HaB-Racing (ONLINE only): LM/LMP to 450-600pp roadcars sports tyres - 2015 revisions COMING SOON

• Thread starter Highlandor
  • 745 comments
Thanks, man. I just got back from my trip so I will be looking forward to putting them through their paces and comparing your tunes with a couple of mine (I am still learning).

Hi Rampage :D

Cool - let me know how you get on, it'll be interesting to see how those compare...especially in terms of tyre heat as some setups dont seem to work too well and tyres are not reaching proper temp causing lap times to be a bit down... 👍

I'll try and have another look at the ARTA if I get a chance but a bit snowed under at the mo... :boggled:

Hello, Highlandor--

You know what you speak of & today is a good day for MR drivetrain (not that you didn't know before lol).

GT6 update info;

----Handling on MR vehicles has improved.
----While adjusting power or weight limits, displayed PP updates in real-time.

the second one is just a little nice one. I see you updated GT3 set-up's, ill have to try. Ive got pretty comfortable in R8 LMS, now that it handles better, should be really fun. Let me know if you can turn out an updated R8 set-up one more time, thanks a lot Highlandor.

Hi Gurizzi :bowdown:

Hmmm, well not sure.. PD has a history of saying they fix/do something but don't, or 'do' but in a way that doesn't clarify things, or if anything, makes things more confusing...

We tried the Phoenix R8 in an online lobby, grip reduction real & tuning prohibited, but it still felt as bad as ever. Maybe it was easier to drive, but it's got horrible feedback through the wheel, nothing like some other MR cars. A friend who loves cars like the Stratos etc tried the R8 and all we got was 10 minutes of 🤬🤬🤬🤬🤬🤬 through the mics!!!

Generally I don't think much has changed, there's MR cars that feel great and others that feel awful.. Individually, maybe hings have changed (288 GTO felt very good on default custom suspension with tuned diff), but testing all the MR in all situations is never going to happen so there's nothing conclusive IMHO, it's still pot luck as to whether the MR you jump in turns out to be a goodun' or a nightmare.

Good example was the Lotus road cars - V8 Esprit '02 was awesome, Evora gave us all post traumatic stress disorder... :banghead:

:D

Cool
Cool,I've got it set at -0.04 frt and 0.12 rear,drives very good with those settings,I'm practicing for a league race on Tsukuba,and the car seems to jump a bit in some of the corners,think I'll back off on the roll bars a bit and see what happens,thanks again bro.

Sorry bro, I made school boy error, I didn't realize I had added parts to the NSX, spent time revising the setup but wondered why it was a bit slow in a straight line - turned out I left flat floor aero on :banghead:

Damn - been a long day, probably should've called it a night earlier.. I can post that setup anyway if you want, but I'll do another without the flat floor...

I'll be posting a setup for the R34 M spec, you might want to try it at Tsukuba, it should suit the track quite well (the M spec R34 is crazy fast)..

Many thanks for your feedback and kind words 👍 :bowdown: I'll try and re-do the NSX and post the M spec tomorrow :D

Hi Rampage :D

Cool - let me know how you get on, it'll be interesting to see how those compare...especially in terms of tyre heat as some setups dont seem to work too well and tyres are not reaching proper temp causing lap times to be a bit down... 👍

I'll try and have another look at the ARTA if I get a chance but a bit snowed under at the mo... :boggled:

Hi Gurizzi :bowdown:

Hmmm, well not sure.. PD has a history of saying they fix/do something but don't, or 'do' but in a way that doesn't clarify things, or if anything, makes things more confusing...

We tried the Phoenix R8 in an online lobby, grip reduction real & tuning prohibited, but it still felt as bad as ever. Maybe it was easier to drive, but it's got horrible feedback through the wheel, nothing like some other MR cars. A friend who loves cars like the Stratos etc tried the R8 and all we got was 10 minutes of 🤬🤬🤬🤬🤬🤬 through the mics!!!

Generally I don't think much has changed, there's MR cars that feel great and others that feel awful.. Individually, maybe hings have changed (288 GTO felt very good on default custom suspension with tuned diff), but testing all the MR in all situations is never going to happen so there's nothing conclusive IMHO, it's still pot luck as to whether the MR you jump in turns out to be a goodun' or a nightmare.

