Hackers, check it out!

Unless its a realistic hack/car mod. Like putting an LS7 (from the Corvette Z06 '06) into the Nova. IMO, I'm ok with that being online because its something cool that PD should put in the game, but won't.
Red bull engine swaps...I'm not Ok with.

As interesting as motor swaps sound, doing it by hybriding and bringing them online isn't acceptable. It's still hacking and altering the game to give themselves an advantage. Even suspension/chassis hacks make incredible differences. The only thing that might be acceptable is visual/livery hacks, but even then you can't be sure if they didn't do something else.

That aside, if you're doing it strictly offline, you can make a monster truck for all I care. Go nuts. Put a Viper motor in a Fiat 500, cool. Just don't bring it online and ruin our competition because you want to burn out at 300MPH.

Unless its a realistic hack/car mod. Like putting an LS7 (from the Corvette Z06 '06) into the Nova. IMO, I'm ok with that being online because its something cool that PD should put in the game, but won't.
Red bull engine swaps...I'm not Ok with.
Just thinking of Red Bull swaps makes me shudder. I'm glad of the few hackers I've encountered, all of them were driving simple 600HP Civics or blatantly obvious Fiats.

What's this misconception that hacks are always used as an "unfair advantage"?

Perhaps it's just for fun and cruising? Or hybrid drift builds for example, I have a R32 GT-R with the drivetrain from a GTS-T... Stance hybrids are another thing too...

Not every "hacker" as you put it, uses their hybrids to win online races with redbull engines and stupendous grip.

I will admit there are people with those intentions, which gives the rest of the modders a bad image.

Oh, and engine swaps aren't actually possible in GT6, just engine sound swaps. (Everything else is still possible mind due)

Last edited:
What's this misconception that hacks are always used as an "unfair advantage"?

Perhaps it's just for fun and cruising? Or hybrid drift builds for example, I have a R32 GT-R with the drivetrain from a GTS-T... Stance hybrids are another thing too...

Not every "hacker" as you put it, uses their hybrids to win online races with redbull engines and stupendous grip.

I will admit there are people with those intentions, which gives the rest of the modders a bad image.

Oh, and engine swaps aren't actually possible in GT6, just engine sound swaps. (Everything else is still possible mind due)

Unfortunately that "Misconception" comes from the fact that we don't join these hack/mod lobbies so the only time we tend to see a hacked/modded car is in a racing room where the hacker/modder is trying to feed his ego and have an unfair advantage.

Just so I understand, if engine swaps aren't possible how does a civic end up with over 1000hp ? Is that from a BHP modifier ?

Unfortunately that "Misconception" comes from the fact that we don't join these hack/mod lobbies so the only time we tend to see a hacked/modded car is in a racing room where the hacker/modder is trying to feed his ego and have an unfair advantage.

Just so I understand, if engine swaps aren't possible how does a civic end up with over 1000hp ? Is that from a BHP modifier ?
If I'm correct, turbo swaps are possible?

Yeah, all parts can be modified to give more HP; engine stages, intake, turbo, exhaust, manifold etc. etc.

Of course there are always those idiots who just pump up the hp multiplier for crazy power, which usualy results in a very strange torque curve...

Twincharging is also a popular way to boost power (turbo + supercharger)

@jez

Last edited:
Yeah, all parts can be modified to give more HP; engine stages, intake, turbo, exhaust, manifold etc. etc.

Of course there are always those idiots who just pump up the hp multiplier for crazy power, which usualy results in a very strange torque curve...

Twincharging is also a popular way to boost power (turbo + supercharger)

@jez
It's nice to see an insider's perspective on the topic. If GT5 drag wasn't completely ruined by hybriding/modding, I don't think we would be so leery of it on this game. Unfortunately for all of us on this subforum, however, it's an issue that still plagues our lobbies even after the latest update. It's cool to see creations made by inventive people, but a drag lobby is not the place to "show off" and its annoying for us to deal with it. Maybe we're targeted by these modders because they think drag racing doesn't require effort. Regardless of the reasons, I think the drag community would be much happier if modders stuck to their own lobby and away from ours.

This. This so much.

If you're able to hear someone's "swapped" engine it tells you nothing about the actual car data. I have a Tommykaira ZZ-II with X1 sound which has nothing else altered outside the game, since it comes with very quick spec. Meanwhile I also have a couple other cars with original engine where something as simple as changing the overall power multiplier gave them a 200, 500 or even 800HP boost.

And yes, I do play online with my modified cars, but I don't go into competitive rooms with them. I spend a lot of time just cruising with friends and those cars can be big joy when used like that.

