How many of you will get Gran Turismo Mobile?

• Thread starter Strittan
  • 289 comments

Are you getting Gran Turismo Mobile?

• Yes

Votes: 216 67.3%
  • No

Votes: 56 17.4%
  • Not sure

Votes: 49 15.3%

• Total voters
I'm likely not using 25% of my monthly internet downloads on that. :ouch:

Hey look at it this way: if you get the psn version of GTM, then you won't have to worry about dowloading p*rn, music or movies in that month. You just wanna play GTM :D

Lol, i suggest all you babies have a big group unbunching of your panties M'kay?

Jay
It will only be a 1GB or so, is that 25% of your monthly bandwidth?

I'm on 20GB now, but twe only had 5GB up until a cople of months ago. That's not so bad, still i don't like the downloaded versions. :nervous:

Hmm okay, I like the dl versions more than the umd ones. UMD is slow as a medium and download version are tied to your psn account. I know this is considered to be a disadvantage when you want to sell a game second hand. But would you sell GTM ? ;)

Hmm okay, I like the dl versions more than the umd ones. UMD is slow as a medium and download version are tied to your psn account. I know this is considered to be a disadvantage when you want to sell a game second hand. But would you sell GTM ? ;)

HELL TO THE NO, sorry got to excited there :)

Yea, and if you know how to do it, you can buy the physical copy of the game, put the files from the game on your memory stick/PC and sell the physical copy. :P But then again, that's also illegal. lol

So, you will buy GTM only if it has connections to GT5? It has 800 cars and 35 tracks and it's portable, there's no other real reason why not to get it.

I saw my first commercial for GT Mobile while I was watching D1 this morning. Oh ya!

Needless to say, I will be picking it up the day it comes out.

If there will be a pre-order for the psn version and if that has benefits (i.e. 1 day earlier, GT1 or GT2 as bonus), I will pre-order also.

But I doubt there will be benefits when preordering the digital version.

D1 you say. Gosh I'd love to see that. I will search this week if I can see a place to get that somewhere from the net.

Over here in the Netherlands we had an official drift championship for 2 years. But it died due to a lack of interest. It was so enjoyble to see. The tracks where they do drifting are very close to my hometown.

I think having the Nurburgring in your pocket has to be the ultimate in portable gaming. Anywhere, anytime, trying to beat you lap records!

I just hope that the physics are faithful to the GT series and not too dumbed down, physics on par with GT4 would be great, anything above that I see as a bonus.

All the videos so far have been done with the driving aids on, and/or not in simulation mode. With unskilled players too...

Voted YES.

A couple of reasons:
1) My PS3 is not the early 60GB model capable of playing PS2 games, so no GT4 for me, which leads to....
2) I never played GT4, and have always wanted to, so GTM + PSP will be the perfect substitute instead of having to buy a PS2, even if it's somewhat 'downscaled' in content.
3) I have always wanted a portable GT that I can play anywhere, and now I got it.
4) It's GT!!! So even if it's bad I'll probably still buy it :P

Anyway, I'm torn over the decision to buy the old PSP and having GTM on UMD, or buying the new PSP Go and getting GTM as download. I like having a physical copy of the game, but I also don't want my PSP to become obsolete quickly. On the other hand PSP Go has a lot more features (and I suspect better graphics too) but I would have to deal with the possibility that someday my whole GTM game + save will get wiped out should there be a failure :scared: What do you guys think? Any suggestions?

P.S. Also, am I the only one who thinks that the car trading system is lame? What's wrong with allowing us to unlock cars the normal way? Because no one I knew play PSP or likes GT, so my chance of unlocking all 800 cars is very slim :(
I'll help you unlock cars on GT Mobile you can be my gt buddy!:)

I'll help you unlock cars on GT Mobile you can be my gt buddy!:)

Why thank you :). The trading system is still not that clear though, so unless we can trade cars online it'll still be useless (no offense intended).

Why thank you :). The trading system is still not that clear though, so unless we can trade cars online it'll still be useless (no offense intended).

Did Kaz say something about some cars only being available from trading? I think he did. Would these be in the form of rewards for trading?

Every game gives you a different set of cars for every event. Every copy is different. So, if i finish clubman and get an enzo, and you get a zonda, i trade with you to get the zonda and you get the enzo.

Was is not said somewhere that you could unlock all the cars yourself? because if not i'm also left high and dry i only know one other person with a psp and she doesnt play racing games...oh and PJ when are ya gonna update the car list? ;)

To the people that say PD should have been working on GT5. Well given it was announced in 2004, they have been working on it awhile. As Obama says, I think PD can walk and crew gum at the same time, during GT3/GT4 development they came out with TT, before GT2 came out they did Armored Core.

What's wrong with you people???

I will get a PSP maybe. I have a Gameboy Color I NEVER use, the batteries have more than likely become a permanent part of it by now :(

Did Kaz say something about some cars only being available from trading? I think he did. Would these be in the form of rewards for trading?

Yes he did. Problem is no one actually knows for sure how the system works. Can you trade over the internet? Or do you have to physically meet the other person and connect your PSP through Bluetooth (or whatever other methods)?

Was is not said somewhere that you could unlock all the cars yourself? because if not i'm also left high and dry i only know one other person with a psp and she doesnt play racing games...oh and PJ when are ya gonna update the car list? ;)

I've read some articles where it said you can unlock all cars yourself, but it would take you a lifetime. My guess is the cars are awarded at random or according to a very complex criteria (order of doing events/what car you use/gameplay hours/etc). So virtually you can't unlock all yourself. I'd like to be proved wrong though...