Good example was the Lotus road cars - V8 Esprit '02 was awesome, Evora gave us all post traumatic stress disorder... :banghead:

:D

Sorry bro, I made school boy error, I didn't realize I had added parts to the NSX, spent time revising the setup but wondered why it was a bit slow in a straight line - turned out I left flat floor aero on :banghead:

Damn - been a long day, probably should've called it a night earlier.. I can post that setup anyway if you want, but I'll do another without the flat floor...

I'll be posting a setup for the R34 M spec, you might want to try it at Tsukuba, it should suit the track quite well (the M spec R34 is crazy fast)..

Many thanks for your feedback and kind words 👍 :bowdown: I'll try and re-do the NSX and post the M spec tomorrow :D
I actually have the flat floor on my NSX,I like it that way,backing off on the roll bars 1 knotch helped alot,the R-34M spec would be cool,our league races 525pp on sport soft tires if that would help you,don't want to ask to much but if you could look at the 03' Honda HSC that would be awesome,also would like to catch you on PSN one day if possible,my gamer tag is swjaxon,thanks bro

Hello good sir, impressive thread. I seek your advice on a car I have driven since GT3. The Nissan C-West Razo Silvia.
I just can't get my baby to go anymore =(. It just won't go around corners.
I apologize if you have already posted this, but I didn't spot it.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Cheers,
Flash.

I actually have the flat floor on my NSX,I like it that way,backing off on the roll bars 1 knotch helped alot,the R-34M spec would be cool,our league races 525pp on sport soft tires if that would help you,don't want to ask to much but if you could look at the 03' Honda HSC that would be awesome,also would like to catch you on PSN one day if possible,my gamer tag is swjaxon,thanks bro

Yep, no worries, keep forgetting about the HSC... it'll be interesting to see how that feels.. :D 👍

At the moment I'm not really using my GTP psn as we're starting our new season and I'm a bit overloaded, we have 600 members and only 100 places on my friends list for the ID I use most now, but I'll send you a friends request on my GTP ID..

Once things settle down a bit and I have a bit more free time, I could always message you a room number for you to pop in 👍

Hello good sir, impressive thread. I seek your advice on a car I have driven since GT3. The Nissan C-West Razo Silvia.
I just can't get my baby to go anymore =(. It just won't go around corners.
I apologize if you have already posted this, but I didn't spot it.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Cheers,
Flash.

Cool name(s) "Flash" and "Connor" :D 👍

Good shout about the C West Razo, totally forgot thats a GT300, yeh, I'll have to dig it out or buy one..

Notorius for understeer that car, the Sylvia's are a bit weird in GT5, they should be awesome in equal PP or power / weight racing, but never seem to live up to potential..

For a FR car that supposedly has such a good feel / balance in real life, it doesn't seem to have carried over to GT, shame, the S15 touring car looks the nuts...

:cheers::bowdown:I appreciate your help bro,I understand about being overloaded,especially with 600 members,our league only has about 100 right now but we're growing.Thanks for doing what you do.

Cool - many thanks for your feedback and comments :D

Revised setup in NSX post 👍

I used stock wheels and no aero as the flat floor seems to give a large amount of stability (too much for me), personally I'd save it/use it on higher pp car (around 600pp) but if you prefer it with it on then no worries.. 👍

If you're running sports softs and 525pp, even the really short gearing needed for Tsukuba should still be able to grip OK..

I'm not sure how well balanced the car will be on SS tyres, let me know if you get understeer/oversteer or any "wobbles" when lifting off gas/brake and I'll try and help get it sorted :D

You could possibly loosen up the LSD to help make the most of the car's power/grip ratio your running, maybe try raising the LSD acc little by little (just 1 or 2 at a time).. 👍

Nissan Skyline GT-R M spec Nur (R34) '02 - SPORTS hard - 550pp (V2.1)

Stock: aero
Engine - high turbo & racing exhaust
All drivetrain parts upgraded
Weight reduction stage 3 = 1279kgs
Fully custom gearbox (stock ratios)

* * * ALWAYS read 1st post before trying setup * * *

Suspension:

110 / 110
7.83 / 6.50
2 / 5
4 / 6
4 / 3
0.0 / 0.0
+0.10 / -0.05

Racing brakes:

4 / 6

LSD:

5 / 7
18 / 10
5 / 10

Fr / Rr torque distribution:

30:70

Last edited:
Lotus Esprit V8 '02 - SPORTS hard - 550pp (V2.1)

Engine - HIGH turbo, semi racing exhaust
Weight reduction stage 3 - 1145kgs

Suspension:

110 / 110
5.87 / 5.75
2 / 1
4 / 2
5 / 5
0.0 / 0.0
-0.10 / 0.02

Racing brakes:

5 / 5

LSD:

24 (reduce for more lift off turn in, increase for less)

Love or hate car, getting brakes, but especially turn in and lifting off settings right for you is almost essential. Doesn't reward aggression going into a corner, it's all about being very smooth braking and going in and getting car setup 'right' (for you) at apex..

