Haus of flying Daggers

• Thread starter DolHaus
  • 386 comments
PD really needs to fix this cause it just sounds soooooo wrong :odd:
The physics behind the phenomenon are kind of correct, lifting the nose will move the centre of gravity closer to the rear axle and improve rotation whereas lifting the tail will move the COG towards the front axle and increase stability. The effect shouldn't be as pronounced as it is within the game, but its not as incorrect as people seem to think.

Everyone just assumes that in real life lifting the tail will cause more oversteer but nobody seems to know why, they just repeat it because they've heard other people saying it. Physics can be confusing and counter intuitive at times, stuff doesn't always work the way you'd think. :lol:

I just can't see how PD have taken into account C of G and roll centres.
All the reading I've done on suspension & getting cars to behave a certain way has said otherwise but, having said that, you certainly know how to make a fast tune 👍

I just can't see how PD have taken into account C of G and roll centres.
All the reading I've done on suspension & getting cars to behave a certain way has said otherwise but, having said that, you certainly know how to make a fast tune 👍
CoG is easy to work out if you know the rough dimensions of a car and its static weight distribution, physics 101 so to speak. Roll centres are a little bit more complicated but I believe that when you fit Fully Customisable Suspension the car defaults to a pre-set geometry (there are a few different basic models to fit different size/shape cars), if you have these fixed parameters for suspension mounting points then working out Roll Centres is also fairly simple.

It would be basically impossible to make a decent physics engine for a racing sim without taking these things into account, its not as complicated and varied in game as it is in real life but real life isn't limited by 10yr old hardware :lol: There are always rules within physics engines, these rules are generally based on real life theories (why waste time making up new rules when someone else has already worked out/explained how it works in the real world?), once you find the theory that they have applied then it makes it easier to understand what is going on 👍

The last ferrari you did reminds me of the lancia rally car setup I had
The F40? That one was always a bit of a handful :lol: Quick though if you can keep it on the black stuff

(I believe its a pre 1:09 tune so it may not be working at 100% due to a physics change regarding rear heavy cars)

I got to get an hour a day to relearn my tunning before I start trying to get all the licenses again. Sport soft on my cheap viper I guess?

View attachment 140333

Car: Peugeot 106 S16 '03
Wheel / Joypad: PS3 controller
Power: 170 BHP @ 6400 Rpm / 22.5 kgfm @ 5500 Rpm
Weight: 943 kg
Performance Points: 410 PP
Tires: CS
Weight Distribution: 55:45
Suspension : (Height-Adjustable, Fully-Customisable Suspension)

Ride Height: Front: 110 Rear: 100
Spring Rate: Front: 4.17 kg Rear: 2.86 kg
Dampers (Compression):Front: 4 Rear: 4
Dampers (Extension): Front: 4 Rear: 4
Anti-Roll Bars: Front: 6 Rear: 6
Camber Angle (-): Front: 0.0° Rear: 0.0°
Toe Angle: Front: 0.00° Rear: 0.18°
Brakes: Racing Upgrade F: 5 R: 7
Drivetrain: (Fully Customisable Transmission)

Set final to 3.000
Set max to 99
Set in sequence (6-5-4-3-2-1)
Set final to 2.670

Speed: 124 mph
1: 5.406
2: 4.000
3: 3.134
4: 2.551
5: 2.143
6: 1.840
Final: 2.670
Differential Gear:Fully Customisable Mechanical Limited-Slip Diff
Initial Torque: F= 6
Acceleration Sensitivity: F= 30
Braking Sensitivity: F= 6
Clutch & Flywheel: Twin-Plate
Propeller Shaft: Standard
Power

Oil Change:
Yes
Power Limiter: 82%
Engine Tuning: Stage 3
Computer: Sports
Exhaust: Semi-Racing
Exhaust Manifold: Isometric
Catalytic Converter: Sports
Intake Tuning: Yes
Turbo Kit: Stage: Standard
Nitrous Oxide (N2O): No
Body

Body Rigidity Improvement:
No
Downforce:
Weight Reduction:
Stage 3
Bonnet: Carbon
Windows: Weight Reduction
Ballast: 104 kg
Ballast position: 50

Love this car, 400pp cs is mostly what I do online. Good tunes are hard to find. This was a good find. Thank you

I got to get an hour a day to relearn my tunning before I start trying to get all the licenses again. Sport soft on my cheap viper I guess?
I wouldn't recommend a Viper as a learning tool, the car has some odd characteristics about it. Best cars for relearning tuning would be the MX5, S2000 or GT86, they respond really well to tuning and will help you get a better understanding of what the effects are when you make changes.