This. This so much.

If you're able to hear someone's "swapped" engine it tells you nothing about the actual car data. I have a Tommykaira ZZ-II with X1 sound which has nothing else altered outside the game, since it comes with very quick spec. Meanwhile I also have a couple other cars with original engine where something as simple as changing the overall power multiplier gave them a 200, 500 or even 800HP boost.

And yes, I do play online with my modified cars, but I don't go into competitive rooms with them. I spend a lot of time just cruising with friends and those cars can be big joy when used like that.
If you are using them with mates in cruising room it's actually fun. What I, as well as many others here hate, is when someone mods their car ever so slightly so it isn't blatantly obvious, but becomes impossible to beat with a legit car.

That's what annoys me anyway..

People can defend having hacks all they want, it goes against the PSN terms and conditions that everyone agrees to when signing on.
It's that simple.

If Playstation grew some balls and prosecuted people for altering games, rather than just an account ban, there'd be far less people willing to take a chance with them.

People can defend having hacks all they want, it goes against the PSN terms and conditions that everyone agrees to when signing on.
It's that simple.

If Playstation grew some balls and prosecuted people for altering games, rather than just an account ban, there'd be far less people willing to take a chance with them.

It's just like with kids (LOL) if they can get away with it once then they think they can get away with it again and again.

As long as they aren't in the drag rooms, I couldn't care less, but they'll be invading the circuit lobbies too so I'm sure we'll hear a crapstorm about that once they start hitting the competitive ones. Only a matter of time.

It's that simple.

Rules are rules because rules :lol: you kids crack me up.

And prosecute? Really :lol: PD should have mandatory minimum sentencing for modding too :rolleyes:

Rules are rules because rules :lol: you kids crack me up.:rolleyes:
Go back to living in the stone age then without any rules or laws. How about we play cod and I'll aimbot your ass. How is that fair or fun?

Use your hybrid cars when and where ever you want - after making sure that you are not ruining someone elses online experience first; remember, they too paid for the game, just like you. A lot of these guys get online to drag, have fun and relax after a long/hard day. Most of them even put a lot of time into their tune. An even playing field is what every game is based on. That is why you are not supposed to mod your game and go online. And then a guy like you comes in and says "rules are just there, meant to be broken", "they don't make sense" or whatever, and ruins other people's online experience.

P.S. I could bet the guy that you were quoting is older than you. Kids crack you up? Because having "Baws" as your occupation sure makes you look mature.

Go back to living in the stone age then without any rules or laws. How about we play cod and I'll aimbot your ass. How is that fair or fun?

Use your hybrid cars when and where ever you want - after making sure that you are not ruining someone elses online experience first; remember, they too paid for the game, just like you. A lot of these guys get online to drag, have fun and relax after a long/hard day. Most of them even put a lot of time into their tune. An even playing field is what every game is based on. That is why you are not supposed to mod your game and go online. And then a guy like you comes in and says "rules are just there, meant to be broken", "they don't make sense" or whatever, and ruins other people's online experience.

P.S. I could bet the guy that you were quoting is older than you. Kids crack you up? Because having "Baws" as your occupation sure makes you look mature.
Whoa whoa calm down man. Why do you have to take everything to extremes?

While I support people making hybrids, I agree with you that it ruins things for all of us when people use them to cheat. That said, each of us, you and I included, more than have the ability to control our own gaming experience. If someone in your room is cheating, boot them. There's no need for this "prosecute all hackers!!!" cry (that one still cracks me up lol).

I don't know how the majority of people in the drag community feel about hybrids, but if most echo you guys, I'll add that you are missing out on the opportunity to build some really amazing cars. Police yourselves, build reasonable cars, and you can have a lot of fun (while still being fair) with hybrids.

P.S.
Crying for someone else to solve your problems for you when you are more than capable of doing so on your own is childish...hence, kids.

And the "baws" thing is a joke that's not meant for you, don't get so hung up on people's profile pages :lol:

P.S.
Crying for someone else to solve your problems for you when you are more than capable of doing so on your own is childish...hence, kids.
I wasn't aware we had the ability to ban hackers from the PD servers. Must've been an overlooked option added in the last update.

So how does that prevent them from ruining someone elses' lobby, or a lobby you're not the host of? Not very effective it seems.
Oh sorry, I didn't realize I was talking to one of the infamous Gran Turismo Super Heroes - protecting the integrity of innocent gamers across teh interwebz - just worry about your own gaming experience, let others do the same.

