HaB-Racing (ONLINE only): LM/LMP to 450-600pp roadcars sports tyres - 2015 revisions COMING SOON

• Thread starter Highlandor
  • 745 comments
* * *REVISED: 19/12/2013 * * *

Bugatti Veyron 16.4 '13
- SPORTS soft - 639pp

Stock: weight, power, aero

Fully custom gearbox (but all stock)
Front/Rear Torque Distribution (20:80)

* * * ALWAYS read 1st post before trying setup * * *

Suspension:

95 / 115
8.76 / 8.84
4 / 2
2 / 1
1 / 1
0.0 / 0.0
+0.00 / +0.20

Racing brakes:

5 / 5

LSD:

20 / 10
18 / 11
30 / 30
HAB do you have anything updated settings for the Bugattis?
I have got to find a car to match the COBRA SERIES ONE
Any suggestions

Renault Megane Trophy Base Model '11 - RACING hards / SPORTS soft- 511pp (V1.2)

SPORTS SOFT

Stock: weight, aero, engine

Suspension:

65 / 65
9.21 / 12.00
4 / 2
6 / 3
3 / 3
1.0 / 0.5
-0.05 / +0.05

Brakes:

5 / 5

LSD:

RACING HARDS

Stock: weight, aero, engine

Suspension:

65 / 65
9.21 / 12.00
4 / 1
8 / 2
3 / 3
0.8 / 0.5
0.00 / +0.10

Brakes:

5 / 5

LSD:

Hello
This setup could be used on patch version 1.3
It's valid again?
Thanks

Hello
This setup could be used on patch version 1.3
It's valid again?
Thanks

I'll have a look tomorrow - some setups are still usable, others need revising or starting again from scratch.

What specs will you be using i.e. tyres, online / offline, power etc..?

Pagani Huayra '13 - SPORTS soft - 650pp (V2.0)

Stock: aero

Engine - racing exhaust and manifold
Weight reduction stage 3 - 1120kgs
Fully custom gearbox (but all stock)

Suspension:

60 / 70
6.60 / 11.39
6 / 3
2 / 1
5 / 4
0.5 / 0.5
-0.10 / +0.02

Racing brakes:

5 / 5

LSD:

Does sub 2 minute lap in online lobby at Suzuka with g'box adjusted to 224mph top speed (stock ratio's). ABS = 1, no other driving aids, no ballast, 100% power limit, grip reduction real.

I found that this setup is prone to lots of understeer.

I found that this setup is prone to lots of understeer.

Hi..

It's a very old setup from when GT6 first came out, so it's quite outdated.

You'll have to give more details of where you were using the setup i.e. online / offline etc, track, tyres and where you're getting the understeer i.e. everywhere or going in / coming out of corner.

I tried it and it felt a bit saggy, which is about right for this tyre of car / tyre combo at about that time of the game.

Try making these changes - see if this helps:

60 / 70
6.60 / 11.39
1 / 2
1 / 2
2 / 1
0.0 / 0.0
0.00 / +0.60

Racing brakes:

5 / 5

LSD:

Not sure if that'll help until you can give more details..

Thanks for checking out the setups anyway 👍

Hi..

I tried it and it felt a bit saggy, which is about right for this tyre of car / tyre combo at about that time of the game.

[...Edited out...]

Thanks for checking out the setups anyway 👍

Woah! Does this mean you're back to playing GT6? Didn't you trade in your copy many months ago, or something like that? If you are back, what made you want to come back to GT6?

Woah! Does this mean you're back to playing GT6? Didn't you trade in your copy many months ago, or something like that? If you are back, what made you want to come back to GT6?

Hi ALB..

Yep, junked GT6 and BF4 back in February..

I had a look to see how many people on my friends list were still on the PS3 and was quite surprised as alot of the 'regulars' who I raced with were still playing. I had to buy a new PS3 about a year before GT6 came out and wasn't too happy about paying out so much for just a years use of it, when my old 60gb fatboy is still going strong after 7 years..

I didn't want to pay out for a PS4 either, so had a look around and managed to get brand new sealed copies of BF4 and GT6 for 26 quid total, which is alot better value for money then chucking the PS3 away and getting a PS4..