Love this car, 400pp cs is mostly what I do online. Good tunes are hard to find. This was a good find. Thank you
No problem, glad you liked it 👍
I think it was built for a seasonal event at London, the car is definitely more suited to short sprint tracks

V12VantageCircuit de la Sarthe 2009_1.jpg
Drift Spec
Aston Martin V12 Vantage '10

Wheel / Joypad:
PS3 controller
Power: 604 BHP @ 7000 rpm / 64.1 kgfm @ 6000 rpm
Weight: 1375 kg
Performance Points: 561pp
Tires: CH

Suspension: (Height-Adjustable, Fully-Customisable Suspension)
Ride Height: Front: 100 Rear: 100
Spring Rate: Front: 7.41 kg Rear: 8.60 kg
Dampers (Compression): Front: 2 Rear: 1
Dampers (Extension): Front: 2 Rear: 3
Anti-Roll Bars: Front: 4 Rear: 4
Toe Angle: Front: 0.00° Rear: 0.16°
Brakes: F: 4 R: 7

Drivetrain: 6 Speed

Differential Gear: Fully Customisable Differential
Initial Torque: F - R -9
Acceleration Sensitivity: F - R -50
Braking Sensitivity: F - R -9
Clutch & Flywheel: Twin Plate
Propeller Shaft: Carbon

Power
Oil Change: No
Power Limiter: 100%
Engine Tuning: Stage 1
Computer: Standard
Exhaust: Racing
Exhaust Manifold: Isomtric
Body
Body Rigidity Improvement: No
Downforce: F: 0 R: 5 (optional)
Weight Reduction: Stage 3
Ballast: 30 kg

I am trying to pull a fangio and use the rocket to win the 20 minute super class on ascari. Will you please tune it for me? Spotmrt hard tires and big turbo
As chance would have it I've just done a tune for the rocket, I'll message it to you as its a private tune for someone else to use online 👍

I am trying to pull a fangio and use the rocket to win the 20 minute super class on ascari. Will you please tune it for me? Spotmrt hard tires and big turbo
As chance would have it I've just done a tune for the rocket, I'll message it to you as its a private tune for someone else to use online 👍
The standard Rocket with a set of Sports Soft tyres should be enough to win that race quite easily without the need to put for fresh tyres or fuel 👍

The standard Rocket with a set of Sports Soft tyres should be enough to win that race quite easily without the need to put for fresh tyres or fuel 👍
I liked the rocket in standard form, carries so much speed through the corners. I couldn't get much more pace out of it but I've tried to make it a lot less tricky at the limit so you can use the pace consistently and overcome its straight line short comings

View attachment 244154 Drift Spec
Aston Martin V12 Vantage '10

Wheel / Joypad:
PS3 controller
Power: 604 BHP @ 7000 rpm / 64.1 kgfm @ 6000 rpm
Weight: 1375 kg
Performance Points: 561pp
Tires: CH

Suspension: (Height-Adjustable, Fully-Customisable Suspension)
Spring Rate: Front: 7.41 kg Rear: 8.60 kg
Dampers (Compression): Front: 2 Rear: 1
Anti-Roll Bars: Front: 4 Rear: 4
Toe Angle: Front: 0.00° Rear: 0.16°
Brakes: F: 4 R: 7

Drivetrain: 6 Speed

Differential Gear: Fully Customisable Differential
Initial Torque: F - R -9
Acceleration Sensitivity: F - R -50
Braking Sensitivity: F - R -9
Clutch & Flywheel: Twin Plate
Propeller Shaft: Carbon

Power
Oil Change: No
Engine Tuning: Stage 1
Exhaust: Racing
Exhaust Manifold: Isomtric
Body
Body Rigidity Improvement: No
Downforce: F: 0 R: 5 (optional)
Ballast: 30 kg
Hello DolHaus, hope you're well. I saw this pop up the other day and decided it looked just too good not to try.

