How many of you will get Gran Turismo Mobile?

• Thread starter Strittan
  • 289 comments

Are you getting Gran Turismo Mobile?

• Yes

Votes: 216 67.3%
  • No

Votes: 56 17.4%
  • Not sure

Votes: 49 15.3%

• Total voters
oh, cheers for clearing that up mate. But I have to disagree by a major factor. why?

-People will play GT1 and GT2 not to replace or have a cheaper alternative to GT PSP but rather to rekindle old memories of playing GT on PS1. Or in newbies's cases explore what GT used to be like. So for me it would be a win-win situation for PD as i highly doubt people will ditch GT PSP for the old games.

Also, just an opinion guys

I'm going to buy a copy from every region - Just incase certain countries get exclusive cars... I really don't want to have to go without a certain car e.g. the Mini in GT4...

I'm going to get the UMD version, and play it on my brother's PSP, as he never uses it.

@ FoolKiller: Thanks for replying to my post entirely. It sure helps a lot 👍. I've decided to wait until PSP Go and GTM is released so I can try them out before buying anything. Like you said, I think it will ultimately come down to personal preference, but signs are strong that I will buy the PSP-3000 anyway :).

I've got GT1 and GT2 on my PSP and they're certainly not going to stop me getting GTM :)

I think there would be a reasonable amount of people that would buy GT1 or GT2 after getting GTM (or vice versa).

I do have a PSP 3000, (Also Still the Original one)
I will get the PSP GO So I can enjoy it on the go. ( I hate how BIG is the 3000 when I pocket this bad boy, it still big)
So yeah why not!

I just found out that the PSP Go doesn't have a Mini USB port!

I was expecting to be able to use the same cable that I currently use to charge my PS3 controllers to charge and/or transfer files to my PSP. I think this is a ridiculous move since Sony are always going on about their supposed interest in PS3/PSP interoperability.

I am annoyed because I have dozens of USB>Mini USB cables lying around due to the fact that they are supported by (and get tossed in with) pretty much all current PC compatible devices, digital cameras etc.

This also means that I would have to take some Sony proprietary cable around with me whenever I visit a friends house with a PS3 but not a PSP. It also means that all of the current PSP peripherals that are available wont work without an adapter of some kind, if at all.

But on the plus side... the price of the older models will surely drop when the PSP Go gets released, and from looking at the stats I can see:

PSP Go:

Bluetooth
16gb internal flash memory
Smaller size (inc smaller buttons and 3.8" screen)
No UMD Drive (aka downloadable games only/no buying or selling 2nd hand games)
Support for Memory Stick Micro (newer, physically smaller, more expensive mem stick)
Sony proprietary cable port>USB
More expensive

PSP 2000/3000:

Support for Memory Stick PRO Duo (older, physically bigger & cheaper mem stick) *
Bigger overall size (4.3" screen)
Support for UMD games AND downloadable games
Mini USB port>USB
Cheaper!

* Most current packs come with 32MB+ cards (possibly way more if you buy second hand)

Some other things to note are:

- You can probably pick up an original model PSP 1000 for cheap as chips nowadays but be sure to realize that they are bigger, don't have TV output, will not charge via USB (AC adapter only), have only 32 MB ram (all other models have twice that, 64mb) meaning longer game loading times and chuggier performance all around when using tabbed internet browser etc, have less battery life... but they will still play GT: Mobile!

- The known problems occurring with the screen on the 3000 model PSPs. See:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BO12Xv42vWo
http://au.gear.ign.com/articles/925/925803p1.html
http://www.pspworld.com/sony-psp/ac...rd-on-psp-3000-interlacing-problem-009413.php

(after hearing about this, the PSP 2000 (aka PSP slim) is starting to look like the best option to me).

Read up on all the specific details of each model here:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/PlayStation_Portable

Thanks for the info!
Is there any speed differences between that proprietary cable and mini USB cable?

Back to GT Go
So Now I will be playing GT GO and GT5 pretty much all the time now.
Going to school, in school with PSP GO.
Go Home and play GT5 Full game. Trade some cars with PS3 and PSP GO, and whole cycle repeat.

I just found out that the PSP Go doesn't have a Mini USB port!

I was expecting to be able to use the same cable that I currently use to charge my PS3 controllers to charge and/or transfer files to my PSP. I think this is a ridiculous move since Sony are always going on about their supposed interest in PS3/PSP interoperability.

I am annoyed because I have dozens of USB>Mini USB cables lying around due to the fact that they are supported by (and get tossed in with) pretty much all current PC compatible devices, digital cameras etc.
You do realize it will likely come with the cable, right? Like a lot of portable stuff these days it may come with a wall charger and this, or maybe just this so you can charge it via USB, like an iPod.

