How many of you will get Gran Turismo Mobile?

• Thread starter Strittan
  • 289 comments

Are you getting Gran Turismo Mobile?

• Yes

Votes: 216 67.3%
  • No

Votes: 56 17.4%
  • Not sure

Votes: 49 15.3%

• Total voters

Strittan

Premium
Sweden
Sweden
Strittan
Personally I think the making of GTM was nothing else than waste of time for PD, instead of concentrating on GT5. :indiff:

Therefore I'm curious about how many of you are actually getting this game?

There are 55 million odd PSP's been sold so far. I am sure the owners are happy the game is coming!

I am definitely going to get it (and a PSP Go) on October 1st, or as soon as possible. It will be the perfect boredom killer for me on the long train journey to and from work. :)

I don't plan on getting it or the new PSP.
1) It seems to be a stripped down GT4 with Ferrari's, a GTR improved physics and a new menu.
2) No physical copy, assuming there is no UMD version it will be DL only. I like having a physical copy of games.
3) It appears to have no GT mode and is instead mission based. GT mode is the sole reason I have ever played GT games.
4) If I wanted to play GT4 I would play GT4.

I don't plan on getting it or the new PSP.
1) It seems to be a stripped down GT4 with Ferrari's, a GTR improved physics and a new menu.
2) No physical copy, assuming there is no UMD version it will be DL only. I like having a physical copy of games.
3) It appears to have no GT mode and is instead mission based. GT mode is the sole reason I have ever played GT games.
4) If I wanted to play GT4 I would play GT4.

It will come out on UMD too said kaz.
Back on topic: If GT5 isn't out yet untill than, than it's a firstday buy-there's an ENZO! lol:)

I put no, because I don't own a PSP, I've spent too much money already getting ready for GT5, and if I'm out and about, I don't have time from games. If I'm at the house, I'd rather look at a 42" screen over a 3-4" screen. Besides, I don't think the G25 will be compatible.:D

I put no, because I don't own a PSP, I've spent too much money already getting ready for GT5, and if I'm out and about, I don't have time from games. If I'm at the house, I'd rather look at a 42" screen over a 3-4" screen. Besides, I don't think the G25 will be compatible.:D
PSP has component cables for A/V out.

I am getting it. I have had my PSP for over a year and this E3 has shown me Rock Band Unplugged, GT Mobile, MGS: Peace Walker, and Little Big Planet. In one week they managed to get me excited about as many games as I have bought in a year.

I find plenty of opportunities to play my PSP between travel, my wife watching a movie on Blu-Ray and hogging my PS3, or just feeling like gaming but wanting to get outside in nice weather.

If I had a choice I would choose GT5 first, but I will accept this setup for now as it is still something that I can be happy with.

Also, I am more of a hot lapper in dinky <200hp cars. I love just running around Nurburgring in hot hatches or little oddities. So missing a GT Mode will likely only be noticed by me for a little bit. I never got 100% completion on GT4 because every time I try I see an AI car I am racing against that I want to try, so I go buy it and then just drive it non-stop.

PSP has component cables for A/V out.

True but the graphics must be.... ewww

Also, I am more of a hot lapper in dinky <200hp cars. I love just running around Nurburgring in hot hatches or little oddities. So missing a GT Mode will likely only be noticed by me for a little bit. I never got 100% completion on GT4 because every time I try I see an AI car I am racing against that I want to try, so I go buy it and then just drive it non-stop.

Same here.

I'll be pre-ordering the PSP Go/GTM box when it is announced. I have a gift card which is useless otherwise as I don't really play much games on the PC (and the games I do play aren't sold there lol) so I get a nice 100 euro discount when I order the box :sly:

Definitly gonna get it. I've been waiting long enough for it. My 16 Gb in my psp3000 is ready for it :D

I'll watch where this game goes, but it's highly likely I'm going to buy the new PSP and GTM, hence I voted yes.

Last edited:
Yes I will be getting it, finally my PSP will get some use.

Yes I will be getting it, finally my PSP will get some use.

Yeah, I'll definetely be getting it. My PSP is just used as a portable internet device at the moment. Last time I played a game on it was, hell, I can't ever remember the last time I played a game on it....

Yeah, I'll definetely be getting it. My PSP is just used as a portable internet device at the moment. Last time I played a game on it was, hell, I can't ever remember the last time I played a game on it....

It works well as a paper weight too :D One of the many functions of the PSP ....

True but the graphics must be.... ewww
I haven't tried it yet, so I can't say. I have only used the composite cables for Remote Playing my PS3 in the bedroom and outputting SD video. If the component cables are utilizing the full 720x480 resolution it shouldn't look much worse than GT4 in SD on the same TV.

I've been intending to get the component cables for a while now because I want to see just how awesome Patapon sounds on my big stereo.

I can't decide between getting a PSP Go and Gt Mobile or getting an XBox and Forza 3...
My gut reaction was 360 + Forza, or wait until Forza is out and see if GT5 has a release date yet.