And if you're not the host, either make a lobby where you are, or another like-minded friend is; or call a vote to kick the player. If enough people care as much as you do, then the offending party will be removed from the room.

And don't forget, you always have the choice to leave.

And both of you, @Master__Shake_ and @Janco, you're both coming at me as if I support cheating :lol: Go check, I said nothing of the sort. I was laughing at the ridiculousness of a proposition like "prosecute people for cheating in a video game" (:lol: I still can't say it with a straight face)....nothing more, nothing less. There's no need for this crusade that you two seem to be on.

I was laughing at the ridiculousness of a proposition like "prosecute people for cheating in a video game" (:lol: I still can't say it with a straight face)....nothing more, nothing less. There's no need for this crusade that you two seem to be on.
If you don't care, and you don't support hacking, why are you still here defending it? I made my opinion known a long time ago - keep it offline and it doesn't bother me. What bothers me is that you come to our subforum and act like we're children crying about a problem we can "easily fix" by kicking someone from a room. It doesn't remove the problem from the game, it doesn't stop that person from using modded cars, and it certainly doesn't make it competitive for the people who want to play a legit game. We shouldn't have to worry about the legitimacy of the game because people are paid by PD to keep this from happening, but they're not. I'm not a hero. I don't care about you, just like you don't care about me. Let us worry about what happens in our lobbies, and we'll be apathetic when hacking starts ruining circuit lobbies.

And both of you, @Master__Shake_ and @Janco, you're both coming at me as if I support cheating :lol: Go check, I said nothing of the sort. I was laughing at the ridiculousness of a proposition like "prosecute people for cheating in a video game" (:lol: I still can't say it with a straight face)....nothing more, nothing less. There's no need for this crusade that you two seem to be on.

Just to reply to your previous post to me... I don't care if that "baws" thing is not meant for me, nor do I care what is the purpose of it, I was only trying to say that if you are trying to play the "mature" card (hence the "kids" in your post), you should probably get rid of an occupation message that my 12 year old cousin would have. And I'm not hanging on your profile; I just went to check on which subforum you mostly post.

And Shake already summed up what my response to this post was going to be.

If I remember correctly (sorry, I have a lot going on right now), you have/are in a drift team. I cannot think of a bad thing that hybriding brings to drifting, other than others being jelaous of your ride or some people just being against them in general. But in drag racing it's different. People rely on their tune to win, not on their "skill" (of course shifting and launching as fast as possible requires some skill but not as much as drifting or circuit racing). And when hybriders bring their car to the room, the playing field is uneven. They use the extra hp/grip/part/whatever they have to win. It is not fair. Some even go that far that they change grip by one point, or 3 bhp or some small amount to have the upper hand. Kicking the person doesn't change a thing. They just keep on comming.

I don't blame you for not understanding though, you have to witness it or be affected by it to truly see how anoying it is. Just try to understand. It's been said many times that the problem is not hybriding, it is the people. And it sums it up perfectly in my mind. And since kicking, and supposednly banning also, does not help, there is not much we can do. It ruins our gaming experience and it should not be there. There are rules for a reason. If the hybriders can't control themselfs, they should not have acces to their toys.

I just wanna said this: I don't give a 🤬 about hack cars. They not a huge problem IMO (don't jump on me it my opinion). Just like how we don't know if this or that lobby is hack, they don't know if the lobby they joining have people that complain about hack cars. Most of these lobby don't even put up no hack or hacks allow. Just like Twitch said, it's not that hard to kick people nowadays:lol:

Perhaps you think my comments were a little outlandish, simply because this is a gaming console....
A gaming console owned by a multinational conglomerate corporation and worth billions.

You don't think Sony would do this to protect their investments?
If push comes to shove, they will have no problems prosecuting people that breach the users terms and conditions.

Any company would.

This kid, learnt that, a long time ago.

Just to reply to your previous post to me... I don't care if that "baws" thing is not meant for me, nor do I care what is the purpose of it, I was only trying to say that if you are trying to play the "mature" card (hence the "kids" in your post), you should probably get rid of an occupation message that my 12 year old cousin would have. And I'm not hanging on your profile; I just went to check on which subforum you mostly post.
Sounds like me and your cousin might get along well :lol:

If I remember correctly (sorry, I have a lot going on right now), you have/are in a drift team. I cannot think of a bad thing that hybriding brings to drifting, other than others being jelaous of your ride or some people just being against them in general. But in drag racing it's different. People rely on their tune to win, not on their "skill" (of course shifting and launching as fast as possible requires some skill but not as much as drifting or circuit racing). And when hybriders bring their car to the room, the playing field is uneven. They use the extra hp/grip/part/whatever they have to win. It is not fair. Some even go that far that they change grip by one point, or 3 bhp or some small amount to have the upper hand. Kicking the person doesn't change a thing. They just keep on comming.
I get what you're saying. Drag racing definitely strikes me as the easiest form of racing to abuse hybrids or hacks. And it doesn't surprise me in the least that some people hack the way you described, ie just barely enough to not look obvious, but enough for an advantage. That's weak-sauce, and it happens across all forms of racing.