👍

AC cars (Cobra) 427 S/C '66 - SPORTS medium - 475pp (V3)

NOTE: we run this @ 475pp for our historics racing, so we have 100kgs ballast @ position '0' then power limit it to 475pp

Stock: aero, power
Ballast: +100kgs = position 0
Custom gearbox to your specs - if you're running high power, be better to use 'gearbox trick' (set 1st & 2nd max long, top gear shorter, close ratio 3rd, 4th, 5th)

Suspension:

90 / 90
8.19 / 6.89
2 / 2
2 / 2
1 / 1
0.0 / 0.0
-0.20 / +0.20

Racing brakes:

5 / 5

LSD:

NOTE:

key to this setup / car is getting entry set to your liking, so you'll need to adjust LSD braking sens and brake balance to how you like. As ballast is position 0, it could help setup be usable at PP levels that don't require ballast or power limiting, but more power / less weight will obviously affect traction in lower gears.

This isn't like a usual setup where it's meant to be balanced, this is more like the stereotypical MR car that is steered by you right foot / throttle.

Last edited:
Ford Mustang Mach 1 '71- SPORTS medium - 475pp (V3)

Full weight reduction = 1293kgs + Racing exhaust + power limited to required PP

Custom gearbox to your specs - if you're running high power, be better to use 'gearbox trick' (set 1st & 2nd max long, top gear shorter, close ratio 3rd, 4th, 5th)

Suspension:

100 / 100
15.39 / 6.28
1 / 2
2 / 4
2 / 4 (could use 1/3 for lower grip circuits)
0.0 / 0.0
0.0 / +0.60 (could use -0.15 / +0.20 if you want more 'turn in')

Racing brakes:

5 / 5

LSD:

Toyota Celica XX 2800GT '81 - SPORTS medium - 475pp (V3)

Full weight reduction = 1034kgs
Racing exhaust + other tuning parts to required PP

Suspension:

135 / 135
8.88 / 3.90
1 / 2
2 / 4
1 / 2
0.0 / 0.0
-0.15 / +0.20

Racing brakes:

5 / 5

LSD:

TVR V8s '91 - SPORTS hard - 475pp (V3)

Weight reduction stage 3 = 892kgs
Racing exhaust

Suspension:

120 / 120
8.69 / 7.07
1 / 2
2 / 4
1 / 1
0.0 / 0.0
-0.15 / +0.20

Racing brakes:

5 / 5

LSD:

Plymouth AAR Cuda 340 Six Barrel '70 - SPORTS medium - 475pp (V3)

Full Weight reduction stage 3 = 1276kgs
Racing exhaust - (+ adjust power limiter to required PP)

Suspension:

110 / 110
16.20 / 5.87
1 / 2
2 / 4
2 / 4 (could use 1/3 for lower grip circuits)
0.0 / 0.0
+0.10 / -0.05 (could use -0.15 / +0.20 when PP alot higher with low grip tyres)

Racing brakes:

5 / 5

LSD:

Nissan FALKEN GT-R '04 - SPORTS soft - 606pp (V3)

Stock: aero,
Weight reduction stage 3 = 1237kgs
Engine tuning stage 3 - (+ adjust power limiter to required PP)

Custom gearbox to your specs

Suspension:

90 / 90
19.36 / 16.39
1 / 2
2 / 4
2 / 2
0.0 / 0.0
+0.10 / -0.05

Racing brakes:

5 / 6 (maybe more bias between fr & rr to help protect fr tyres)

LSD (rear only):

Torque Distribution:

30 / 70

NOTE:

This is a racecar but we use SPORTS SOFT tyres for better feel. If you're using racing tyres it will affect the balance and this setup will need adjusting.

Being 4wd and racing tyres means a huge amount of grip. If you're running this car at low power / PP you can put more power to rear wheels. As with most FR 4wd cars, protecting fr tyres is priority, one helpful way is 'indirect tuning' (you change the back to affect the front).

Depending on your driving style, power / grip ratio, track (gearing) will affect which part of setup is best changed to suit your needs.

Post message with your specs and recommendations can be advised.

