How many of you will get Gran Turismo Mobile?

• Thread starter Strittan
  • 289 comments

Are you getting Gran Turismo Mobile?

• Yes

Votes: 216 67.3%
  • No

Votes: 56 17.4%
  • Not sure

Votes: 49 15.3%

• Total voters
Got mine pre-ordered and am anxiously awaiting both the game and the code for my Veyron!

I was torn between getting in on UMD or over PSN, but I actually got games a few days before the actual release date when ordering from Amazon, so I´m hoping this might arrive a little earlier as well :) And the cover artwork looks so sweet - actually having the game arrive in a little package, opening it up, and all that.... that´s something a PSN download can´t give me. This is one of the few games I want to physically OWN ;)

I was torn between getting in on UMD or over PSN, And the cover artwork looks so sweet - actually having the game arrive in a little package, opening it up, and all that.... that´s something a PSN download can´t give me. This is one of the few games I want to physically OWN ;)

I felt the same way. So I thought..why not get both? I am getting the PSP GO and have an extra PSP 1000 laying around so when friends come over we can play some one on one. Besides I like the artwork on the box plus I'm a sucker for the Bug.:drool:

Last edited:
My ps3 is not backwards compatible so suffice to say the only thing i can play to curb my racing fix is gt5:Pro. I will definitley pick this game up, i can't wait to have a decent car collection and tear around the nordschliefe.

I only hope the steering from the analog stick is not mega twitchy and more like the control of Ridge Racer for the psp.

From what I've read/seen in reviews, they say the analog stick is not a precise as most would think during gameplay. They said using the d-pad, they had better control. I most likely will use the d-pad though I use the analog on ps3.

Getting it as soon as I can.
And after watching the intro on facetube, I gotta ask what is the name of that track (sound)?! Gotta love sony's sense of musical style :)

TGS is on Thursday, and GT PSP releases next Thursday, that's right, I'm drawing radical conspiracies right now.

That's how hyper I am right now. :D

Hey Arwin, we will meet to have some multiplayer sessions, won't we? ;)

Maybe after a month or so. That way we can maximize the car sharing feature.

I felt the same way. So I thought..why not get both?

Depending on how good this game turns out to be I might actually do that - having it all on the memory stick will be much more comfortable in the long run. Well, it also depends on how much the UMD will have to be accessed even with the data install - if it just checks at the beginning for anti-piracy measures I will most likely just stick to that version. However, I buy games so rarely (and mostly used so the developers see none of this money), so I´m perfectly fine with dropping some more money on games that I really love. Well, we´ll see in a few days :embarrassed:

From what I've read/seen in reviews, they say the analog stick is not a precise as most would think during gameplay. They said using the d-pad, they had better control. I most likely will use the d-pad though I use the analog on ps3.

I was using the PSP web browser yesterday (yeah, I know...) and when moving the cursor around with the analog nub I only noticed two sensitivity levels - pushing it fully and just slightly pushing it. But the transition between these levels was so rough I wonder how people would ever enjoy playing any racer with it - besides, its just positioned very uncomfortably and playing with it for a longer period actually made my thumb hurt whenever I tried it. I prefer tapping the large, juicy pad a lot more. (The only real advantage the nub has in my opinion is smooth 360 degrees of movement, in platformers for instance.) Kaz mentioned the d-pad is the main method of playing this game, so I´m sure they fine-tuned the controls for that ;) The 1000 models are supposed to have an inferior d-pad, though I guess that mostly affects diagonal inputs. The one on my 2000 is pretty good.

Hey Arwin, we will meet to have some multiplayer sessions, won't we? ;)

Maybe after a month or so. That way we can maximize the car sharing feature.

We should get together on Fridays, let our kids play together and then we can take turns watching the kids while the other unlocks new cars. :D

Last edited:
One week away. I am excited to be getting plenty of new Gran Turismo in before March, and it will be a good prep for having an early garage so I can jump right in to the online racing in GT5 with a garage full of cars.

My only regret is that it isn't out already so that I could play it on my way to the Petit Le Mans. I will just have to settle for Rock Band or God of War I guess.

Depending on how good this game turns out to be I might actually do that - having it all on the memory stick will be much more comfortable in the long run. Well, it also depends on how much the UMD will have to be accessed even with the data install - if it just checks at the beginning for anti-piracy measures I will most likely just stick to that version. However, I buy games so rarely (and mostly used so the developers see none of this money), so I´m perfectly fine with dropping some more money on games that I really love. Well, we´ll see in a few days :embarrassed:

I was using the PSP web browser yesterday (yeah, I know...) and when moving the cursor around with the analog nub I only noticed two sensitivity levels - pushing it fully and just slightly pushing it. But the transition between these levels was so rough I wonder how people would ever enjoy playing any racer with it - besides, its just positioned very uncomfortably and playing with it for a longer period actually made my thumb hurt whenever I tried it. I prefer tapping the large, juicy pad a lot more. (The only real advantage the nub has in my opinion is smooth 360 degrees of movement, in platformers for instance.) Kaz mentioned the d-pad is the main method of playing this game, so I´m sure they fine-tuned the controls for that ;) The 1000 models are supposed to have an inferior d-pad, though I guess that mostly affects diagonal inputs. The one on my 2000 is pretty good.

Actually, the analog stick on the PSP is fully, you know, analog. It's only the browser that supports two cursor speeds. If you've played any racer at all on the PSP you'll find that it's actually pretty decent.

Actually, the analog stick on the PSP is fully, you know, analog. It's only the browser that supports two cursor speeds. If you've played any racer at all on the PSP you'll find that it's actually pretty decent.

And if you have a PSP 1000, like me, i strongly suggest you buy a set of extra analogue nubs from your local games store (i bought mines at GAME, it's real cheap and they come like 10 in a box). They come in a variety of shapes and sizes, and i now have one specific nub that handles much better on games, and by that i won't ruin my thumb when applying force to that little one :crazy:

And if you have a PSP 1000, like me, i strongly suggest you buy a set of extra analogue nubs from your local games store (i bought mines at GAME, it's real cheap and they come like 10 in a box). They come in a variety of shapes and sizes, and i now have one specific nub that handles much better on games, and by that i won't ruin my thumb when applying force to that little one :crazy:

How easy is it to remove and replace the analogue? Can you do the same with the d-pad and face buttons?

The cap from the analogue stick comes of quite easily. Actually way to easy. Just put a nail or nife under it and flip it off.

If you want to change or remove the face and d-pad buttons, you'll have to disassemble the psp. That is of course more work, but also doable.

The cap from the analogue stick comes of quite easily. Actually way to easy. Just put a nail or nife under it and flip it off.

If you want to change or remove the face and d-pad buttons, you'll have to disassemble the psp. That is of course more work, but also doable.

Correct 👍

But the nub only comes off in the PSP 1000 models i think, later models are not able to have them modified unless you change the whole component, wich means opening the PSP (and voiding your warranty, if you still have it).

Wanted to buy some funky D-Pad and Face buttons from the interweb but it seems a very big job.

It's not complicated, you can find lots of tutorials with videos and all that explain pretty well how to do it. The only con i see is that if you have your PSP under warranty, u'll loose it :indiff:

About the nubs:

The one on the right is the original, The 2 on the left are just a few of the set, i'm currently using the middle one.

Using the bigger nub i can have much more control of the movement :)

Last edited:
I find that putting a bigger nub on the psp actually screws with my ability to use the nub precisely. The bigger nub naturally gives me a feeling that the nub has a lot more travel than it actually has, so I often find my self moving the analog stick further than I want to.

Back