How many of us have done the big money glitch?

  • Thread starter Thread starter silicon1138
  • 163 comments
  • 12,771 views

How many of us have done the big money glitch?

  • Yes

    Votes: 295 53.8%
  • No

    Votes: 142 25.9%
  • Considering it

    Votes: 30 5.5%
  • Would never consider it

    Votes: 81 14.8%

  • Total voters
    548
Why the poll?

The one that really counts is built into the back-end of the game.

The front-end on the client side is that handy little GT6 Stats screen...

...and no doubt, its creators and their bean counters are analyzing that...

...to "calibrate" their response.

Its fairly simple for them, there will be a segment of GT6 clients that have an aggregate garage value...
...and/or credits that far exceed the combined values for earned credits, prize cars, logged micro-transactions...
...easily cross-referenced with recurring D/Ls of 1.01 by same IPs.
You can run, but not hide... :sly:

---------------------------------------
No high-horse passing judgement here or faux "holier than thou" soap boxing.

Just digital-trail basics folks.
 
Last edited:
Haven't done it. I might consider it if it didn't involve rolling back to pre-patch data.. not comfortable doing that with my save. I'll just accept the fact I'll never get the super expensive cars because while I don't feel any moral imperative about using a glitch in a videogame I do feel one about spending real money on virtual credits, esp when by PD's logic a 20,000,000 credit car is worth about 120 real US dollars.. insane.
 
I have not and I would never. It takes the fun out of the game. I like racing and earning credits. I also don't mind buying credits too for some of the pricier toys like the X1s.
 
I have not and I would never. It takes the fun out of the game. I like racing and earning credits. I also don't mind buying credits too for some of the pricier toys like the X1s.


Which is why the gaming industry is going to get away with this. Sure micro-transactions PO a lot of people, but enough gamers bite the bullet, and enough pockets get lined with extra cash, to justify their continued existence. Unfortunately.
 
Heck yeah baby! I've done it the once / twice to build my collection of Ferraris and LMP cars.
 
I have not, and I won't, but, in contrast, the game has become virtually unplayable to me.

I sold three of my prize cars for almost 800k total, in order to buy a Pescarolo so I could grind the "Like The Wind" Route X. But now, I don't feel like grinding one million every one hour and a half at a pace of 50k~ every four minutes. Not to mention that I don't want to see a dumb oval track listed as my "favorite track" on my profile stats. Ugh!

As for the micro-transactions, I won't support this practice, and I wouldn't buy any of them, even if all the packs cost just a cent! Period.

I can't complete any of the remaining events in I.B., I.A. and S. with the cars I currently own. Even if they are less than 100PP away from the toughest competitors, the class does not match (like, street car vs touring cars), making it pretty hard to withstand any chance. I was able to pull a lot of miracles in many of the events, but now it got to the point where it's not possible anymore, and it was weird doing some events without matching class/category.

I was hopeful that PD would have patched this game to 1.02 during today's maintenance, and add the community features back, plus new events to either career mode or seasonals, with better payouts. Now I can't play the rest of the career mode at all, without first the community features making it into the game, and the better payouts showing up.

They are keeping us in the shadow, so it's anyone's guess if this game will actually benefit from gifting cars (between friends/profiles), profile view, better payouts, etc... They might not even happen, for all we know (or don't know) so far. Not to mention the stockyard glitch. Even if buying cars was not an issue for some of us, what is the guarantee that the glitch won't happen and make us lose everything ? They have to rush 1.02 ASAP, with community features making an urgent comeback. It's really, virtually unplayable for me right now (with less than 100 Stars to be yet earned).

The game is already really boring (and lonely) to me, without the Community section. I might not even load it anymore, until it becomes available (along with better payouts), so we can check friends' progresses, send gifts, etc...
 
Last edited:
Which is why the gaming industry is going to get away with this. Sure micro-transactions PO a lot of people, but enough gamers bite the bullet, and enough pockets get lined with extra cash, to justify their continued existence. Unfortunately.
We need to start a gamers union. ;) We cannot just be dominated by these big yet cheap electronics companies.

I for one would never pay for ingame money, unless it was far cheaper atleast. In Grand Theft Auto they had a similar system, but it was for far less cost. I think a $5.99 charge would have gotten me a super car in GTA online, in GT6 if you want say a classic car AND a red bull your looking at $50.00 and $29.99 for a Red Bull or a couple LMP machines. PD have reduced themselves to being virtual loan sharks here, and their reputation is perhaps on the line. Luckily for them, the "glitch" may have taken a chunk of the flak off as now people have what they wanted and are less likely to complain and or give the game negative reviews.
 
