How many of us have done the big money glitch?

  • Thread starter Thread starter silicon1138
  • 163 comments
  • 12,767 views

How many of us have done the big money glitch?

  • Yes

    Votes: 295 53.8%
  • No

    Votes: 142 25.9%
  • Considering it

    Votes: 30 5.5%
  • Would never consider it

    Votes: 81 14.8%

  • Total voters
    548
I used the glitch to buy all Base Model cars and other paintable race cars. I'm actually having more fun with the game now that I have them. And the game is not ruined for me as I still have plenty of cars left that I want to buy.
 
Yes, I can say that 90+% of all internet poll's are useless. But of course it is what statistics your after to start with.
If GTPlanet (admin's) hold a poll, they have detailed information about population of their website etc etc.
So then they know how big the group is that actually didn't participated in the survey.

But a poll on your favorite news website, is very selective and can often not be counted as what the country/world would do. because the "population" on that news website is selective to start with.
Always a certain group of people that reads a specific website.

Research never been an easy job.....
Well I think most gtplanet users understand that a simple poll in a thread will only cover the people that pop into the thread and is bothered to vote. As such this poll of course isn't representative for all GT6 players, only for people who have heard of the glitch and taht has read the OP.
 
Sounds like the OP has a guilty conscience and wants to feel better knowing that he/she isn't alone in doing the glitch.
This pole and thread should be with the other thread not a separate one.
 
Thanks for that info. I rarely use either so it's not had any impact on me.

Sounds like the OP has a guilty conscience and wants to feel better knowing that he/she isn't alone in doing the glitch.
This pole and thread should be with the other thread not a separate one.
A bit of a guilty concience yes, nothing giving me sleepless nights though. I'd quite happily stand alone but i though it would be interesting to see how the GTP community replied to this. I started the poll seperately just for clarity. Can you even add a poll into an ongoing thread?
 
Last edited by a moderator:
The poll asks "How many of us have DONE the glitch?"... well I'm only about 600 odd cars in so I'm still DOING the glitch. Then I have so much tuning to do.

Thanks PD, your lack of fine tuning the GT series in all these years is finally working in my favor. I would trade it all in and never glitch again for a complete game that everyone wants and has been crying out for.
 
A bit of a guilty concience yes, nothing giving me sleepless nights though. I'd quite happily stand alone but i though it would be interesting to see how the GTP community replied to this. I started the poll seperately just for clarity. Can you even add a poll into an ongoing thread?

I don't think you'll get a really true answer whatever pole you use or where you put it. I dare say thousand's have done the glitch. Using the same excuses as there is nothing in the "Terms Of Service" to stop them doing it and that it's all legal and above board. But I'm sure in those same "Terms of Service" there is a little get out clause for PD/Sony that goes something like "These terms of service are/can be subject to change without notification" or something along those lines. It may mean nothing, but then again It may mean that Sony/PD can give themselves a very large legal wedge if or when they see fit and also Sony can ban anyone and their consoles from their servers at their own discretion at any time if they wish to do so. I don't think Sony will take this lying down for the simple reason of they are losing thousand's of real $$. But then again they may do nothing. Who knows?

But that's a Sony/PD problem not mine. I haven't answered your pole but I haven't and don't consider doing the glitch and anyone that does, good luck in what you're doing. I'm playing and enjoying the game not downloading patch v1.01 over and over again just to get my hands on hundreds of cars that I'll never use more than a couple of times.
 
Well I think most gtplanet users understand that a simple poll in a thread will only cover the people that pop into the thread and is bothered to vote. As such this poll of course isn't representative for all GT6 players, only for people who have heard of the glitch and taht has read the OP.

Yeah, but the OP is interested in the percentage of people using the glitch.
So he is after some facts, and all I'm explaining is that the numbers out of such a poll is not anything reliable.

I'd be really interested to see what sort of percentages we are looking at with this money glitch.
Come one now, be honest in the name of science.
 
I don't think Sony will take this lying down for the simple reason of they are losing thousand's of real $$.

You are assuming that if the glitch wasn't available that people would be using hard earned cash to buy credits. I sure as hell wouldn't spend a single cent on top of the original game price just to buy all the cars.
 
You are assuming that if the glitch wasn't available that people would be using hard earned cash to buy credits. I sure as hell wouldn't spend a single cent on top of the original game price just to buy all the cars.

No I'm not. I'm just saying what I think what Sony might do. The micro-transactions are optional and have always been optional. If you don't want to buy them then that's you option. I don't care what you do with the game. It affects no one directly except yourself. If you want to glitch the game for credits then that's up to you.
 