I'm not really much of a drift fan but I've been doing some of the seasonals recently and used this for the current British car event at GP-F. Very easy to control, even with my heavy thumbs, got gold at the second attempt (Which is very quick for me.) just short of 5000 points. I'll be keeping this in the garage for future use.👍

Very fun car. Thank you for sharing.:cheers:

Hello my good neighbor, I decided to use this address to call on you (too many people :drool: at your Tuning Guide address), as always I'm working on a new way to not finish a tune, this is my latest finding. I'm working on a suspension emulator that would emulate some tuners art work for a fraction of the price (thinking of doing it in China), if you could oblige and direct me to the tunes you've done that you think are the most note worthy, it would be most appreciated:bowdown:, I'm looking for one model in each of the following categories, FF,FR,MR,RR and 4WD. Of course if you participate you will receive FREE OF CHARGE my chapters 29 to 35 of my "How To Not Finish A Tune" guide, and you'll also receive a copy of the emulator for you to abuse in any way you seem it fit. My best regards to you, take good care and drive safely fast. :cheers: ( oh thanks for those first few chapters 👍)

Hello my good neighbor, I decided to use this address to call on you (too many people :drool: at your Tuning Guide address), as always I'm working on a new way to not finish a tune, this is my latest finding. I'm working on a suspension emulator that would emulate some tuners art work for a fraction of the price (thinking of doing it in China), if you could oblige and direct me to the tunes you've done that you think are the most note worthy, it would be most appreciated:bowdown:, I'm looking for one model in each of the following categories, FF,FR,MR,RR and 4WD. Of course if you participate you will receive FREE OF CHARGE my chapters 29 to 35 of my "How To Not Finish A Tune" guide, and you'll also receive a copy of the emulator for you to abuse in any way you seem it fit. My best regards to you, take good care and drive safely fast. :cheers: ( oh thanks for those first few chapters 👍)
4x4: Mitsubishi GTO SR '95 - This thing was on average a second faster than its 4x4 competitors in the recent FITT Drivetrain Challenge, I was both surprised and extremely pleased with how it performed. https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/threads/haus-of-flying-daggers.301978/page-7#post-9991918

FF: Ford Focus ST '13
- The only FF i've ever really been pleased with by the time I was finished tuning, came 2nd in the FITT Ford Challenge by 0:00.0008, the tightest margin a contest has ever been decided by. https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/threads/haus-of-flying-daggers.301978/page-7#post-10113408

The FRs and MRs will have to wait for a while, I have a few waiting in the wings to be judged by the cold light of day that exceed my past creations

EliseBrands Hatch Indy Circuit '80s_4.jpg

FITT Roadster Class
Lotus Elise Type 72 '01
Project: Colin

Power: 195 BHP @ 6400 Rpm / 24.1 kgfm @ 5400 Rpm
Weight: 850 kg
Performance Points: 450 PP
Wheels: Standard Size
Fitted parts:
Tires:
SH
Weight Distribution: 41:59

Ride Height: Front: 90 Rear: 105
Spring Rate: Front: 5.10 kg Rear: 9.00 kg
Dampers (Compression):Front: 6 Rear: 8
Dampers (Extension): Front: 6 Rear: 8
Anti-Roll Bars: Front: 5 Rear: 5
Toe Angle: Front: 0.10° Rear: 0.20°

Brakes: F: 3 R: 6

Drivetrain: (5-Speed Transmission)

Differential Gear: Fully Customisable Mechanical Limited-Slip Diff​

Initial Torque: R= 15
Acceleration Sensitivity: R= 15
Braking Sensitivity: R= 15

Clutch & Flywheel:
Standard

Power

Oil Change:
No
Engine Tuning: Standard
Exhaust: Semi-Racing
Exhaust Manifold: Isometric
Intake Tuning: Standard
Turbo Kit: Stage: High-RPM

Body

No
Downforce: F: 0 R: 0
Weight Reduction: Standard
Bonnet: Standard
Windows: Standard
Ballast: 94 kg
Ballast position: 4%

Last edited:
4x4: Mitsubishi GTO SR '95 - This thing was on average a second faster than its 4x4 competitors in the recent FITT Drivetrain Challenge, I was both surprised and extremely pleased with how it performed. https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/threads/haus-of-flying-daggers.301978/page-7#post-9991918

FF: Ford Focus ST '13
- The only FF i've ever really been pleased with by the time I was finished tuning, came 2nd in the FITT Ford Challenge by 0:00.0008, the tightest margin a contest has ever been decided by. https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/threads/haus-of-flying-daggers.301978/page-7#post-10113408

The FRs and MRs will have to wait for a while, I have a few waiting in the wings to be judged by the cold light of day that exceed my past creations
Thanks a big amount, I'm in a little rush right now, my son is coming over for supper and I've been givin' some kitchen chores. Hopefully tomorrow I'll have the time to start this. Will keep you posted.:cheers:
PS. Is that Lotus a good one?