Last edited:
Subaru Impreza Touring Car - RACING hard - 587pp (V3)

Stock: aero, weight
Engine tuning stage 3 + HIGH rpm turbo (adjust power / power limiter to your required PP)

Suspension:

90 / 90
12.81 / 11.23
1 / 2
2 / 4
1 / 2
0.0 / 0.0
+0.10 / -0.05

Racing brakes:

5 / 5 (maybe more bias, lower fr & higher rr, between fr & rr to help protect fr tyres)

LSD:

10 / 10
20 / 10
15 / 20

Torque Distribution:

20 / 80

NOTE:

Being 4wd and racing tyres means a huge amount of grip. If you're running this car at low power / PP you can put more power to rear wheels. As with most FR 4wd cars, protecting fr tyres is priority, one helpful way is 'indirect tuning' (you change the back to affect the front).

Depending on your driving style, power / grip ratio, track (gearing) will affect which part of setup is best changed to suit your needs.

Nissan GT-R R35 Touring Car - SPORTS soft - 615pp (V3)

Stock: aero, weight, power

Suspension:

70 / 70
20.74 / 9.82
2 / 2
4 / 4
3 / 3
0.0 / 0.0
+0.10 / -0.10

Racing brakes:

5 / 5 (maybe more bias, lower fr & higher rr, between fr & rr to help protect fr tyres)

LSD:

10 / 10
20 / 10
10 / 10

Torque Distribution:

25/ 75

NOTE:

This is a racecar but we use SPORTS SOFT tyres for better feel. If you're using racing tyres it will affect the balance and this setup will need adjusting.

TVR Tuscan Speed 6 Touring Car - SPORTS soft - 586pp (V3)

Stock: aero, power, weight
(adjust power / power limiter to your required PP)

Suspension:

85 / 85
11.33 / 12.62
1 / 2
2 / 4
3 / 3 (maybe use 2 / 2 for lower grip situations)
0.0 / 0.0
-0.15 / +0.20 (could use +0.10 / -0.05 to -0.10 for higher grip situations)

Racing brakes:

6 / 6

LSD:

15 (reduce if you want more lift off turn in)

Alfa Giulia Sprint GTA 1600 '65 - SPORTS medium - 475pp (V3)

Stock: aero, weight (745kgs)

MID turbo + other tuning parts to required PP

Suspension (SOFT):

100 / 100
4.56 / 1.66
2 / 4
2 / 4
1 / 1
0.0 / 0.0
0.00 / +0.60

Suspension (HARD):

100 / 100
6.71 . 3.80
5 / 3
6 / 5
2 / 3
0.5 / 0.5
-0.15 / +0.30

Racing brakes:

5 / 5

LSD (soft setup):

LSD (hard setup):

NOTE:

Very cool car but can suffer the MR snap oversteer experienced in GT6. Suffers from lack of straight line speed though.

Last edited:
Isuzu Piazza XE '81 - SPORTS medium - 475pp (V3)

Weight reduction stage 3 = 1011kgs
MID turbo + other tuning parts to required PP
Custom gearbox - long 1st, 2nd, short 6th - close ratio 4th, 5th, 6th

Suspension:

130 / 130
11.66 / 6.22
1 / 2
2 / 4
1 / 1
0.0 / 0.0
-0.15 / +0.20 (car has plenty of traction, you could run +0.10 / -0.05 to help loosen it up)

Racing brakes:

5 / 5

LSD:

15 (adjust to suit your style: lower = more lift off turn in (oversteer), higher = less (understeer)

Lister Storm V12 Race Car '99 - RACING hards - 601pp (V3)

Stock: aero, weight

Engine tune stage 3 (but can use turbo kit or even stock engine with this setup)
Custom gearbox - stock ratios (more power/pp you might want to run longer 1st, 2nd, short 6th)

Low grip tyres / track:

Suspension:

85 / 85
26.15 / 17.65
1 / 2
2 / 4
1 / 3
0.0 / 0.0
-0.15 / +0.20

Racing brakes:

5 / 5

LSD:

10 (adjust to suit your style: lower = more lift off turn in (oversteer), higher = less (understeer)

High(er) grip tyres / track:

Suspension:

85 / 85
25.13 / 18.20
1 / 2
2 / 4
1 / 2
0.0 / 0.0
-0.15 / +0.20

Racing brakes:

5 / 5

LSD:

10 (adjust to suit your style: lower = more lift off turn in (oversteer), higher = less (understeer)

NOTE:

Notoriusly bad car i.e. 'slow'. Is possible for some specs to run + toe on fr and - toe on rear, also, you can run lower rear aero and more on front to help on tracks with longer high speed corners.