Get it right and it's superb, but if it's not dialled in right, or not timed right then it's a mare...

Last edited:
Got a new test for you H. 500pp classic US muscle '71 or before. Noticed you haven't touched on these beasts yet. Track will either be laguna seca or grand valley full but I can work the trans out accordingly myself. Need suspension and diff mostly sorted

It's a cheap one at 75,000 cr.
But thanks, has the potential to be a damn good car. But alas, as much of a car lover as I am, I haven't got a clue when it comes to tuning lol.

Cool - many thanks for your feedback and comments :D

Revised setup in NSX post 👍

I used stock wheels and no aero as the flat floor seems to give a large amount of stability (too much for me), personally I'd save it/use it on higher pp car (around 600pp) but if you prefer it with it on then no worries.. 👍

If you're running sports softs and 525pp, even the really short gearing needed for Tsukuba should still be able to grip OK..

I'm not sure how well balanced the car will be on SS tyres, let me know if you get understeer/oversteer or any "wobbles" when lifting off gas/brake and I'll try and help get it sorted :D

You could possibly loosen up the LSD to help make the most of the car's power/grip ratio your running, maybe try raising the LSD acc little by little (just 1 or 2 at a time).. 👍
I'm actually gonna use the S2000 R1 with your tune on it,we were practicing yesterday and I was smoking everybody till the dude with the 03' HSC came into the room,hence the interest in a tune for it,thanks for the info brother

Got a new test for you H. 500pp classic US muscle '71 or before. Noticed you haven't touched on these beasts yet. Track will either be laguna seca or grand valley full but I can work the trans out accordingly myself. Need suspension and diff mostly sorted

Hmmmmmm... .......ummmm ........ er............ ummm.... er...... check the historic road cars, couple in there :D

It's a cheap one at 75,000 cr.
But thanks, has the potential to be a damn good car. But alas, as much of a car lover as I am, I haven't got a clue when it comes to tuning lol.

I found this in my garage, will try and get on it ASAP 👍

I'm actually gonna use the S2000 R1 with your tune on it,we were practicing yesterday and I was smoking everybody till the dude with the 03' HSC came into the room,hence the interest in a tune for it,thanks for the info brother

Amuse R1 is a beast..if you're running it on sports soft, maybe try raising the roll bars both by +1 and doing same to compression too, you could possibly raise the LSD acc a little aswell, maybe even tweak the fr toe a little further more...

👍

Renault sport Clio V6 24V '00 - SPORTS hard - 450pp

Full weight reduction = 1093kgs
Semi racing exhaust

Suspension (SOFT):

105 / 105
5.35 / 4.81
2 / 1
3 / 2
6 / 7
0.3 / 0.7
-0.05 / +0.10

Suspension (HARD):

105 / 105
7.08 / 7.89
4 / 3
5 / 5
4 / 4
0.3 / 0.7
-0.05 / +0.10

Racing brakes:

4 / 5 (adjust to suit your style)

LSD:

18 (adjust to suit your style: lower = more lift off turn in (oversteer), higher = less (understeer)

Last edited:
Hmmmmmm... .......ummmm ........ er............ ummm.... er...... check the historic road cars, couple in there :D

I found this in my garage, will try and get on it ASAP 👍

Amuse R1 is a beast..if you're running it on sports soft, maybe try raising the roll bars both by +1 and doing same to compression too, you could possibly raise the LSD acc a little aswell, maybe even tweak the fr toe a little further more...

👍
Thanks for the tips H,I posted a 5th and 6th place last night in our league races,best I've done so far this season,still got smoked by the HSC and a couple NSX's,thanks for your help bro

Thanks for the tips H,I posted a 5th and 6th place last night in our league races,best I've done so far this season,still got smoked by the HSC and a couple NSX's,thanks for your help bro

Doh, sorry dude, been a bit choatic last 24hrs and was hosting last night so didn't get those suggestions for the R1 posted on time..