But after thinking about it a bit I think that may actually be a tough decisions. For me Forza just never felt quite right, so making that leap would be tough when I have a series that I know I love, albeit in a smaller console, coming out in the same month. The 360 will impress more, but oddly the PSP actually has some features the 360 doesn't, like built in Wi-Fi and an Internet Browser.

Also, if you have a PS3 then it will interact with your PSP in both gaming and non-gaming ways. I use it to watch movies, via remote play on my PS3, after I go to bed so that I don't keep my wife up with the TV.

So, personal preference may be your main deciding factor. Also, remember that you can get the older model PSPs for cheaper than anything else and they will still run GT Mobile.

If you don't have any of the current gen consoles yet, I definitely suggest waiting to see if we get more GT5 info first. You wouldn't want to buy Forza and a 360 only to two days later find out GT5 will be out at Christmas.

It works well as a paper weight too :D One of the many functions of the PSP ....

Yeah, I do that. I have mine sitting anywhere in the house, coffee tables etc and people just pick it up and play it because not many people have a PSP.:lol: Mine gets played a lot, just not by me.:P

This will be a day one purchase for me, mainly because my PSP does get a lot of use.

I travel a lot with work (away three out of the last four weeks and again for the next two weeks) so for me its a great device. Allows me to play a lot of games, check on the PSN store from hotels, etc.

So the ability to have a GT game with 800 odd cars is perefect, fingers crossed that by the end of the year I will have a new GT on the PS3 at home and on the PSP when away with work.

Now all I need to hear is some sort of communication between the two titles, now that would be cool.

Regards

Scaff

This will be a day one purchase for me, mainly because my PSP does get a lot of use.

I travel a lot with work (away three out of the last four weeks and again for the next two weeks) so for me its a great device. Allows me to play a lot of games, check on the PSN store from hotels, etc.

So the ability to have a GT game with 800 odd cars is perefect, fingers crossed that by the end of the year I will have a new GT on the PS3 at home and on the PSP when away with work.

Now all I need to hear is some sort of communication between the two titles, now that would be cool.

Regards

Scaff

That last bit with the two communicating was in one of the latest interviews I read... I dont remember the source now, but I will find it... it states that GTM will be able to communicate with GT5 in some ways... like if you get a car on GTM and dont have it on GT5 you can open it up on GT5 by hooking up your PSP... sounds a bit too good to be true, but I'm gonna try and dig up that interview...

I don't know if I should be hopeful or not.

On one hand it has been discussed before with nothing to show. On the other hand it is being done in current games and they have been giving more realistic approaches to the idea.

I might consider it, just have to get a PSP first. It will run on the current model right? Might be able to pick one of those up for cheap when the new model arrives. :)

I might consider it, just have to get a PSP first. It will run on the current model right? Might be able to pick one of those up for cheap when the new model arrives. :)
I imagine the used market for PSP Fats and Slims will grow significantly.

Personally, I would like to see a Go bundle with a GT Mobile voucher and a PSP 3000 bundle with a GT Mobile UMD available.

Voted YES.

A couple of reasons:
1) My PS3 is not the early 60GB model capable of playing PS2 games, so no GT4 for me, which leads to....
2) I never played GT4, and have always wanted to, so GTM + PSP will be the perfect substitute instead of having to buy a PS2, even if it's somewhat 'downscaled' in content.
3) I have always wanted a portable GT that I can play anywhere, and now I got it.
4) It's GT!!! So even if it's bad I'll probably still buy it :P

Anyway, I'm torn over the decision to buy the old PSP and having GTM on UMD, or buying the new PSP Go and getting GTM as download. I like having a physical copy of the game, but I also don't want my PSP to become obsolete quickly. On the other hand PSP Go has a lot more features (and I suspect better graphics too) but I would have to deal with the possibility that someday my whole GTM game + save will get wiped out should there be a failure :scared: What do you guys think? Any suggestions?

P.S. Also, am I the only one who thinks that the car trading system is lame? What's wrong with allowing us to unlock cars the normal way? Because no one I knew play PSP or likes GT, so my chance of unlocking all 800 cars is very slim :(

@Scaff: Found the quote about communication between the two games...

Eurogamer: In terms of GT PSP connectivity, is there downloadable content planned, and is there any plan for connecting with GT5 at all?

Kazunori Yamauchi: First off, for the PSP version we're not thinking of any downloadable content. And as for the link with GT5, we're hoping maybe to make it so you can share the garage with the PSP version so that cars you unlock on PSP will be available immediately on GT5.

source: http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/gran-turismo-psp-hands-on

and for some more speculation... this might mean the car lists for GT5 and GTM are similar!! :dopey::dopey:

and for some more speculation... this might mean the car lists for GT5 and GTM are similar!! :dopey::dopey:
I think it's a pretty spot-on speculation. You can't exchange cars if they're not in both games. :)

Back