TPaIUn.jpg

YK1Aog.jpg

c60Vgk.jpg

cguniW.jpg

aA3QdX.jpg

DWYkgu.jpg

OX1OR4.jpg

klj1MX.jpg

Not the first time I will say this: we need an actual photomode location. Scapes are nice but too limited to really showcase cars details. They already have locations: the pit lane garage, the designer house, the wind tunnel... It's just a matter of work for Poly to implement photomode. Tbh, I prefer watching cars in a fully 3d rendered place rather than in moving scapes. For example, the wind tunnel cutscene is epic and I can't beliece they have modeled this place for a 10 seconds cutscene in a random menu between two slides of Amy Winehouse and Celine Dion totally out of place.

I'm sure PD did a lot of photo comparisons when creating this astonishing rendering engine, because when I compare GT6 and GT Sport it really feels like I'm looking at a freaking reality check pictures. Everything looks so much more natural, mostly paintjob and glass reproduction, also headlights.

Where do we go from here? The cars seem perfect now.
Its quite astonishing isn't it... I think the only thing left to do is smooth out the very few remaining polygons on the model (which honestly won't make almost any difference on the model realistically but what else do you do) and then just improve the lighting and rendering quality until it looks perfect. I would be utterly astonished if they ever need to re-create models again like they did with some of GTS's models. Although we said that last time so who knows :lol:

Its quite astonishing isn't it... I think the only thing left to do is smooth out the very few remaining polygons on the model (which honestly won't make almost any difference on the model realistically but what else do you do) and then just improve the lighting and rendering quality until it looks perfect. I would be utterly astonished if they ever need to re-create models again like they did with some of GTS's models. Although we said that last time so who knows :lol:
I would also say improve in-game LOD and textures resolution untill it can come into Scapes quality probably for the PS5 :sly:

Where do we go from here? The cars seem perfect now.
Better physics overall leading to more realistic looking car behaviour along with more realistic physics. Soft body physics allowing for more realistic damage. Better collision physics allowing for more realistic looking collisions and resulting damage. Fully modeled cars from top to bottom including all visible surfaces inside and out, under the hood etc. Lots of work to be done in the sound department. Still lots of work to be done.

Better physics overall leading to more realistic looking car behaviour along with more realistic physics. Soft body physics allowing for more realistic damage. Better collision physics allowing for more realistic looking collisions and resulting damage. Fully modeled cars from top to bottom including all visible surfaces inside and out, under the hood etc. Lots of work to be done in the sound department. Still lots of work to be done.

Valid points but from a car modeling perspective -- we're at uncanny valley. Not sure I agree with the sound department.

Just a bit difficult to truly compare the Focus ST as Sport features the face-lift model.

The Clio is a completely different generation, too.

Valid points but from a car modeling perspective -- we're at uncanny valley. Not sure I agree with the sound department.
I can easily fool most of my friends with scapes but I've never fooled anyone into thinking a car sound is "real" in any GT game. The sounds are better than ever but still nowhere close to being mistakable for real.

I can easily fool most of my friends with scapes but I've never fooled anyone into thinking a car sound is "real" in any GT game. The sounds are better than ever but still nowhere close to being mistakable for real.
Agreed with Johnny here.
The sound department has received a welcome and nice overhaul but it lacks some elements that makes it seem sounding more natural.
Take the skyline r32 for example. Spectacular job capturing that distinctive RB26DETT but it does not sound natural going above a certain RPM.

Plus all cars in idle sound way too low and you dont hear the engine fans as loud as before (which was audible in the past GT5 and 6).

And yes physics is one other thing which I can agree on. When I say physics I do not mean only tire physics (which also lacks in some areas) but also aerodynamics and torque physics seems to lack in this "simulator".

In that case than yes. I do think the on board sounds for most cars needs minor tweaking. It's the drive by-s, external sounds + mixing that needs the most attention. Race cars simply don't sound mean enough.

M4 is a straight poly mesh port ( with updated textures). So is the dodge viper, those two cars were perfect in GT6 . Please compare the Citroen GT race car / BMW z4 / Hyundai Genesis coupe, they are straight poly mesh ports from GT6. rough polys galore!

M4 is a straight poly mesh port ( with updated textures). So is the dodge viper, those two cars were perfect in GT6 . Please compare the Citroen GT race car / BMW z4 / Hyundai Genesis coupe, they are straight poly mesh ports from GT6. rough polys galore!

The BMW M4 isn't a straight poly mesh port, they have fixed the last little details, like the BMW logo that now is perfectly rounded, and other 3D details inside the lights ;)

Citroen GT and BMW z4 comparisons have already been made

Citroen GT by Citroen https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/thre...ra-427-comparison.370332/page-2#post-12091121
BMW Z4 GT3 https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/threads/gts-vs-gt6-cars-comparison.370800/page-2#post-12103129

there is a complete list of the old comparisons in the OP https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/threads/gts-vs-gt6-cars-comparison.370800/

Last edited:
It’s annoying to see the Enzo not getting the same treatment as the other cars, primarily because that car holds a special place in my heart. The F40 also didn’t get the full treatment although it did get some polygonal upgrade. But then you look at the bloody Swift, and see that it looks fabulous and got the super-premium update! Are you kidding me, Kaz?! You chose a slow Japanese hatchback over a fantastic car named after the creator of the brand that the car is part of?!

I’ve come to the conclusion then that PD should be concentrating on making every car at the same quality, which means that the future DLCs should be smaller. A better solution would be to outsource, at least for DLC. That way they can concentrate on other things, like planning and making the next GT, or giving the rejected cars, that are already in the game, a polygonal upgrade. I don’t know about you guys, but I don’t want to wait another 4 million years just for another GT to release.

Back