GTS vs GT6 - Cars comparison

• Thread starter emula
  • 1,346 comments
There're a lot of car models which had been carried over but has a really good quality.
But this Roadster lacks the roundness at several points...

And I thought the Challenger model is newly made, but doesn't have a very good quality.
I think the miata looks a bit dull because the entire interior is just plastic, it's a bit boring to look at.

I think the miata looks a bit dull because the entire interior is just plastic, it's a bit boring to look at.

Yes, I would have preferred the J-Limited (NA) '91 model with the wooden steering wheel and shifter

03-1st-gen-Mazda-MX-5-Interior-01.jpg

mazda_eunos_roadster_j_limited__na___91_by_gt6_garage_d7fxc3s-fullview.jpg

Certainly looks a lot more black and dark blue in GT Sport than it does black and gray in GT6... plus if I try to search Google Images for this specific F1 GTR in real life, it seems to show conflicting results. Anyone else?

While the model is higher quality in GTS, DC has a better lighting solution, with real time AO, Screen Space Reflections and generally a more consistent look, the GTS model kinda sticks out and looks out of place in the Scape image, and completely missing any self-shadowing making it appear flat. It reminds me of Forza 5 quite a bit in Forzavista.
07be3a386abe203d4f13cf0e6c727c1f.jpg

351161b3207eb15d0178017ea4d9adb3.jpg

While the model is higher quality in GTS, DC has a better lighting solution, with real time AO, Screen Space Reflections and generally a more consistent look, the GTS model kinda sticks out and looks out of place in the Scape image, and completely missing any self-shadowing making it appear flat. It reminds me of Forza 5 quite a bit in Forzavista.

I think that DC looks horrible compared to GTS.... the only plus of DC are the self reflections

GTS looks more consistent ingame, some Scapes have some bad lighting that makes cars look strange/plastic and lacking directional light sources/shadowing. Obviously it would be very hard to make all 1000 of them to look perfect.
So I'm not the only one who noticed this.

GTS looks more consistent ingame, some Scapes have some bad lighting that makes cars look strange/plastic and lacking directional light sources/shadowing. Obviously it would be very hard to make all 1000 of them to look perfect.
You mean the overcast weather conditions, when the sun's blocked by the clouds?

9D8DAXD.jpg

AudiBowRight-L.jpg

These just look unnatural/superimposed
We all have eyes, Sherlock

I suppose you're missing the point that this is a new approach to photomode, it's not perfect, because it's still a 3D model superimposed in a 2D environment (As much depth, lighting, and whatever else the photos could have, it's still a photo)

Now, there are really great examples of good scapes, had a quick look into the photomode sub-forum and did some cherrypicking (like you did but I didn't try as hard)

Needless to say its got potential
f5G0bZZ.jpg

full

8430831975960446492_0.jpg

full

20181111151551p7fse.jpg

We all have eyes, Sherlock

I suppose you're missing the point that this is a new approach to photomode, it's not perfect, because it's still a 3D model superimposed in a 2D environment (As much depth, lighting, and whatever else the photos could have, it's still a photo)

Now, there are really great examples of good scapes, had a quick look into the photomode sub-forum and did some cherrypicking (like you did but I didn't try as hard)

Needless to say its got potential

From where did he say Scapes are useless across the board and are all bad?

GTS looks more consistent ingame

some Scapes have some bad lighting that makes cars look strange/plastic and lacking directional light sources/shadowing.

Obviously it would be very hard to make all 1000 of them to look perfect.

Very random grasp at straws just to get uppity for no apparent reason.

Not necessarily
8152154211069494788_0.jpg

8295715244749095428_0.jpg

These just look unnatural/superimposed, lacking ambient occlusion and shadows along with low quality reflections.
But they have shadows...
The first one does look superimposed, but it's because of how the car stands on the grass as if it's a flat surface.
I agree that the quality of reflections does play a role.

But they have shadows...
The first one does look superimposed, but it's because of how the car stands on the grass as if it's a flat surface.
I agree that the quality of reflections does play a role.
You can see the wing mirror doesn't cast a shadow on the body, making it look weird. Our brains pick those things up subconsciously. That's why mixing and blending CGI with real footage is so difficult, even high budget movies don't always achieve that perfectly and they have huge renderfarms and raytracing enabled. Scapes is a solid concept that is a few years early, needs at least raytracing to help out with the lighting.

It isn't a new approach, HDRi spherical maps have been used for ages. In Forza 4 for example back in 2011.

You can see the wing mirror doesn't cast a shadow on the body, making it look weird. Our brains pick those things up subconsciously. That's why mixing and blending CGI with real footage is so difficult, even high budget movies don't always achieve that perfectly and they have huge renderfarms and raytracing enabled. Scapes is a solid concept that is a few years early, needs at least raytracing to help out with the lighting.
The mirror does cast a shadow, it's just not noticeable, and not sharp enough I guess. The problem is that the mirror doesn't show a reflection on the body.
file

file

file

file

In many scapes the filters are essential for good results.

In scapes with grass you need to add grass under the wheels for a realistic result

1skjwg.jpg

With game filters
2sajfw.jpg

Grass added under the wheels with photoshop
3wmkf0.jpg

I think you can improve the realism by adding somme grasses in front of the wheels:

1552238949-5405405.jpg

But I noticed something strange with the Scapes mode, the background seems always to "grey" compared to the car. So what I usually do, is to play with the contrast of both, the background and the car, to find the best match!

Back