GTS vs GT6 - Cars comparison

• Thread starter emula
  • 1,346 comments
The ingame picture shows the right wheel, but RT picture shows the left one.
Are they different from wheel to wheel? What I mean is the little solder points at the end of the wires, they look a bit better on the RT demo.

Are they different from wheel to wheel? What I mean is the little solder points at the end of the wires, they look a bit better on the RT demo.
Oops, sorry. I misunderstood what you mean...
The presenter said that the model is exactly the same as ingame one.
It's hard to judge because the video resolution seems to be a little low...
But anyway, the reflection is waaay better in RT, so it looks better than ingame one.

Oops, sorry. I misunderstood what you mean...
The presenter said that the model is exactly the same as ingame one.
It's hard to judge because the video resolution seems to be a little low...
But anyway, the reflection is waaay better in RT, so it looks better than ingame one.
The taillights are different though.

12aljb3.jpg

13vekg0.jpg

The grille is too

04s1jsi.jpg

053zkvo.jpg

Last edited:
You mean that square?
I think it's a bug of ray tracer.
Some of the decals on the McLaren P1 GTR in the presentation seems to be glitched. (Mobil 1 decals above its headlights, Pirelli decals near its air intake, and Akzonobel decals on its bodyside...)
View attachment 795576
View attachment 795577
Hmmmm, you might be right. Now that you mention it those taillights do look weird.

Jaguar_E-Type_Series_1_(XKE)_1961-1968_(1968_Lightweight)_(01)_-CB1-.jpg

Its even a subtly different model of the E Type compared to the one in GTS, look at the taillights, the solder points on the wheels and the underbody.
The difference in the rear lights is because there is no alpha masking in the textures used in the raytrace example. It's clearly a bare bones proof of concept with no special effects implemented, as far as shaders go.
They're nipples ;)

There's something odd going on with the representation of the geometry in the ray tracer, possibly some kind of light sample spreading / smoothing over the mesh - notice it doesn't have any of the typical ray trace noise. Instead, the mesh seems to starts off very coarsely detailed and kind of streams in - this implies some kind of clever filtering of the "photons" start / end points used, most likely for speed / efficiency.

Waiting for the new DLC cars, I've made some new comparisons:

Dodge Viper GTS '13
0088jua.jpg

010ljwj.jpg

02ctkeo.jpg

03pnkrv.jpg

Full gallery https://granturismo.forumfree.it/?t=76456863

Peugeot RCZ '10 / Peugeot RCZ GT Line '15
001ujry.jpg

01s7jlr.jpg

02kgk55.jpg

03rojz1.jpg

Full gallery https://granturismo.forumfree.it/?t=76447782

Renault Sport Mégane R.S. Trophy '11
00ezknn.jpg

01awkoh.jpg

02sbkta.jpg

03tbkyi.jpg

Full gallery https://granturismo.forumfree.it/?t=76447737

Gran Turismo RACING KART 125 Shifter '--
00sjjbf.jpg

01b3k0u.jpg

02rxj1k.jpg

03jnjii.jpg

Full gallery https://granturismo.forumfree.it/?t=76456881

@emula, have you ever thought of doing the Peugeot VGT?

I'm not very interested in VGT cars, maybe I'll compare them when the game will no longer receive updates

Last edited:
I have found a thing!
The Viper SRT GT3-R model in GTS is based on the Viper GTS model in GT6!
The shape of taillights are the same each other.
02ctkeo.jpg

DY5JeQhV4AELt9W

DY5JcYGVQAEn0TP

I'd had a feeling of strange at the difference of the shape of the taillights of Viper GTS and Viper GT3-R in GTS, thank you very much!

Last edited:
I have found a thing!
The Viper SRT GT3-R model in GTS is based on the Viper GTS model in GT6!
The shape of taillights are the same each other.
02ctkeo.jpg

DY5JeQhV4AELt9W

DY5JcYGVQAEn0TP

I'd had a feeling of strange at the difference of the shape of the taillights of Viper GTS and Viper GT3-R in GTS, thank you very much!
Hmmm... Quite interesting! Maybe, when PD was making the Gr. 3, the new Viper wasn't done, so they had to use the GT6 Viper to do it. That's my theory lol.

Hmmm... Quite interesting! Maybe, when PD was making the Gr. 3, the new Viper wasn't done, so they had to use the GT6 Viper to do it. That's my theory lol.
But actually, there're a lot of differences.
The depth of the dip where the rear license plate is placed is deeper, and is more accurate.
I want them to fix the taillights of GT3-R and dip of GTS.

Fun fact: The Viper Gr.4 is a chimera of Viper GTS and Viper SRT GT3-R.
It uses the overall parts from GTS, but uses the side mirrors and the rear quarter duct from GT3-R.

Last edited:
It looks pretty round and smooth, compared to say the Challenger '73 which has polygons edges everyone and low textures.
There're a lot of car models which had been carried over but has a really good quality.
But this Roadster lacks the roundness at several points...

And I thought the Challenger model is newly made, but doesn't have a very good quality.

Back