HaB-Racing (ONLINE only): LM/LMP to 450-600pp roadcars sports tyres - 2015 revisions COMING SOON

• Thread starter Highlandor
  • 745 comments
Hi Flash 👍

No worries.. :D seems to be a bit hit and miss i.e. OK for some but understeer for others, if you're finding it understeers too let me know and I can suggest some changes that hopefully might help 💡

Cool, this is a beast of a car, but might need a different setup for flatter / smoother tracks, not sure. As with alot of my setups, gone with a softer approach to play it safe and help with traction, rather than creating a tyre smoking sideways monster... :D

Thanks for your support and trying the setups :bowdown:

Hey pal,
Gave both cars a shot. The C-West is definitely improved in terms of responsiveness. Gave it a run on Apricot Hill. Still a bit of understeer, but I'm beginning to think that there is no complete fix for that. A shame considering how successful the Silvias were in GT300 during the late 90's. Poor by PD on that front.

Now the S2000 GT1. Again a vast improvement. I'd agree with the need for a different setup for flat tracks though. I ran it on Silverstone and it really struggled to get any power out of corners. But still nowhere near as tail-happy as it was. I think this car is a case of too much power for what it is. Tried limiting it to GT500 power and it really came to life.

Hope this was in some way useful.

Out if interest, what track do you use for testing, and do you use TCS or other aids? (I try not to if I can, ABS only).

Thanks again Highlandor.

Ok andy, now I need an interesting but semi competitive 450pp car that weighs at least 1300kg for deep forest reverse. Would prefer fr but not necessary. Anything off the top of your head?

Hey H,how you doing bro.I just wanted you to know,I'll be using your tunes exclusively for my league,your the man bro.Also I'm using your HSV-010 tune for some GT500 races we are doing and need some help tweeking it,I'm getting a little oversteer when entering a corner,and a little understeer coming out of the corners,example like on Silverstone GP track,also any headway on the HSC 03' tune,thanks again brother,keep up the GREAT work.

Hey pal,
Gave both cars a shot. The C-West is definitely improved in terms of responsiveness. Gave it a run on Apricot Hill. Still a bit of understeer, but I'm beginning to think that there is no complete fix for that. A shame considering how successful the Silvias were in GT300 during the late 90's. Poor by PD on that front.

Now the S2000 GT1. Again a vast improvement. I'd agree with the need for a different setup for flat tracks though. I ran it on Silverstone and it really struggled to get any power out of corners. But still nowhere near as tail-happy as it was. I think this car is a case of too much power for what it is. Tried limiting it to GT500 power and it really came to life.

Hope this was in some way useful.

Out if interest, what track do you use for testing, and do you use TCS or other aids? (I try not to if I can, ABS only).

Thanks again Highlandor.

Hi Flash :D

There's still room for improvement on the C West Razo, it's just a case of which tweak will work best (for that person) without impacting the things they like about the feel. Maybe try things like raising rear roll bar, or raising rear ext and front compresion (to equal front extension) on dampers, you could try increasing front + toe and - rear toe to +0.10 / -0.10 - the problem is keeping the smooth transition from braking to turning in to accelerating out. Sometimes adding "more" to how the car turns off / on throttle can cause an in balance in transition from braking to turning in.

Cool, glad the Amuse feels a bit better, chaning the gearing (if you haven't already done so) might help.. Move top gear all way to right, then first and second all way to left, then evenly space out gears in between and reset your top speed using final gear (directly underneath your ratios ) but NOT the top speed adjuster.

I use all sorts of tracks now, as am getting a bit bored of the same track(s), but I'd recommend Suzuka and Apricot hill to check cars ability to deal with cambered corners and weight transfer, Trial Mountain is quite good for ride height checks and dealing with compression, Brands Hatch Indy is quite handy, it's short but the first and last 2 corners can be quite revealing, if your car/setup can't handle them, then you know something isn't quite right.

As always - thanks for your support and feedback, hope this helps :cheers:

👍

Ok andy, now I need an interesting but semi competitive 450pp car that weighs at least 1300kg for deep forest reverse. Would prefer fr but not necessary. Anything off the top of your head?