When's / where your next race?

Honda Civic Type R (EK) '97 - SPORTS hards - 450pp

Engine - MID turbo and exhaust parts etc
full weight reduction = 877kgs

Suspension (SOFT):

110 / 110
5.11 / 4.73
1 / 3
2 / 4
6 / 5
0.7 / 0.3
+0.10 / -0.08

Suspension (MEDIUM):

110 / 110
11.60 / 5.11
3 / 3
6 / 4
2 / 5 = roll bars on smooth tracks
3 / 6 = roll bars on bumpy tracks
0.7 / 0.3
+0.10 / -0.08

For online racing / tyre wear / more grippy tyres change springs, dampers, roll bars to:

9.12 / 6.63
3 / 5
5 / 6
3 / 3 (use 4 / 4 for higher grip tyres/tracks)

Racing brakes:

4 / 6

LSD:

NOTE:

For more lift off turn in, raise fr ride height and lower rr same amount, change 3mm at a time i.e. 110/107, 113/107

Recommend running long 1st and 2nd gear to help put power down, with mid turbo it helps to protect front tyres from too much wear.

Last edited:
Highend G37 - SPORTS hard - 550pp (V2.1)

Engine - exhaust
Weight reduction stage 3 - 1261kgs

Suspension:

90 / 90
12.58 / 10.30
1 / 2
2 / 4
4 / 4
0.5 / 0.5
+0.05 / -0.05

Racing brakes:

5 / 5

LSD:

Another real solid tune. This understeers a little more than I would want; but it's solid, predictable and you'll be able to bolt on more power without need for any changes I reckon.

Thanks again 👍

edit: Just noticed your Civic '97 tune....... I'll be back with another quick review! :D

Another real solid tune. This understeers a little more than I would want; but it's solid, predictable and you'll be able to bolt on more power without need for any changes I reckon.

Thanks again 👍

edit: Just noticed your Civic '97 tune....... I'll be back with another quick review! :D

Cool, no worries Andy - try reducing front roll bar down to 3 (whatever works better for you!), or raising rear roll bar up to 5, that should help a little 👍

One of my sons and I spent some time with your GT300 tunes on Fuji-F the last couple days. They are all good, solid tunes that are also fairly easy to drive. I turned my fastest time in my own tune of the MR-S tailored to my driving style but was close behind in the Garaiya and the Celica with your tunes. My son blistered me by 2.4 seconds in your RX-7 tune which was the fastest car he tested. For reference, he was 1.4 seconds faster than me in the MR-S. He got all the cars under 1:45:00 using a G27 cockpit with inverted pedals after 5-7 laps. The RX-7 ran a 1:43:503. He normally plays with a DS3 so he had to learn the cockpit as he learned the cars and the track. I am sure we can still peel off some more time with a little practice plus some transmission tuning and a tweak here and there to adjust the car to the feel we prefer. All in all, I commend you for some solid tunes and a noticeable improvement over the stock tunes which are already pretty decent.

Edit: All cars were run at 518PP, Racing Hard tires, Online, All assist off except ABS at 1.

Last edited:
I'll do that :) Thanks again for your input and your tunes. It's great to pick up tuning tips from guys such as yourself 👍

Cool, no worries :D

The roll bar tweak is just a bit of a quick fix rather than a magic cure, sometimes swapping toe from + Front / - Rear can help, sometimes it's the diff etc etc ...

Have you given the Civic a spin yet? Curious to see how it went, it felt pretty good... (from someone who's a ma-hoo-siv VDub fan that says alot!!)..

I was pretty pleased with the MK V Golf GTi, but not sure how 1.03 update has affected that... hope it hasn't changed it too much as that car felt superb..

Just made the vette tune, awesome and very precise.

Cool, thanks for the feedback :D

Just curious, which Vette was it?? The Vette's were quite under-rated cars in GT5.. there were variants of it which were pretty fast at alot of different levels/classes, the C4 and C5 were a bit of a mare though, don't think Kaz liked them too much :lol:

One of my sons and I spent some time with your GT300 tunes on Fuji-F the last couple days. They are all good, solid tunes that are also fairly easy to drive. I turned my fastest time in my own tune of the MR-S tailored to my driving style but was close behind in the Garaiya and the Celica with your tunes. My son blistered me by 2.4 seconds in your RX-7 tune which was the fastest car he tested. For reference, he was 1.4 seconds faster than me in the MR-S. He got all the cars under 1:45:00 using a G27 cockpit with inverted pedals after 5-7 laps. The RX-7 ran a 1:43:503. He normally plays with a DS3 so he had to learn the cockpit as he learned the cars and the track. I am sure we can still peel off some more time with a little practice plus some transmission tuning and a tweak here and there to adjust the car to the feel we prefer. All in all, I commend you for some solid tunes and a noticeable improvement over the stock tunes which are already pretty decent.