BMW M3 '07 - SPORTS hards - 550pp (V3)

Full weight reduction = 1325kgs
Engine tuned to required PP
Custom gearbox - stock ratios (more power/pp you might want to run longer 1st, 2nd, short 6th)

Suspension:

100 / 100
4.65 / 8.32
2 / 2
2 / 2
1 / 1
0.0 / 0.0
-0.15 / +0.20

Racing brakes:

5 / 5

LSD:

NOTE:

Alot of bhp, would benefit from aero for tracks with high speed corners that have elevation changes. If you're running higher grip tyres, could change springs to 5.12 / 9.09 & dampers comp to 1 / 1. Bit of a handful @ 550pp sh, breaks traction in 3rd gear no problem, but alot of fun to drive

Could possibly run dampers:

1 / 2
2 / 2

Last edited:
Oh wow! I'm so psyched that you're releasing new tunes... 👍 :D

What are your thoughts on the changes that have been made to camber? I think it was back in v1.09 or something... While camber still doesn't work like it should, there definitely are some benefits to having some camber applied for cornering, don't you think? The strange thing is, overall grip seems to go down with camber applied which seems to mean it's a trade off. You might get better mid-corner control with camber applied, but you have to figure out if you're losing grip in other places that might negate the benefit of having camber applied. I really wish they could fix this. It's very frustrating to me...

Oh wow! I'm so psyched that you're releasing new tunes... 👍 :D

What are your thoughts on the changes that have been made to camber? I think it was back in v1.09 or something... While camber still doesn't work like it should, there definitely are some benefits to having some camber applied for cornering, don't you think? The strange thing is, overall grip seems to go down with camber applied which seems to mean it's a trade off. You might get better mid-corner control with camber applied, but you have to figure out if you're losing grip in other places that might negate the benefit of having camber applied. I really wish they could fix this. It's very frustrating to me...

I don't know, I just use 0.0 for camber as it stops people asking why I'm not using it!

I don't think one variable in setups is worth spending so much time and effort on, it's crazy how some people micro analyse one variable but completely miss the big picture, but if that's what floats their boat and makes them happy then so be it.

Nothing has changed for me, there's formula's from the start of GT5 that still work extremely well on certain types of cars now. Yes, one or two variables might have 'changed', but the general philosphy of tuning hasn't - balance is king and setups are individual, both to car/ tyre / track / race specs as much as to the driver. Those 2 things have always remained constant.

To me, the 'big thing' that's changed (from GT5) is how much a setup can change (when on a 'knife-edge' of grip) owing to quite a simple variable change (i.e. 'grip' level - tyres or even race specs i.e. grip reduction real or low, tyre wear slow or fast). When you've got either plenty of grip or no grip at all, then it's not much point changing the setup alot as you're still going to have either way too much, or no-where near enough grip.

At the moment we're racing historics and testing for a racecar class, so it's those type of cars that'll have new setups being posted. As and when I get time to revisit the other setups to check, they'll get revised, but the way PD chop and change things so frequently, there's no point changing them all ASAP as sod's law, next update the physics will change making some / most of the revisions pointless (thanks PD! 👍).

I don't know what specs you guys race with, we always tried to make tyre / fuel wear a factor in our races, so it was never over until it's over. Always tune for the bigger picture i.e. race distance rather than fast lap, or a balanced setup that can cope with multiple spec / track changes with only minor adjustment.

If you can provide more details of your race specs i.e. grip real / low, tyre wear setting, race distance etc etc I can maybe have a look when we test cars for our new series :D

:cheers:

Cool...I really didn't have anything specific in mind, I was just curious if you thought there was much of a change in GT6 now compared to when you stopped playing it several months back. GT6 is the first Gran Turismo game I ever played. In fact, it's the only "serious" driving/racing game I ever played. I put the word serious in quotes because I know a lot of people laugh at the notion that PD considers Gran Turismo a driving simulator and while I wouldn't call it a true 'sim' either, I don't think it's nearly as arcade like as some people make it sound like.