Yes he did. Problem is no one actually knows for sure how the system works. Can you trade over the internet? Or do you have to physically meet the other person and connect your PSP through Bluetooth (or whatever other methods)?
They have stated clearly that it will only connect via Ad-Hoc mode (as do most online PSP games), which uses Wi-Fi to connect directly to systems within a close proximity. However, it is also going to support Ad-Hoc party, which is a PS3 app that tricks the PSP into going online by using the PS3 as an Ad-Hoc connection and then making other PSPs using the application appear to be connected directly.

You can get the details from Jordan's report on it on the news page from last month.

Also, since then Sony has filed for an Ad-Hoc Party patent in the US, so the signs that they are working to get the system in the US is there.

I've read some articles where it said you can unlock all cars yourself, but it would take you a lifetime. My guess is the cars are awarded at random or according to a very complex criteria (order of doing events/what car you use/gameplay hours/etc). So virtually you can't unlock all yourself. I'd like to be proved wrong though...
It should be noted that in the interviews where they mention how long it would take to get all 800+ cars by yourself, calling it impossible, they also often refer to how most people could never obtain all the cars in GT4. But as anyone on GTP knows, there are people on here that got every single GT4 car on their own.

I honestly believe the car trading is just to aid the majority of average players who won't, or can't, put the effort into obtaining every single car on their own. This makes sense, as GT PSP is supposed to be designed to draw new fans into the franchise.

To the people that say PD should have been working on GT5. Well given it was announced in 2004, they have been working on it awhile. As Obama says, I think PD can walk and crew gum at the same time, during GT3/GT4 development they came out with TT, before GT2 came out they did Armored Core.

What's wrong with you people???

I will get a PSP maybe. I have a Gameboy Color I NEVER use, the batteries have more than likely become a permanent part of it by now :(

What's wrong with you? "Walk and crew gum at the same time." ??? :rolleyes:

Here's an interesting FACT for you--GT Mobile has taken up as much as 100% of PD's development efforts at times -- Link

That's pretty simple math isn't it? How could they focus their efforts on anything else if they are devoting 100% of their time to GT Mobile?
They can "walk and crew gum at the same time?" I don't think so.

Also, until recently, most people were under the impression that GT Mobile would be released AFTER GT5. At least that's what Kaz had stated in previous interviews. "Yamauchi tells us that it hasn't forgotten the long-delayed Gran Turismo 4 Mobile for PSP. He confirms that the game – originally announced at E3 2004 – is still actively in development, although it isn't planned for release until after GT5."

Hence, some people being a little miffed that GT Mobile is (apparently) going to be released far in advance of GT5.

Last edited:
:

I'm up for the challenge. :):):):):crazy::drool:👍 I got all the cars in GT4.;)

What's wrong with you? "Walk and crew gum at the same time." ??? :rolleyes:

Here's an interesting FACT for you--GT Mobile has taken up as much as 100% of PD's development efforts at times -- Link

That's pretty simple math isn't it? How could they focus their efforts on anything else if they are devoting 100% of their time to GT Mobile?
They can "walk and crew gum at the same time?" I don't think so.

Also, until recently, most people were under the impression that GT Mobile would be released AFTER GT5. At least that's what Kaz had stated in previous interviews. "Yamauchi tells us that it hasn't forgotten the long-delayed Gran Turismo 4 Mobile for PSP. He confirms that the game – originally announced at E3 2004 – is still actively in development, although it isn't planned for release until after GT5."

Hence, some people being a little miffed that GT Mobile is (apparently) going to be released far in advance of GT5.

Chew you happy now? It was like 4am when I posted that...

I haven't bought a PS3 yet, still playing PS2 games, I'm miffed backwards compatitbilty has been taking out of new PS3 consoles in a move to cut cost since Sony is loosing money on every console sold.

If I can live with that, then others can live with GT5 being delayed, if you just HAVE to play it BUY PROLOGUE!

I'm thinking about it, I have an original PSP and won't be getting a PSP Go. I'm guessing that loading times etc will be faster from a memory stick than a UMD disc. I'm also wondering how they have set the controls on GTM for the PSP's single thumbstick and 1 pair of shoulder buttons. Between this, Forza 3, NFS Shift, Dirt 2 and maybe even GT5 (you never know!) its going to be a busy time ahead :) .

wondering a little bit about time developing on the GT PSP and GTHD, GT5P and GT5 full
i think they wasted a considerable amount of time on GTHD and on TT as well....
if you think about it the time they spent developing these two products could've been spent on GT5P GT5 full and GT PSP and problably we'd have them around for quite a bit now...

I'm thinking about it, I have an original PSP and won't be getting a PSP Go. I'm guessing that loading times etc will be faster from a memory stick than a UMD disc. I'm also wondering how they have set the controls on GTM for the PSP's single thumbstick and 1 pair of shoulder buttons. Between this, Forza 3, NFS Shift, Dirt 2 and maybe even GT5 (you never know!) its going to be a busy time ahead :) .

I have no choice but to get a new psp as ive lost my old one so i might aswell get the best one (in my opinion) and it will be busy few months for me too with NHL10 FIFA10 Supercar Challenge the new NFS and of course GT5/GTM.:) looking forward to it.:drool:

I've got an ice silver PSP 2000 with an 8GB memory stick, but I don't have a credit card, and PSN cards aren't available here, so, I will have to buy it, or get someone to buy PSN cards for me to use, or even download it from other sources, if I wanted it so bad and couldn't get it, but that's likely not happening.

Back