Horizon pre orders

• Thread starter FosterG
  • 213 comments
Tried to convince the GS employee to hand my LCE over. No darn chance... Why do these guys have to be so uptight, damnit? :nervous:

I tried, he said he'd lose his job... Shoudl've brought one of the hottest girls at work with me - pretty sure she would've been able to convince him!

I preordered the standard edition at GS and I'm contemplating upgrading it to LCE for some reason... and I'm pretty dead set I'm only getting the standard edition... but... that LCE... yeah... it exists... lol

I received my pre-order today from Newegg and there was no code included for the Nissan 370Z. I chatted with one of their reps online and they were clueless. Any idea how the code is delivered?

Ever have one of those days when there are road blocks everywhere you turn? I wanted to pick up my pre-ordered LCE copy at lunch today so I could go straight home and play after work. I only get 1/2 hour, but the Gamestop is only 6 miles away mostly interstate so shouldn't be a problem right? WRONG! The entrance ramp I normally take was closed for construction, no problem, I will just make a u-turn and use the other one. It's closed too. So I have to drive through town a bit, but I can still make it. Finally get to the store and there are 2 cashiers, but one is a trainee so the other one is training him. This makes everything take twice as long. Only one person in front of me so I should be ok. Forget it, the guy in front of me is trading in games, has tons of questions and the trainee has to get shown 15 different new ways to use the cash register. Never mind, I gotta get back to work, just wasted that lunch period for nothing.

...and I thought I had it bad with jury duty. Then again, there's a Gamestop across the street from the courthouse. Unfortunately, I pre ordered from a different location. Grrrrr...

Picked up mine from Gamestop this morning....My reciept had 2 or 3 different codes to put in for cars....I had to come to work so its sitting at the house still wrapped up....Then I got a email on my phone saying that there is a update for Xbox...I SURE hope this download isnt going to take to long....I know sometimes it can be a pain....=(

Thanks Best Buy at Dundas. Didn't give me my pre-order, I called when I got to work, was told they'd hold one. Call after work, heading in that direction. Halfway there I'm finally taken off hold to be told they have no more packs, and don't know when or if they'll get more. Told me its first come first serve: no kidding, that's why I was there at opening.

Thanks Best Buy at Dundas. Didn't give me my pre-order, I called when I got to work, was told they'd hold one. Call after work, heading in that direction. Halfway there I'm finally taken off hold to be told they have no more packs, and don't know when or if they'll get more. Told me its first come first serve: no kidding, that's why I was there at opening.
Wow... I think I would've downright murdered those bloody morons.

I would have made a federal case out of it.

If it was Gamestop it wouldn't have surprised me. But, Best Buy? I can honestly say I haven't heard much bad about them.

Wow, Gamestop really broke my marbles today. I preordered this game the second it was announced, changed it to the LE the day it was announced, payed it in full the following month. They "allegedly"received 2 LEs and there were 3 LE preordered... Guess who didn't receive a copy. Mads me even more that I have like 4 preorders already payed in full, and I don't even care about the other games by comparison, but they screwed me out of the only one I really wanted. Now I have to wait "around 2 days" until I get it. When I get there once they have my copy, I'll cancel all my preorders. They even offered me the regular edition... Save it for father's day I said, I payed for the LE and they better have something to show me for all the trouble. So, no launch day Horizon for me

My pre-order code was on my receipt.

They were about to hand me a normal copy of the game, until I brought up that I pre-ordered the LCE, so I got a little worried at first. But after a few minutes, they gave it to me.
They did that to me when I picked up my LCE at GameStop. I was like I didn't pay $80 for a regular copy.

They did that to me when I picked up my LCE at GameStop. I was like I didn't pay $80 for a regular copy.

I just walked up and said "I'm here for my forza horizon LIMITED EDITION" and handed the guy my pre order receipt. No problems. I didn't give them a chance to screw it up.

All of my bonuses were on my receipt.

^ Will keep that in mind for next time, although it should have showed up as the limited edition in their system. It was an hour before closing when I showed up and they seemed very tired, so I didn't want to give them grief. I politely mentioned I paid 80 for the LCE.

Your guys' posts are making me nervous, you know? Boy, they better not mess with me. Daddy needs some Horizon and he needs it badly! Not the time to be messing with me.

Wow, I thought our mail serviced sucked, often referred to as Royal Fail instead of Royal Mail, but when it comes to pre orders I've never got a game later than 1 day before release!

I feel like such a 9-year old right now... Even though the official launch for the PAL region is only days away I honestly can't wait for this game! :nervous:

BB Canada doesn't do the receipt thing... Or maybe it's Mocrosoft. Either way, pre-order bonuses come to them in the same cases as a game normally would, with a picture of the car(s) on the cover, and a little placard with the associated code(s) inside. It's all incredibly wasteful and stupid.

I'm going to be calling the head office today to see if I can't get some sent to me, since I think they do use email for online pre-orders.

Latest Posts

Back