I see a lot of people referring to GT5 when talking about the physics of GT6. It's a pity that I never experienced GT5 so I can't join in on those conversations. I don't spend a lot of time racing in GT6. At least, not yet. I plan on joining SNAIL sometime soon, but I wanted to make sure that I had developed at least semi-decent skills so A) I wouldn't ruin races with my incompetence, B) I might actually stand a chance at being competitive. :boggled:

So, I've mainly been spending my time in Career Mode races (until I completed S class) and then I pretty much stick to Seasonal Events and cruising with my friends. What attracted me to your specific tunes was how easy I found them to drive...and I'm talking about just when I had bought the game and was a complete n00b. Yet, they still delivered stellar performance, at least for me they did. I have many cars tuned with the label "HaB Tune" on Tab A or B, so I know where to look if I accidentally screw up a setting. I've seen a lot of tuners panic when changes to the game have come out because they've felt their tunes were now worthless with the new tweaks to the physics. I'm not saying that every single one of your tunes posted in December 2013 is still perfect with today's version of GT6, but I'd bet it wouldn't require much modification. 👍

Again...Thanks for all the wonderful tunes you've provided us with. I'm thrilled to see you posting tunes again. Now that I know you're actually playing GT6 again perhaps I will have a question or five for you, regarding one/some of your tunes. I'll have to start poking through my garage again and see if it brings back any memories of questions I might have had. Thanks... :D

Nissan Fairlady Z (Z34) '08 - SPORTS hards - 550pp (V3)

Weight reduction stage 3 = 1239kgs
Engine tuned to required PP - supercharger et al
Custom gearbox - stock ratios (you might want to run longer 1st, 2nd, short 6th)

Suspension:

105 / 105
7.43 / 6.57
2 / 2
2 / 2
2 / 1
0.0 / 0.0
-0.15 / +0.20

Racing brakes:

5 / 5

LSD:

20 (adjust to suit your style: lower = more lift off turn in (oversteer), higher = less (understeer)

NOTE:

Alot of bhp, easily breaks traction but alot of fun to drive once you get used to it. Would benefit from aero for tracks with high speed corners that have elevation changes. Like M3 '07, possibly 2 versions of this car could be useful, one with less power and aero, another with no aero and max power per pp.

2 / 2
1 / 2

Last edited:
BMW Z8 '01 - SPORTS hards - 550pp (V3)

Full Weight reduction = 1289kgs
Custom gearbox - stock ratios (you might want to run longer 1st, 2nd, short 6th)

Suspension:

110 / 110
4.03 / 7.16
1 / 1
2 / 2
2 / 1
0.0 / 0.0
-0.15 / +0.20

Racing brakes:

5 / 5

LSD:

NOTE:

Alot of bhp, easily breaks traction but alot of fun to drive once you get used to it. Would benefit from aero for tracks with high speed corners that have elevation changes. Like M3 '07, possibly 2 versions of this car could be useful, one with less power and aero, another with no aero and max power per pp.

2 / 2
1 / 2

Last edited:
TVR Tuscan Speed 6 '00 - SPORTS hards - 550pp (V3)

Stage 3 Weight reduction = 935kgs

Suspension:

85 / 85
6.95 / 7.67
2 / 4
3 / 6
3 / 1
0.0 / 0.0
-0.20 / +0.02

Racing brakes:

5 / 5

LSD:

NOTE:

Could run lower dampers if more traction required, or possibly use:

3 / 4
2 / 4

Last edited:
Corvette Z06 (C5) '04 - SPORTS hards - 550pp (V3)

Stage 3 Weight reduction = 1173kgs
Exhaust and supercharger

Suspension:

100 / 100
10.95 / 9.97
1 / 2
2 / 2
1 / 1
0.0 / 0.0
0.00 / +0.60

Racing brakes:

5 / 5

LSD:

20 (adjust to suit your style: lower = more lift off turn in (oversteer), higher = less (understeer)

Last edited:
Aston Martin DB9 '06 - SPORTS mediums - 550pp

Stage 3 Weight reduction = 1370kgs
Exhaust
Custom gearbox - stock ratios

Suspension (SOFT):

110 / 107
7.48 / 9.93
1 / 3
2 / 3
6 / 5
0.7 / 0.3
-0.15 / +0.02

Suspension (HARD):

110 / 107
13.31 / 13.61
3 / 5
4 / 6
4 / 3
0.7 / 0.3
-0.15 / +0.02

Racing brakes:

4 / 5

LSD:

Last edited:
Back