Yep, no problemo.. what tyres will you be on? Also, whats the rules for your series, is ballast allowed?

There's an obvious "cheat car" for these regs (450pp 1300kgs), it's very fast, maybe a bit too fast, but I think we could find a "Whitey" special :sly:

Might not be fast enough to win, but like the RX7 and MX5, you should be able to have some fun and maybe beat some cars that should be faster :D

Don't forget the mazda furai.

Maybe....I'll see..

Hey H,how you doing bro.I just wanted you to know,I'll be using your tunes exclusively for my league,your the man bro.Also I'm using your HSV-010 tune for some GT500 races we are doing and need some help tweeking it,I'm getting a little oversteer when entering a corner,and a little understeer coming out of the corners,example like on Silverstone GP track,also any headway on the HSC 03' tune,thanks again brother,keep up the GREAT work.

Stressed!! I hate this game....it's killing me, but hey ho, c'est la vie... Why oh why did PD release this piece of cr*p after 3 years of us having to endure GT5.. Far too many problems online.. Would love to jack it all in and just come back for GT7 or maybe Project Cars...

Can't beleive they gave us all the same online problems we had in GT5 and added new ones... Love the way I start 100 metres behind everyone else on our reverse grid races!! :banghead:

Oh well, what can you do, just got to take it on the chin and hope some of these will be fixed (really missing our endurance races and championships)..

OK - HSV, no problem (hopefully), when you say "entering" a corner, is this on brakes or when you lift off the brakes and turn in?

Ooops.. HSC.. yep, forgot about that, I'll try and have a look at it this afternoon maybe :D

As always, thanks for your feedback and support :cheers: 👍

Bugatti veyron 13' tune?

Please...thanks.. like button..???? :rolleyes:

No manners, no setup / help... pretty simple rule most people have in life..

Last edited:
Yeah H,sorry I wasn't more specific about the HSV,it's pretty much after brakes are applied and weight has transferred that it does this,honestly it may just be me,I'm a pretty aggressive driver,but I haven't had any trouble with any of the other tunes I'm using.But this is the highest powered car web used so far too.I hate that your stressing bro,take a deep breath and chillax.Also thanks for the Hyundai Genesis tune,I love that car,gonna buy a real one later this year,take is easy bro,hope to see you on the track one day.

Hi Flash :D

There's still room for improvement on the C West Razo, it's just a case of which tweak will work best (for that person) without impacting the things they like about the feel. Maybe try things like raising rear roll bar, or raising rear ext and front compresion (to equal front extension) on dampers, you could try increasing front + toe and - rear toe to +0.10 / -0.10 - the problem is keeping the smooth transition from braking to turning in to accelerating out. Sometimes adding "more" to how the car turns off / on throttle can cause an in balance in transition from braking to turning in.

Cool, glad the Amuse feels a bit better, chaning the gearing (if you haven't already done so) might help.. Move top gear all way to right, then first and second all way to left, then evenly space out gears in between and reset your top speed using final gear (directly underneath your ratios ) but NOT the top speed adjuster.

I use all sorts of tracks now, as am getting a bit bored of the same track(s), but I'd recommend Suzuka and Apricot hill to check cars ability to deal with cambered corners and weight transfer, Trial Mountain is quite good for ride height checks and dealing with compression, Brands Hatch Indy is quite handy, it's short but the first and last 2 corners can be quite revealing, if your car/setup can't handle them, then you know something isn't quite right.

As always - thanks for your support and feedback, hope this helps :cheers:

👍

Yep, no problemo.. what tyres will you be on? Also, whats the rules for your series, is ballast allowed?

There's an obvious "cheat car" for these regs (450pp 1300kgs), it's very fast, maybe a bit too fast, but I think we could find a "Whitey" special :sly:

Might not be fast enough to win, but like the RX7 and MX5, you should be able to have some fun and maybe beat some cars that should be faster :D

Maybe....I'll see..

Stressed!! I hate this game....it's killing me, but hey ho, c'est la vie... Why oh why did PD release this piece of cr*p after 3 years of us having to endure GT5.. Far too many problems online.. Would love to jack it all in and just come back for GT7 or maybe Project Cars...

