GTS vs GT6 - Cars comparison

• Thread starter emula
  • 1,346 comments
The R18 comparison in ready but I have to wait for the next page, too many images on this page

Nearly there. Although I'm still waiting for half the images to load on this page and I've been here since Thursday :lol:.

Need to get through the February update before March arrives next week :D

Some of those stickers are stuck like one in real life.
Now they're not just body textures.
4A3D7114-5B1A-4ECA-88A3-3C1872CEAF1E.png
133DB897-E300-4B96-ADFA-6C78EEDE4C44.png

Last edited:
Could you upload the images to Imgur and link to the album? On some devices many images just don't load at all.

Is it just me or does it seem like most of the post-GT5Prologue Premium cars were originally designed with PS4 specs in mind, but had their textures and meshes downgraded to better fit PS3 spec hardware? Like GTS versions are how they were originally modeled in Maya and GT5/6 premium is just a downgraded version of that.

My instinct is similar to @HarVee that some of the later ps3 cars were modelled at super premium but reduced for ps3 hardware. Surely they didn' just go "GT6 is out today, let's starting making hyper premium cars tomorrow"?

In my opinion, it's more likely there was a gradual transition and perhaps they were starting to model at ps4 levels before they released GT6. In fact, wasn't there an indication that Polyphony were involved in the early stages of ps4 and they had one of the first 10 development kits. I can easily see them trying to make use of this in car modelling from an early stage.

More great comparisons from @emula

Notice how the driver has turned down the interior heating on the Mito from 20.5 on ps3 to 20 on ps4 because it was obviously slightly too warm in the hyper premium cockpit :lol:.

Plus he now has a digital clock woohoo.

The models that were originally made for GT HD/GT 5 Prologue show the biggest improvement, since those were originally made in 2005/06, like these skylines. Although the interior on the R33 seems pretty lazy, the wiper switch doesn't have a housing, just sorta hovers next to the wheel column, the center stack is badly made as well, doesn't feel like a super premium to me.

The R33 was definitely one of the better Premiums of GT5/GT6 going by those comparison shots, but its still really nice to see just how much more detail could be thrown into it with its GT Sport counterpart.

Some of the interior bits could use a touch-up, but apart from that, looks fantastic.

Latest Posts

Back