I did it once, 'by accident', because I was 'cough' clearing HDD space 'cough'. With my I'll gotten gains I have bought......? Not much. Sports Exhaust x2, Air Intake x2, and chipped 2 Engines. So you see I did not need to do it, I was well over 1 million credits already.
I repeat 'it was by accident'.
 
Who knows? (Sony), who really cares? (Sony) life's too short for this trivia :lol:
 
What I object to is the way PD have (and i could be wrong) purposely reduced the race winnings, giving the average player a really tortuous path in terms of aquiring the high value cars, pushing you towards the concept of buying credits. What next, free to play GT7 with 4 cars and two tracks and pay as you go? The micro transactions model is now in full swing in the games market and i'm sure it's an extremely tempting apple for games companies.
 
I cant! :( my download speed is terrible (13,14 hours for updating GT6) and deleting the update is a risk for me!
 
Haven't done any glitching or micro-transactions.
 
The micro transactions model is now in full swing in the games market and i'm sure it's an extremely tempting apple for games companies.
Sony/PD have been extremely greedy with GT6. Not only are they trying on the MT malarkey but they're also charging a premium price for the game. I think they might get bit on the bum by that arrogance!
 
I cant! :( my download speed is terrible (13,14 hours for updating GT6) and deleting the update is a risk for me!
This, my situation isn't THAT bad but i still need too much time.
 
I haven't used it yet as I have just been grinding my way through. Honestly though, I probably will use it on my GTP account because I really don't feel like grinding my way through another account just to get the cars that I need in order to participate in WRS events.
 
I have the downloaded version and the way I understand it, this glitch involves deleting game data.
I can't be bothered waiting 2-3 hours for a 15 gig DL so this is a no fly with me,

I will never pay for in game credits either so I'll just play the game like I played all the previous titles from PD.

The fact that the in-game economy is so obviously watered down in order to boost the microtransactions makes me even more strongly opposed to this newfound level of greed in the gaming world.

I'll just wait for decent paying seasonals before starting my collection of expensive cars.
 
I haven't. If I could buy all the best cars in the game today I wouldn't have anything to look forward to tomorrow.
 
I haven't and currently have no plans to. I did the exploit in 5 and once I had everything I wanted I kind of lost interest in the game and only rarely went back for some of the seasonal events.
 
What I object to is the way PD have (and i could be wrong) purposely reduced the race winnings, giving the average player a really tortuous path in terms of aquiring the high value cars, pushing you towards the concept of buying credits. What next, free to play GT7 with 4 cars and two tracks and pay as you go? The micro transactions model is now in full swing in the games market and i'm sure it's an extremely tempting apple for games companies.

Go load GT5 from the start with no log-in bonus and ignore the seasonals, iirc, the payouts were on par with GT6 and most cars cost more to boot.
 
I will just say, BUY ALL THE CARS and then race them all stock with crappy tires ftw...
 
I've done it at least 5 times now. Do I feel bad? Nope. Sony can take their microtransactions and stick them where the sun doesn't shine. :mischievous:
Just my opinion though.

You know you can do it just twice and save yourself some time. Yes, you can buy 20 AMG vision GTs at once ;) Unless you've spent more than 400 mil credits already, but damn I rebuilt my garage from GT5 and got all the new toys I wanted on just over 200 mil.
 
Yes, I've done it, and I'm not one damn bit sorry. As I said before, I have no problem paying for additional content that wasn't already in the game (track packs, cars etc...) but charging people for in game credits, when they've already paid full price for the game, and skewing the payouts to force people into that choice, goes too damn far. Greed, pure and simple.
 
I've done the glitch a couple of times. I haven't regret doing it ever since.
 
I have done it once, and this was because I lost my save data on my main account which had everything I'd bought without the glitch and that came to just under 15 million, so on my new account I did the glitch and bought all the cars I previously had and then bought and sold cars to lose the other 5 million. This way the only progress I think I've lost is any races I'd completed, I don't regret it but I'd never have done it if I didn't lose my save data.
 
What I object to is the way PD have (and i could be wrong) purposely reduced the race winnings, giving the average player a really tortuous path in terms of aquiring the high value cars, pushing you towards the concept of buying credits. What next, free to play GT7 with 4 cars and two tracks and pay as you go? The micro transactions model is now in full swing in the games market and i'm sure it's an extremely tempting apple for games companies.

Nah, you'll still have to pay $60 for the 4 cars and 2 tracks.

I haven't and currently have no plans to. I did the exploit in 5 and once I had everything I wanted I kind of lost interest in the game and only rarely went back for some of the seasonal events.

So you bought the game to collect virtual cars, not to race them.
 
Back