Horizon pre orders

• Thread starter FosterG
  • 213 comments
I'm just going to walk into best buy and pick mine up lol. Its only 5 mins from my house walking. Hopefully I can get a code for it still, they usually just give them out like nothing all the time.

Can't be bothered with getting another Game loyalty card (I keep losing mine) and I don't want to wait a couple of days for Gamestation to send me an LCE thru the post so I'm gonna queue up at Game on Friday morning.

Cancelled my pre-order. So I won't have the game until Thursday at the absolute earliest.

Guess I live in Europe now.

I won't have any money until then. I thought my card would cover the pre-order but apparently it won't. :(

I really wanted the SLS so I'm going to stick with my Pre Order, plus I can't be assed going into town just to get the game

SlipZtrEm
Find out if they have the kiosk there playing the game, and spend an hour scouting for when you get home? :D

Actually, I just went to Gamestop and asked about my text. He said that it was to remind me if I wanted to pickup the game at midnight. So, I can just go by there tomorrow and get it without worrying about paying in the middle of the night :)

I got a text yesterday saying that I can pick up my game at 12:01 Tuesday, but I have to be at Gamestop at 11pm tonight to finalize my purchase! What does that mean?
What Gamestop does for midnight releases is create a queue & charge people for the game beforehand (or so they did with GOW3; that was my last midnight release). Afterwards, you stand in line. They do this because at 12:01 when they start releasing the game & letting people in one-by-one, they don't want people showing up then & there try and get it as well. They want people to come in with their receipt, hand them the game & get them out. That way, they aren't there are all night at 12:01am dealing with people to see if they have pre-orders or not, or dealing with people who may have issues paying and holding up the line. Doing this beforehand gets them out of the way & makes the transactions easier.

Just a quick description of it my last experience, though I did read you were picking it up tomorrow morning instead. :)

Back to the topic, I can't wait to pick it up tonight. My boss has given me tomorrow off, so I'll be playing into the wee hours for sure. MoH doesn't seem to be picking up a lot of hype like COD would & FH unfortunately isn't either, so I don't expect there to be a long line.

What Gamestop does for midnight releases is create a queue & charge people for the game beforehand (or so they did with GOW3; that was my last midnight release). Afterwards, you stand in line. They do this because at 12:01 when they start releasing the game & letting people in one-by-one, they don't want people showing up then & there try and get it as well. They want people to come in with their receipt, hand them the game & get them out. That way, they aren't there are all night at 12:01am dealing with people to see if they have pre-orders or not, or dealing with people who may have issues paying and holding up the line. Doing this beforehand gets them out of the way & makes the transactions easier.

Just a quick description of it my last experience, though I did read you were picking it up tomorrow morning instead. :)

Back to the topic, I can't wait to pick it up tonight. My boss has given me tomorrow off, so I'll be playing into the wee hours for sure. MoH doesn't seem to be picking up a lot of hype like COD would & FH unfortunately isn't either, so I don't expect there to be a long line.

Yeah. I would be so tired I couldn't even drive on one road without falling asleep.

I hate you all :(

My copy was in Tennessee and now is touring the country-side somewhere in North Carolina...probably be another day or two before it reaches me in SOUTH CAROLINA. Best Buy Blew this one, it shipped on the 18th :ouch: This is just dumb anyway you look at it...

My brother who works for ExtraVision just told me if I had have pre ordered with him he could have brought my copy home today :(

The lack of ice means more friction, right?

Quite possibly the first person in Toronto to grab the LCE. 10min from home, will have about an hour before work!

I got my LCE! :D

They were about to hand me a normal copy of the game, until I brought up that I pre-ordered the LCE, so I got a little worried at first. But after a few minutes, they gave it to me.

They also told me the code for the Mercedes SLS AMG would be sent to my e-mail, instead of on a receipt like I originally thought.

I got my LCE! :D

They were about to hand me a normal copy of the game, until I brought up that I pre-ordered the LCE, so I got a little worried at first. But after a few minutes, they gave it to me.

They also told me the code for the Mercedes SLS AMG would be sent to my e-mail, instead of on a receipt like I originally thought.

Darn, was hoping they would do the usual reciept copy instead. Looks like Im out of luck haha. Either way.. T-minus 22 minutes!

Just got my email from Gamestation this morning saying my order has been dispatched and is on it's way. So hopefully it will get here tomorrow or Thursday at the latest. Glad I'm off work this week :)

Ever have one of those days when there are road blocks everywhere you turn? I wanted to pick up my pre-ordered LCE copy at lunch today so I could go straight home and play after work. I only get 1/2 hour, but the Gamestop is only 6 miles away mostly interstate so shouldn't be a problem right? WRONG! The entrance ramp I normally take was closed for construction, no problem, I will just make a u-turn and use the other one. It's closed too. So I have to drive through town a bit, but I can still make it. Finally get to the store and there are 2 cashiers, but one is a trainee so the other one is training him. This makes everything take twice as long. Only one person in front of me so I should be ok. Forget it, the guy in front of me is trading in games, has tons of questions and the trainee has to get shown 15 different new ways to use the cash register. Never mind, I gotta get back to work, just wasted that lunch period for nothing.

Back