So you bought the game to collect virtual cars, not to race them.

Not so much. I just find some enjoyment in the 'grind'. Granted the grind in GT5 was pretty awful, it was fairly rewarding working up to the cars I wanted(to a point). Once I gifted my way to a fortune, all that went away and besides some seasonal events and the odd time trial comp against some friends I moved onto other games. GT6's career seems much better and the grind is more palatable so I'm enjoying slowly tuning what I have until I need or buy the next car. Things could change but I seem to be accruing plenty of money, the prize cars seem very deliberate for advancement and I don't feel any pressure for additional funds.
 
I am not grinding. Period. I don't buy games to do any tedious, boring, work. I buy games to have fun. In GT5 I had the Bobs and a Bspec widget group. If it were not for that I would have put GT5 down a long time ago. The numbers don't lie. 40 hrs of playing $2.6 mil earned, $1.7 mil spent in tires, paint, suits and that stuff. That leaves $900k to buy cars. I surely would not have had the Deltawing. I spent doing what I like to do experience cars, tune, modify, paint and RACE! Not grinding. Counted the #'s again. $140 mil or so to get the 200 cars I like and another $100 mil to modify them. How many sets of tires does each car need, especially if you're racing online? They are expensive. Not Grinding! Thank you for the glitch PD programer!
 
I have and when I get home tonight I will do it again. Best thing since sliced bread.
 
Still a difficult issue. What does, say 100 votes say then?
If your satisfied with that 100 people say a mix of the given options, so be it.
But those numbers really mean nothing without some base information.

Example: (Lets base it on 100 votes, OK?)

40x Yes
40x No
10x Consider it
10x Consider it not.

You would say, oh great, now I know some facts, 40% do the money glitch.

But, how big is the percentage of people on GTP, owning GT6 and not voted at all?
So considering that, a new example.

40x Yes
40x No
10x Consider it
10x Consider it not.
500x no answer [skipped the poll]

Yay, now you can assume that only (still approx) 6.6% of the people used the money glitch.

40% - 6.6%...wide range :)

I'll leave it here, I'll vote yes, as I used the money glitch.

Cheers,

Outeke

ps. I work for one of the biggest market research companies in the world, that might explain my reply to your poll.
Hope you'll be happy with your survey anyway, whatever outcome it will give.

Lol, what the hell? So when you do research, you do it on the entire population do you? Never heard of a representative sample? Granted, this is not a "representative " sample of-course, but all surveys are not representative to a certain degree... oh and were just having fun with this so give the guy a brake... I did it btw:D
 
after a long time considering i decided to do it. just wanted a few expensive cars that are almost impossible to get when just playing the game.

They should have included more prize cars in the career mode :guilty:
 
I am considering it once I get the game, but just because of my limited bandwidth. I'm not very patient and I know 1.2gb will take me at least 5 hours to download.

If I had a faster internet service, then sure! Screw Sony and their scheme that ruined our favorite game.
 
I have not, and I won't, but, in contrast, the game has become virtually unplayable to me.

I sold three of my prize cars for almost 800k total, in order to buy a Pescarolo so I could grind the "Like The Wind" Route X. But now, I don't feel like grinding one million every one hour and a half at a pace of 50k~ every four minutes. Not to mention that I don't want to see a dumb oval track listed as my "favorite track" on my profile stats. Ugh!

As for the micro-transactions, I won't support this practice, and I wouldn't buy any of them, even if all the packs cost just a cent! Period.

I can't complete any of the remaining events in I.B., I.A. and S. with the cars I currently own. Even if they are less than 100PP away from the toughest competitors, the class does not match (like, street car vs touring cars), making it pretty hard to withstand any chance. I was able to pull a lot of miracles in many of the events, but now it got to the point where it's not possible anymore, and it was weird doing some events without matching class/category.

I was hopeful that PD would have patched this game to 1.02 during today's maintenance, and add the community features back, plus new events to either career mode or seasonals, with better payouts. Now I can't play the rest of the career mode at all, without first the community features making it into the game, and the better payouts showing up.

They are keeping us in the shadow, so it's anyone's guess if this game will actually benefit from gifting cars (between friends/profiles), profile view, better payouts, etc... They might not even happen, for all we know (or don't know) so far. Not to mention the stockyard glitch. Even if buying cars was not an issue for some of us, what is the guarantee that the glitch won't happen and make us lose everything ? They have to rush 1.02 ASAP, with community features making an urgent comeback. It's really, virtually unplayable for me right now (with less than 100 Stars to be yet earned).