Can't beleive they gave us all the same online problems we had in GT5 and added new ones... Love the way I start 100 metres behind everyone else on our reverse grid races!! :banghead:

Oh well, what can you do, just got to take it on the chin and hope some of these will be fixed (really missing our endurance races and championships)..

OK - HSV, no problem (hopefully), when you say "entering" a corner, is this on brakes or when you lift off the brakes and turn in?

Ooops.. HSC.. yep, forgot about that, I'll try and have a look at it this afternoon maybe :D

As always, thanks for your feedback and support :cheers: 👍

Please...thanks.. like button..???? :rolleyes:

No manners, no setup / help... pretty simple rule most people have in life..

Hey Highlandor,
Just wanted to say thanks heaps & respect to you for the work you do here. I've had success with your tunes. Many wins. I like your kind of mechanical magic.

Thanks again
Pete

Honda HSC '03 - SPORTS SOFT - 525pp (V2.1)

Stock: weight, aero

Engine - all 'bolt on' parts, no engine tuning
Fully custom gearbox (stock ratios)

Suspension:

85 / 85
8.68 / 10.85
4 / 6
4 / 6
4 / 4
0.0 / 0.0
-0.05 / +0.02

Racing brakes:

5 / 5

LSD:

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

SPORTS hard - 550pp (V2.1)

Suspension:

85 / 85
6.59 / 8.33
2 / 4
2 / 4
5 / 5
0.0 / 0.0
-0.05 / +0.10

Racing Brakes:

5 / 5 - this will need adjusting the most (to uit different styles), if car 'nose dives' too much, reduce to 4 / 4, or change fr/ rr balance. Try 5 / 3 or even 3 / 5, it'll depending on your braking force / style which will be best suited.

LSD:

Last edited:
CS tires. Not interested in a "cheat" car. A Whitey special would be good. Looked at the 450 tunes you have posted but can't decide.

PM sent amigo 👍

Yeah H,sorry I wasn't more specific about the HSV,it's pretty much after brakes are applied and weight has transferred that it does this,honestly it may just be me,I'm a pretty aggressive driver,but I haven't had any trouble with any of the other tunes I'm using.But this is the highest powered car web used so far too.I hate that your stressing bro,take a deep breath and chillax.Also thanks for the Hyundai Genesis tune,I love that car,gonna buy a real one later this year,take is easy bro,hope to see you on the track one day.

No worries, that sounds pretty familiar issue with the MR cars, don't think it's down to the driving. I tend to be (well, try to be) fairly gentle on the brakes, not use 100% and try to trail brake deep into the corner..

I've tried to do something with the HSC for you, will try and have a look at the HSV. Temporarily, you could possibly just adjust the brake balance, but this is going to sound a bit nuts. By reducing the rear brake, this should stabilise the car under braking i.e. reduce oversteer, but sometimes this can make our problem worse by makin the weight transfer more violent...so reversing that and having the rear brakes higher to slow down the weight transfer. It could be 3 / 5, or 2 / 6, or 4 / 8 - whichever works, only problem is it can turn the car in more, so will be a bit of trial and error until you find something that suits your braking.

The HSV setup is an old one, I cant remember what I used or how it felt, so I'll have to try and look at it over the weekend 👍

Hey Highlandor,
Just wanted to say thanks heaps & respect to you for the work you do here. I've had success with your tunes. Many wins. I like your kind of mechanical magic.

Thanks again
Pete

Cool - many thanks Pete, much appreciated :D

Just out of curiosity, which cars did you use - a mix or roadcars, racecars..??

👍

PM sent amigo 👍

No worries, that sounds pretty familiar issue with the MR cars, don't think it's down to the driving. I tend to be (well, try to be) fairly gentle on the brakes, not use 100% and try to trail brake deep into the corner..

I've tried to do something with the HSC for you, will try and have a look at the HSV. Temporarily, you could possibly just adjust the brake balance, but this is going to sound a bit nuts. By reducing the rear brake, this should stabilise the car under braking i.e. reduce oversteer, but sometimes this can make our problem worse by makin the weight transfer more violent...so reversing that and having the rear brakes higher to slow down the weight transfer. It could be 3 / 5, or 2 / 6, or 4 / 8 - whichever works, only problem is it can turn the car in more, so will be a bit of trial and error until you find something that suits your braking.