Nothing you have said about this is any different for me when I upgraded to the new iPod Nano, which didn't work with old iPod charging cables. But the Nano did come with a new cable, I didn't have to buy anything as they gave me enough to be able to charge and transfer data via USB. It is only a hassle if you want to add convenience to it.

But I do understand what you mean if you already have a PSP. The cost of upgrading is more than the $250 unit price, because you will want to replace all current accessories.

If anyone wonders why I won't upgrade until I have no other choice, it is because I refuse to buy all of this...again.

psp.go.accessories.060409-580px.jpg

You do realize it will likely come with the cable, right? Like a lot of portable stuff these days it may come with a wall charger and this, or maybe just this so you can charge it via USB, like an iPod.

Yes I realize that it will come with the cable, I'm just annoyed that the cable uses a different type of connection than that which is on every other device that I use with my ps3.

I'm annoyed that there has to be yet another type of cable to keep track of. I find this kind of thing really inconvenient.

As I said in my post, Mini USB>USB cables are pretty common place nowadays and if I was ever to find myself somewhere without a charge/transfer cable, I could most likely find one wherever I could find a computer.
I happen to have half a dozen USB>Mini USB cables lying around my house as it is which would of come in handy if they had decided on a standard connection.

After hearing that news recently about all of the mobile phone companies (except apple) finally being forced to settle on a standard connector for mobile phone chargers from sometime in 2009/10 onwards, I guess I just got my hopes up too soon.

If there is no mini USB port, how do you connect it to the computer? Bluetooth only?

There is a USB cable, it's just a "PSP Go connector" > USB (instead of Mini-USB>USB, like they have on PS3 controllers and older model PSPs)

PS. Yes I'll be buying GT: Mobile, but I won't be buying a PSP Go.. probably.

Last edited:
Out of all those things, only two are ones that otherwise are included with older PSP's that you would actually likely buy.

1. component cable (expect a 3rd party adaptor of some sort soon after so you can use your older cables
2. screen protector (wow there goes 2 dollars)

Do you need a cradle, no.
Do you need a privacy film, no.
DO you need a hand strap, no.
You will most likely have an ac adaptor, USB cable (or at least the USB cable if the console can charge off it) and pouch included with the console.

Fair enough regarding the Component cable being a bit unfair to require an upgrade, but the rest is not needed/likely to be supplied.

After hearing that news recently about all of the mobile phone companies (except apple) finally being forced to settle on a standard connector for mobile phone chargers from sometime in 2009/10 onwards, I guess I just got my hopes up too soon.

Please don't state something as fact unless it actually is (and you can if needed prove it).

Mobile phone companies are not being forced to do this at all (the EU did threaten them), rather the GSM Association have adapted the Micro-USB as a standard from 2012 onwards. While most of the major phone companies have agreed to this, they are not legally bound by it.

Source 1 - http://www.engadget.com/2009/02/17/...hone-ch?icid=sphere_blogsmith_inpage_engadget
Source 2 - http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/technology/7894763.stm?lss

Regards

Scaff

It is a matter of how you use it, and that image also leaves out the memory sticks.

But I have a hard plastic carrying case w/ built-in screen protector that also flips over to become a stand (because I don't stick electronics in my pockets) and the A/V cables, plus two memory sticks.

To replace everything I currently have would put the total price over $300. I might as well buy a 360 as my current PSP, for nothing, can still play GT Mobile.

Also, without the USB mini port anyone wanting the camera or GPS (sorry US, we don't get them at all yet) will have to wait for a new version.

The PSP Go is far too expensive. £230, WTF?
People keep saying this, and while it is more than I am willing to pay I look at it this way:

PSP Go $250.

PSP 3000 $169
16 GB Memory Stick $99 (non-sale price)
Bluetooth connectivity $20 (???)
Compressed size of parts (???)
No UMD drive (-$23)

Total: $265 (not including unknowns)

I also said Memory Stick as that is all you can buy for a PSP 3000, but 16 GB SSDs run anywhere from $50 -$200 anyway, so I figured that I would shoot in the middle since I have no clue what kind of internal flash memory Sony is using to begin with.

For what difference they have added to the PSP Go the price is perfectly in line with the best you can do as a consumer.

count me in on buying it!! i really can't wait for this game to come out. Then all we need is GT5 and honestly i will never see light outside again. unless of course im playing GT psp :))

I'm not sure. I have to see if the new content is worth it or not. Since I have GT4, I wouldn't get it for the same content alone

I can't wait for GranTurismo mobile for the psp it will be amazing game to buy for a porable machine. These anyone no if GranTurismo mobile is going online to vs people?:indiff:

Back