The game is already really boring (and lonely) to me, without the Community section. I might not even load it anymore, until it becomes available (along with better payouts), so we can check friends' progresses, send gifts, etc...

Like the wind is easier with a Veyron either model and just slapping a full dog transmission in it and setting it to max speed and no other changes. You'll smash the competition easily before you reach the first turn and with a little braking you can drive on the center line while accelerating. I did it with a time of 4:18 with just that change to the base car well no TCS and stuff but that more subjective than objective. You also get David and Goliath trophy if you use the Veyron in like the wind.

I agree the single player is boring with or without the glitching, glitching just allows you to collect cars you want without having to burn many hours you would rather spend racing online with other players than by yourself racing the iffy AI.
 
Personally I don't see a need to and wouldn't anyway, it's not who I am.

In GT5 I had every car so when it came to GT6 I already knew which ones I wanted to drive again. Sure the payouts are not great at the at the start of the game so ones hopes of owning every car is pretty slim from grinding but who knows what else will get thrown into the game.

My overall feeling after a week of game play is that GT6 is a watered down version of GT5 geared towards selling credits which really sucks. As far as these game microtransactions go they excite me about as much as Formula 1 pay drives but I guess that is a reality of our times.

On the other hand I love the physics in GT6 and would buy the game if it only had 6 cars and the Nordschleife at Nürburgring. Will I buy GT7 ? The better question is will PD be around to sell another game. Less for more is not cool PD.

Like the wind is easier with a Veyron either model and just slapping a full dog transmission in it and setting it to max speed and no other changes. You'll smash the competition easily before you reach the first turn and with a little braking you can drive on the center line while accelerating. I did it with a time of 4:18 with just that change to the base car well no TCS and stuff but that more subjective than objective. You also get David and Goliath trophy if you use the Veyron in like the wind.

I agree the single player is boring with or without the glitching, glitching just allows you to collect cars you want without having to burn many hours you would rather spend racing online with other players than by yourself racing the iffy AI.


Cheaper way of doing it than using a Veyron >> https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/threads/tommykaira-zzii-’00-appreciation-thread.293780/#post-9092625

*** sorry for the off topic ramble
 
Last edited by a moderator:
I might have done it if I had the disc version but there is no way in hell im re downloading the whole game.
 
Like the wind is easier with a Veyron either model and just slapping a full dog transmission in it and setting it to max speed and no other changes. You'll smash the competition easily before you reach the first turn and with a little braking you can drive on the center line while accelerating. I did it with a time of 4:18 with just that change to the base car well no TCS and stuff but that more subjective than objective. You also get David and Goliath trophy if you use the Veyron in like the wind.

I agree the single player is boring with or without the glitching, glitching just allows you to collect cars you want without having to burn many hours you would rather spend racing online with other players than by yourself racing the iffy AI.

It still is a matter of "50k~ every four minutes" (one million~ every 1h20m). But, if only for the trophy, I might do it once. Don't feel like racing the same race, over and over and over and over.

There are things that only PD is capable of achieving (I believe), yet they're stubborn enough to make bad decisions, which keeps their own franchise from reaching absolute greatness.

I always enjoy the single player mode at any game more than anything, but in GT's particular case, the last good one for that was GT4. It had tons of events, one-makes and more, and the "My Home" of it was pretty fun. So I don't mind racing the A.I. to make more credits, I just want the game to be better and pay better. Oh and this includes real-time Endurances making a comeback. I found the mini-Endurances to be too artificial with the weather conditions, tire and fuel depletion as well. Artificial to extremes, not to mention the hyper lame payouts.
 
Last edited:
I haven't glitched yet. The thought has crossed my mined. To be honest I haven't had a reason to. I play GT6 on my down time and so far I'm buying and tuning what I need through normal progression. Its taking longer than GT5, which is refreshing considering how fast I ran threw GT5. The way I see it, thank you PD for the early gift.(Since everyone is SO scared of the MICROTRANSACTIONS) So for those that haven't taken advantage of it fantastic, and for those that have, I'm not the one to judge.

I'm still having fun and haven't run into any sizable challenges or roadblocks at this point that warrant the need for the hassle.
 
Last edited:
Why the poll?

The one that really counts is built into the back-end of the game.

The front-end on the client side is that handy little GT6 Stats screen...

...and no doubt, its creators and their bean counters are analyzing that...

...to "calibrate" their response.

Its fairly simple for them, there will be a segment of GT6 clients that have an aggregate garage value...
...and/or credits that far exceed the combined values for earned credits, prize cars, logged micro-transactions...
...easily cross-referenced with recurring D/Ls of 1.01 by same IPs.
You can run, but not hide... :sly:

---------------------------------------
No high-horse passing judgement here or faux "holier than thou" soap boxing.