The HSV setup is an old one, I cant remember what I used or how it felt, so I'll have to try and look at it over the weekend 👍

Cool - many thanks Pete, much appreciated :D

Just out of curiosity, which cars did you use - a mix or roadcars, racecars..??

👍

Only race cars so far. I'm not in the garage at the moment so I can't tell you which ones but I'll check & let you know the next time I've got the helmet on :-)

Only race cars so far. I'm not in the garage at the moment so I can't tell you which ones but I'll check & let you know the next time I've got the helmet on :-)

Hey H,
I've used your tunes on cars from the GT300 class. Going to attempt the Nurb 24 mins in the '08 Cusco Impreza. It turns really well that one. Also had success with the Wedsport IS350, Amemiya RX7 & BRZ.
It's a pity the C-West Silvia can't be made to behave. Oh well it sounds crap anyway!

Enjoy the weekend
Pete

Honda HSC '03 - SPORTS SOFT - 525pp (V2.1)

Stock: weight, aero

Engine - all 'bolt on' parts, no engine tuning

Suspension:

85 / 85
8.68 / 10.85
4 / 6
4 / 6
4 / 4
0.0 / 0.0
-0.05 / +0.02

Racing brakes:

5 / 5

LSD:

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
SPORTS hard - 550pp (V2.1)

Suspension:

85 / 85
6.59 / 8.33
2 / 4
2 / 4
5 / 5
0.0 / 0.0
-0.05 / +0.10

Racing Brakes:

5 / 5 - this will need adjusting the most (to uit different styles), if car 'nose dives' too much, reduce to 4 / 4, or change fr/ rr balance. Try 5 / 3 or even 3 / 5, it'll depending on your braking force / style which will be best suited.

LSD:

super tune thanks You very much:)

RE Amemiya RX7 '06 & Base model '06 - RACING hards - 504PP (V2.1)

Stock: power, aero, gearbox

* * * ALWAYS read 1st post before trying setup * * *

Suspension:

55 / 55
14.17 / 15.18
2 / 2
4 / 4
4 / 4
0.5 / 0.5
-0.05 / +0.02

Brakes:

5 / 5

LSD:

My favourite GT300 car just got better, love this tune! Took nearly 2 seconds off my best time at Suzuka. 👍

I'd love an Autobacs Garaiya tune if you have the time please. Take your time though as i'll be having plenty of fun in the RX7!

As always, great work:bowdown:

The McLaren F1 Race car is also very good. Made the S License Races i could use it in alot easier. Won a couple of races online with it too 👍👍

Can you please help me get the best tune for the Bugatti veyron 13' thanks

OK - I need to revise the Veyron setup I did a while ago, think both cars should be the same. Got quite alot to do at the moment, but will try to do this in next week 👍

Hey H,
I've used your tunes on cars from the GT300 class. Going to attempt the Nurb 24 mins in the '08 Cusco Impreza. It turns really well that one. Also had success with the Wedsport IS350, Amemiya RX7 & BRZ.
It's a pity the C-West Silvia can't be made to behave. Oh well it sounds crap anyway!

Enjoy the weekend
Pete

Hmmm, weird about that Razo, I can revise the whole setup so it's wild for me, which hopefully might make it about right for you guys (that find it a bit under-steery) 👍

Cool, glad you like the GT300's, wasn't sure if those setups would be any good, interesting the RX7 had some big gains...

Thanks for your feedback as always :D

:bowdown:

super tune thanks You very much:)

Cool - no worries amigo :D

Thanks for your feedback

👍

The McLaren F1 Race car is also very good. Made the S License Races i could use it in alot easier. Won a couple of races online with it too 👍👍

Cool - the McLaren F1s (road and race) seem to have a love hate following, some guys love them for being a bit wild, others hate them for this - it's difficult to find a setup that caters for both...

Just noticed you're in East Sussex, I'm at the top of the M23 (a couple of miles o'er the hills) towards Epsom Downs.....

