How many cars do you think that GT6 includes?

• Thread starter Qeki
  • 160 comments
Is 1500 cars even close???

No car game has had 1000 cars, even less, 1500. Not even GT5. I'm almost certain that we will see around 500-550 cars if PD finally does things right.

What I would hope for this time is that ALL manufacturers get a chance of having at least 15 to 20 models each. (Except for those manufacturers that only have a couple of models in real life, of course.)

Realistically speaking, we'll see around that amount, but with the first 300 being only Miatas, Skylines, RX-7's and Lancers.

This time I won't get my hopes high. Let's wait and see if PD does things right this time. And of course, let's leave that Premium/Standard crap behind now.

2000 premium Tuners from all country's and a nice mix of classic and modern cars from everywhere

I remember reading numerous articles that explained PD had 40 modelers (it was an article about PD modeling the Art Morrison Corvette.)

I also recall it takes one modeler 6 months to create a car. So, that's 2 cars/ person/year.

Let's assume they now have 50 modelers. 50 modelers X 2 cars/year = 100 cars/ year.

GT5 launched with about 233 unique cars (not including RM's). In November 2012, 2 full years will have passed since GT5's release.

100 X 2 = 200 more cars. Unique car count would now be 430.

Assuming GT6 releases in November 2013, that's about 70-90 more cars (since nearly 1 MORE year would have passed.)

Final count = About 515.

I also recall it takes one modelers 6 months to create a car. So, that's 2 cars/ person/year.

If it's true ... big productivity problems in PD office loll... i worked in a bike shop and a modelers can design very more frames than that in a year loll...

I also recall it takes one modelers 6 months to create a car. So, that's 2 cars/ person/year.

If it's true ... big productivity problems in PD office loll... i worked in a bike shop and a modelers can design very more frames than that in a year loll...

Yea, it doesn't help when your boss is in love with perfection and the most tiny details.

I remember reading numerous articles that explained PD had 40 modelers (it was an article about PD modeling the Art Morrison Corvette.)

I also recall it takes one modeler 6 months to create a car. So, that's 2 cars/ person/year.

Let's assume they now have 50 modelers. 50 modelers X 2 cars/year = 100 cars/ year.

GT5 launched with about 233 unique cars (not including RM's). In November 2012, 2 full years will have passed since GT5's release.

Assuming GT6 releases in November 2013, that's about 70-90 more cars (since nearly 1 MORE year would have passed.)

Final count = About 515.

👍 That's a plausible scenario. Even if there would be "only" 515, that would be an incredible amount, if PD decides to finally even-up the numbers with non-Japanese manufacturers. I would actually be looking forwards for it.

👍 That's a plausible scenario. Even if there would be "only" 515, that would be an incredible amount, if PD decides to finally even-up the numbers with non-Japanese manufacturers. I would actually be looking forwards for it.

Especially if he throws in some high-performance Swedish cars...

Final count = About 515.

Good reasoning here

However, if PD continues it's tradition of having it's car roster consist of 65% Japanese cars that leaves a puny 200 cars for the rest of the world. I hope PD proves me wrong but I doubt it

I'd say anywhere from CorvetteConquer's prediction of 515 cars to 600. If PD decides to include standards, then there would be around 1400-1600 cars total (though that would eat our PS3 hard drives alive, same if it's on PS4).

I'm guessing about 1500 cars. 800 cars will be prenium and 700 will be standard that is if PD this time can focus on GT6 rather than any other game ideas for sony. If we're really lucky, they just might just have at least 900 cars all prenium. TBH, they should just dump the prenium/standard car thing all together.

At least 1,000 (minus the unnecessary variety tactics)

Yes, I want them to keep most of the standards. I refuse to believe that great cars (in my opinion) like the BMW M3 CSL/GTR, Sauber Mercedes (and all of the LeMans cars), Stis, Evos, ZZII, etc. won't make it into the new game. We either get them back or we don't since they won't be converted to Premium anytime soon, or EVER.

At least 1,000 (minus the unnecessary variety tactics)

Yes, I want them to keep most of the standards. I refuse to believe that great cars (in my opinion) like the BMW M3 CSL/GTR, Sauber Mercedes (and all of the LeMans cars), Stis, Evos, ZZII, etc. won't make it into the new game. We either get them back or we don't since they won't be converted to Premium anytime soon, or EVER.

They have to be remade in higher quality as some point or we lose them, unless you're suggesting it'll be ok to have PS2 models in a 2020 game on technology several levels ahead of them.

500 PREMIUM cars.
Quality > Quantity.
Get rid of those ugly standards. No need to include them in GT6. Remember the Graphics engine is already done.

JAHHAJ
If it's on ps3 then I would say around 400 however, if it's on ps4 I would say around 600 because they all have to be premium and I don't think ps3 could handle 600+ premium cars with amazing graphics.

Why not? FM4 retailed with 500+ Premiums... on DVD. Hardware power has nothing to do with how many cars can fit onto a disc.

Worst case: ~350
Best case: ~650
It depends greatly on the incubation time, how much man-power is assigned to modeling cars and possibly financial restraints.

500 "premium" is plenty.

But who are we kidding, really?

It's PD ffs.

So, 250 premium and 1000 standard.

It's all a numbers game to them.

Why not? FM4 retailed with 500+ Premiums... on DVD. Hardware power has nothing to do with how many cars can fit onto a disc.

I don't know too much about these kind of things it was just what I thought but obviously I was wrong.

PD would be insane to even think of trying to stuff more than 1,000 into a game. Technically they didnt even get 1,000 into GT5. The standards do not count as a finished car. If anything I expect less cars in GT6. But this time all of them will be premiums. We will hopefully never see the lazy development word "standards" ever again in any racing game.

PD would be insane to even think of trying to stuff more than 1,000 into a game. Technically they didnt even get 1,000 into GT5. The standards do not count as a finished car. If anything I expect less cars in GT6. But this time all of them will be premiums. We will hopefully never see the lazy development word "standards" ever again in any racing game.

There are 1030+ cars in GT5 and that is not debatable.
GT5 used up 1/4 what a DLBY disc could hold, so saying 3,000 cars could fit is not an overstatment. I think 2,000-2,700 wouyld be reasonable.

Back