Just digital-trail basics folks.

holy **** can you please structure your writing
 
Let's get one thing straight firstly PD have got every right to make money however they can as long as its legal,but that is not saying ethical microtransactions skirt the ethical boundries for loyal consumers who have supported the Gran Turismo franchise from its insception,now have these loyal consumers broken any law in implementing a glitch in credit accumulating,absolutly not ,unethical yes ,but not illegal no,how ironic that the loyal customers who made the PD company so profitable are the ones who actually are benefitting from a software problem designed to garner extra profits from them so rich in irony Shakespear would be proud.If I were educated and I think the majority of you are take full advantage of this extrodinary calamity because big companies don't often make mistakes that benefit the consumer unless they themselves benefit,this will not happen again so enjoy the faux pas and the chaos it will bring!!!!
 
not ashamed to say I did it. I won't support paying for credits, DLC yes credits no and frankly had the glitch not been available, I'd have stopped playing the game by now. ohh and you don't need to redownload or delete the patch if you've another/or a friend with another ps3!

simply move your game save between them and log in on the other one.. have one PS3 on version1 and the other up to date! this is what I did as I had the download version! and my friend had the disc version. we did it before the disc version got patched.

I'm glad I did it, I prefer online racing to the poor AI, but you need a tuned garage for on line racing!
 
Let's get one thing straight firstly PD have got every right to make money however they can as long as its legal,but that is not saying ethical microtransactions skirt the ethical boundries for loyal consumers who have supported the Gran Turismo franchise from its insception,now have these loyal consumers broken any law in implementing a glitch in credit accumulating,absolutly not ,unethical yes ,but not illegal no,how ironic that the loyal customers who made the PD company so profitable are the ones who actually are benefitting from a software problem designed to garner extra profits from them so rich in irony Shakespear would be proud.If I were educated and I think the majority of you are take full advantage of this extrodinary calamity because big companies don't often make mistakes that benefit the consumer unless they themselves benefit,this will not happen again so enjoy the faux pas and the chaos it will bring!!!!
How about some paragraphs, punctuation and all that other **** that actually makes it possible to understand what you're rambling on about. Sheesh!
 
How about some paragraphs, punctuation and all that other **** that actually makes it possible to understand what you're rambling on about. Sheesh!
Apologies for the punctuation or lack of,my English teacher will be so upset at my misgivings,thank you for the advice,duely noted and keep giving the wounderful grammer lessons to all bloggers!!!
 
Apologies for the punctuation or lack of,my English teacher will be so upset at my misgivings,thank you for the advice,duely noted and keep giving the wounderful grammer lessons to all bloggers!!!
It has nothing to do with grammar per se. It's all to do with communication (or lack of).
 
Considering it.

The value of playing GT has dropped a lot to me, I gave 5 the benefit of the doubt, and I was hoping 6 would be a much better 'finished' product, and it just isn't, some of what is there is very good, but it's off set by some of the basic stuff which just isn't right. Maybe if my life was still structured the way it was when I was in my 20's I wouldn't mind. The payouts vs. prices thing isn't a deal breaker, neither is micro-transactions, and I'm not saying the game is terrible, more that my attitude towards the game has changed. I've not played Forza ever, and I'm not about to go 'learning' a new game/console - even if I wanted to spend my money.

If glitching means I can get more enjoyment from 6 then I might do it. If they close the loop-hole, no biggy, I'm just less likely to bother playing the game, if I do it, and get caught out, no biggy either.

I just hope 7 is structured in such a way that it removes the temptation to glitch credits, or at least, the core game offers enough (new content/features) to keep the game fresh.

I'm a massive fan of the GT series. But after 15 years of dedication, it seems to be of much less importance to me these days. Shame, because it could be the greatest game ever, maybe with the PS4, if PD hires more staff, and isn't pushed in to an early release again, then 7 will re-ignite the spark. Fingers Crossed.
 
... Shame, because it could be the greatest game ever, maybe with the PS4, if PD hires more staff, and isn't pushed in to an early release again, then 7 will re-ignite the spark. Fingers Crossed.
Perhaps it's more the case of hiring the right staff, perhaps even - dare I say it - a game designer. I love racing round the tracks, trying out different cars and set ups but when it comes down to actual gameplay then there isn't a lot there really.
 
I read an article where the glitch is like 150EU/180USD worth of microtransactions. Like I said in a previous comment, consider it a gift. It doesn't seem like there is a mad rush to put an end to it.
 
Back