:D

Keep up the good work.
👍

Thank you :D

:cheers:
👍

MINES Lancer Evolution VI '00 - SPORTS medium - 550pp (V2.1)

Stock: aero

Engine -MID rpm turbo
Weight reduction stage 3 = 1125kgs
Fully custom gearbox - final gear all way to right, max speed to let, final gear reset to required top speed

Suspension:

100 / 120
9.22 / 8.33
2 / 4
3 / 6
3 / 3
0.0 / 0.0
+0.10 / -0.05

Racing brakes:

4 / 8

LSD:

3 / 7
18 / 10
8 / 20

Fr / Rr torque distribution:

25:75

NISMO 400R '96 - SPORTS medium - 550pp (V2.1)

Stock: aero

Engine: HIGH turbo, exhaust parts
Weight reduction stage 3 = 1255kgs

Suspension:

105 / 105
13.69 / 11.79
1 / 2
2 / 4
4 / 4
0.0 / 0.0
+0.10 / -0.05

Racing brakes:

4 / 8

LSD:

5 / 7
20 / 10
5 / 10

Fr / Rr torque distribution:

30:70

Cool - the McLaren F1s (road and race) seem to have a love hate following, some guys love them for being a bit wild, others hate them for this - it's difficult to find a setup that caters for both...

Just noticed you're in East Sussex, I'm at the top of the M23 (a couple of miles o'er the hills) towards Epsom Downs.....

:D
I find its wildness predictable enough to manage. It has caught me out a couple of times but most of the time i'd rather a car have a bit of character than be totally lifeless. That F1 has alot of character!

Yeah i'm not too far from Brighton, just off the Sussex Downs but i'm a Northerner born n bred. Moved down for work. Folk are nice enough and the roads are a lot more scenic (i'm a driver) so i can't complain.

Hi Highlandor,

I've tried your Shelby GT500 settings. Improvements in pretty much every areas, better turn in and cornering speed, lot more stability making the car easier to push to the limit, you still need to be cautious with the rear but nothing inexpectable.

This car isn't and never will be a ballerina but it's definitely easier, more enjoyable.
Good job, especially since you don't use ballast. Thanks again. :)

Hey H,thanks for the HSC tune,it's a beast but definetly gonna need some tweeking.Still faster than anything else I've tried but a bit harder to control.We're racing on Motegi superspeedway this week and it pushes hard in the tighter corner. On another note,I really enjoy driving the cars with your tunes,makes my gaming so much more enjoyable,thanks a lot bro.

Hi Highlandor,

I've tried your Shelby GT500 settings. Improvements in pretty much every areas, better turn in and cornering speed, lot more stability making the car easier to push to the limit, you still need to be cautious with the rear but nothing inexpectable.

This car isn't and never will be a ballerina but it's definitely easier, more enjoyable.
Good job, especially since you don't use ballast. Thanks again. :)

Cool - thank you :D

It shouldn't be too much work to get the car more responsive if you want.. 👍

All your tunes on the Lambos are great.
Finally I can drive them and enjoy them.
Many thanks my friend.
can you do the countach please? :)

Many thanks 👍

I thought the Reventon wasn't quite right, so am meaning to go back and have a 2nd go at it, along with a few other cars....but if it worked for you then that's cool :D

I think I got the Countach, but haven't driven it yet, I'll have a few laps in it and see what I can do - what PP / tyres etc do you need it for?

Hey H,thanks for the HSC tune,it's a beast but definetly gonna need some tweeking.Still faster than anything else I've tried but a bit harder to control.We're racing on Motegi superspeedway this week and it pushes hard in the tighter corner. On another note,I really enjoy driving the cars with your tunes,makes my gaming so much more enjoyable,thanks a lot bro.

OK, no worries.. (apologies, can't remember if asked you before) - do you use wheel or pad (if pad, what setting do you use i.e. steering sensitivity)..? Did you use the setup as it was or add aero?

It's helpful to know this as it'll hopefully make trouble-shooting the tune alot easier..

I'm presuming when you say 'push', you mean understeer?

Pretty sure we should be able to come up with something to make this a bit better - might be worth copying the setup over to another setup sheet in your settings and do a bespoke tune for Motegi oval.?

Thanks as always for your support :bowdown:

👍

Back