looking at the series it simulates between the 2 games. Be interesting to see what GTR3 can do differently, if it would be a more console oriented accessible version of RaceRoom with AI or if they would do a more GTR Evolution style thing.

Back