Thanks a big amount, I'm in a little rush right now, my son is coming over for supper and I've been givin' some kitchen chores. Hopefully tomorrow I'll have the time to start this. Will keep you posted.:cheers:
PS. Is that Lotus a good one?
I think its pretty good, not the easiest car to drive but damned fast if you can keep on top of it, I've run 50.6's at Brands Hatch Indy with it. I have an Esprit coming out within the next week that is feeling pretty good at the moment, not sure which I like more at this point but you are welcome to use the Elise if you don't want to wait 👍

I think its pretty good, not the easiest car to drive but damned fast if you can keep on top of it, I've run 50.6's at Brands Hatch Indy with it. I have an Esprit coming out within the next week that is feeling pretty good at the moment, not sure which I like more at this point but you are welcome to use the Elise if you don't want to wait 👍
That's a pretty decent time, I just tried it, best after 6 laps was 52.029 :rolleyes:, I definitely will put this one on the list. I've been doing data entries and quick tryout laps for some 4 hours now and I'm off to do something else for awhile:lol:. I also tired the Focus, very good but I really like the Elise more. It might take a little time before I can send you a demo version, it seems it always takes 4x more time than what I estimated. :cheers:

That's a pretty decent time, I just tried it, best after 6 laps was 52.029 :rolleyes:, I definitely will put this one on the list. I've been doing data entries and quick tryout laps for some 4 hours now and I'm off to do something else for awhile:lol:. I also tired the Focus, very good but I really like the Elise more. It might take a little time before I can send you a demo version, it seems it always takes 4x more time than what I estimated. :cheers:
Not bad for 6 laps, I've probably put in 300+ so I'm a little more used to both car and track :lol:
Its not an easy car to drive fast but its great for improving how smoothly you drive as it will understeer when you go in too fast and oversteer if you're getting too vigorous with the throttle or steering.
The Focus isn't bad for an FF buts its still an FF, understeer is inevitable and fun is hard to find :lol:

espritAutumn Ring_4.jpg

FITT Street Sports Car Class
Lotus Esprit V8 '02
Project: Slippery when wet

Power: 418 BHP @ 6000 Rpm / 51.0 kgfm @ 5900 Rpm
Weight: 1130 kg
Performance Points: 525 PP
Fitted parts: Front Aero A
Tires: SM
Weight Distribution: 46:54

Spring Rate: Front: 4.26 kg Rear: 6.25 kg
Dampers (Compression):Front: 3 Rear: 2
Anti-Roll Bars: Front: 6 Rear: 5
Toe Angle: Front: 0.15° Rear: 0.04°
Brakes (Racing): F: 3 R: 3

1) Set final to 4.550

2) Set Max Speed to 124
3) Set in sequence (5-4-3-2-1)

1: 3.035

2: 2.130
3: 1.615
4: 1.285
5: 1.045

Final: 3.515

Initial Torque: R= 8
Acceleration Sensitivity: R= 8
Braking Sensitivity: R= 22

Clutch & Flywheel:
Triple-Plate

Power

Oil Change:
No
Power Limiter: 87.1%
Exhaust: Standard
Exhaust Manifold: Standard
Catalytic Converter: Standard

Body

No
Ballast: 0 kg
Ballast position: 0%

View attachment 256794
FITT Street Sports Car Class
Lotus Esprit V8 '02
Project: Slippery when wet

Power: 418 BHP @ 6000 Rpm / 51.0 kgfm @ 5900 Rpm
Weight: 1130 kg
Performance Points: 525 PP
Fitted parts: Front Aero A
Tires: SM
Weight Distribution: 46:54

Spring Rate: Front: 4.26 kg Rear: 6.25 kg
Dampers (Compression):Front: 3 Rear: 2
Anti-Roll Bars: Front: 6 Rear: 5
Toe Angle: Front: 0.15° Rear: 0.04°
Brakes (Racing): F: 3 R: 3

1) Set final to 4.550
2) Set Max Speed to 124
3) Set in sequence (5-4-3-2-1)

1: 3.035

2: 2.130
3: 1.615
4: 1.285
5: 1.045

Final: 3.515

Initial Torque: R= 8
Acceleration Sensitivity: R= 8
Braking Sensitivity: R= 22

Clutch & Flywheel:
Triple-Plate

Power

Oil Change:
No
Power Limiter: 87.1%
Exhaust: Standard
Exhaust Manifold: Standard
Catalytic Converter: Standard

Body

No
Ballast: 0 kg
Ballast position: 0%
I'm going to give it a spin sunday or monday, hopefully you'll have done honor to it as you usually do. Might have to put it on the list to be, oh what horrifying word is it that I'm looking for, ah yes, emulated.:lol::cheers:

Back