Edit: All cars were run at 518PP, Racing Hard tires, Online, All assist off except ABS at 1.

Cool, thanks Rampage.. Didn't think they'd be that much better than stock around Fuji but good news you saw a bit of an improvement. Think Fuji suits the RX7 quite well, it could be different results somewhere with a lower top speed and more twisty (especially with height undulations i.e. Brands or Trial Mountain..)..

LOL - is that the last time you let your son use a G27 then!?!?!? Goddammit you little whippersnapper, get back on that DS3 and stop beating my times... :lol:

I've done a setup for the C West Razo Sylva as I forgot about that, might try the MRs but they're still a bit hit and miss, quite easy to go round in circles for a couple of hours only to find stock settings work better :embarrassed: :mad:

LOL. The other son is usually even faster so I am used to being humbled by them. At least I have some real world race experience that I can still brag about and lord over them.
The MR-S is a different creature. I have it set up for lift throttle oversteer to help with rotation into the corners but you a treading a fine line between being fast and being backwards. It is probably the hardest GT300 to drive fast but it can be fast.
I will try the Silvia tune. I have been told that you cannot make that car competitive at an equal PP with the other GT300s. I have a tune on it myself and it seems to be in the ballpark. It just sounds so weird (terrible)!

Besides Fuji, I was going to test on Laguna Seca but then I started thinking that those tracks were too similar. I now plan to run them all on Tsukuba.

Edit: I do not see your Sylva GT300 tune posted up any place.

Last edited:
SLS AMG GT3 '11 - RACING hard - 610PP

Stock: engine, weight,

Aero & gearbox to suit track

Suspension:

55 / 60
18.46 / 19.80
3 / 6
2 / 4
3 / 3
1.0 / 1.0
-0.15 / +0.02

Racing brakes:

5 / 5

LSD:

ALTERNATE:

Suspension:

70 / 75
20.53 / 21.94
4 / 4
6 / 6
3 / 3
0.0 / 0.0
-0.20 / +0.02 (could maybe run +0.05 / -0.02 to -0.10)

Brakes:

5 / 5

LSD:

Sorry if this has already been asked but what's the difference in feel between the 2 tunes for this?

LOL. The other son is usually even faster so I am used to being humbled by them. At least I have some real world race experience that I can still brag about and lord over them.
The MR-S is a different creature. I have it set up for lift throttle oversteer to help with rotation into the corners but you a treading a fine line between being fast and being backwards. It is probably the hardest GT300 to drive fast but it can be fast.
I will try the Silvia tune. I have been told that you cannot make that car competitive at an equal PP with the other GT300s. I have a tune on it myself and it seems to be in the ballpark. It just sounds so weird (terrible)!

Besides Fuji, I was going to test on Laguna Seca but then I started thinking that those tracks were too similar. I now plan to run them all on Tsukuba.

Edit: I do not see your Sylva GT300 tune posted up any place.

What racing did you do in real life??

Haven't posted the C West Razo yet, will be posting that shortly.. It always has been a bit uncompetitive when racing it lb for lb i.e. same PP or power / weight / tyres, it doesn't seem too bad for GT6 but it's a bit down on power as stock. Yes, it sounds like a wet fart amplified by a cherry bomb... not nice at all... !!

Tsukuba is ok, but I found that Brands Hatch Indy is quite a handy place for a very quick test, if your setup can't handle the first turn and last sequence / corners then you might need to look at it. Elevation changes in corners, camber and kerbs seem to be the things that can cause he most issues with setups, especially stock ones, so for the cars which seem very good stock, I try to make these problems area's a bit safer... hopefully!

Sorry if this has already been asked but what's the difference in feel between the 2 tunes for this?

Hi Pete..

Second setup should be a bit tighter, better feel, less soft / understeer-y.. most of my friends that tried it (compared to the first one) preferred it and went a bit faster with it generally... 👍

Back