It happens in drifting as well, though it seems like it's less frequent, based on what you described. From my experience with drifting, it seems like the majority (most people I associate with at all on PSN have ties to GTP in some way) are more boastful about their hybrids, like to show them off, and make them look accordingly so there's no guessing. You don't necessarily know exactly what's going on, but you know they're modded in some way, and therefor should be prepared for anything.

Also, for drifting, gaining access to RWD conversions opens up a lot of new possibilities.

I don't blame you for not understanding though, you have to witness it or be affected by it to truly see how anoying it is. Just try to understand. It's been said many times that the problem is not hybriding, it is the people. And it sums it up perfectly in my mind. And since kicking, and supposednly banning also, does not help, there is not much we can do. It ruins our gaming experience and it should not be there. There are rules for a reason. If the hybriders can't control themselfs, they should not have acces to their toys.
I agree that it's the people who are the problem. But unless you can stop those kinds of people from playing online entirely (how do you profile "that kind of person" before the cheating happens?), it's something you'll have to deal with.

You kind of touched on what I think is the root of the issue....there's not much we can do. There's not much PD can do either. Someone's always going to find a way to hack the game, now that it's become a "thing".

And do you really think PD or Sony is going to spend resources to go after people? At the end of the day, the people who hack the game are customers who spend money too.

So what do you do? Do you demand legal prosecution of all hackers, or do you try your best to surround yourself with good people and be in situations where "cheating" is less likely to happen?

Edit:
Perhaps you think my comments were a little outlandish, simply because this is a gaming console....
A gaming console owned by a multinational conglomerate corporation and worth billions.

If push comes to shove, they will have no problems prosecuting people that breach the users terms and conditions.

Any company would.

This kid, learnt that, a long time ago.
Damn, a video game company actually took legal action against you for modding and cheating in their game?

Not disputing you, but I have a couple questions, if you don't mind?

1. What company, what game?

2. When did this happen?

3. What were your offences that warranted the legal action?

Last edited:
Just thought I'd check in on a thread about hackers... oops

23949341gjdAX7.gif

I'm in the same boat as nick and some others.. What the hell lobbies are you guys joining? I run with a bazillion people. But, I don't even join a room unless it has at least 2 of my friends. I've seen a hacked Red Devil and a hacked Lamborghini. That is literally it.

In pro lobbies, most noobs get booted. My advice: don't ever just join a random room. You're gonna have a bad time. If you stick with pro rooms and people you know, the frequency of hacking is much less.

Hacks aren't going away. Best not to sit and grumble about it, just stick with your buddies.

Haven't seen any hybrids as of yet, but keeping it to your friends list online or offline is good for me.

Hopefully I get to see some very soon in the drifting community :P

I ain't gonna lie but Sony suck at protecting their investments, it took them 3 years to find out about hybrids on GT5 and take action against it.

That's a damn long time to do something.

I'm in the same boat as nick and some others.. What the hell lobbies are you guys joining? I run with a bazillion people. But, I don't even join a room unless it has at least 2 of my friends. I've seen a hacked Red Devil and a hacked Lamborghini. That is literally it.

In pro lobbies, most noobs get booted. My advice: don't ever just join a random room. You're gonna have a bad time. If you stick with pro rooms and people you know, the frequency of hacking is much less.

Hacks aren't going away. Best not to sit and grumble about it, just stick with your buddies.

What if you want to meet new people? How do you do so if you don't join random lobbies from time to time? Now I'm not saying that playing with the same people all the time is a bad thing (because it's not, it's great if you are around the right people) but meeting new people and interacting is half the fun of a video game nowadays.

What if you want to meet new people? How do you do so if you don't join random lobbies from time to time? Now I'm not saying that playing with the same people all the time is a bad thing (because it's not, it's great if you are around the right people) but meeting new people and interacting is half the fun of a video game nowadays.

Yes but I'm a boring old fart :D

And there are still pros and cool people I haven't met. For example, I only met you like a week ago and you're a cool dude.
I admit I'm not as social as everyone but there are always new fast people to meet.

Back